• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rachel Ray Is Using a Metal Whisk

In summary, the cookware is beating to death and it is making me cringe!!!The Food Network definitely focuses on the food rather than the proper way to use kitchen tools and equipment.I won't let my daughter learn to cook yet b/c I am so afraid she will ruin one of my pans, yet, she will sit at shows and correct me if I say the wrong thing or call an item by the wrong name and she'll give additional uses for almost every product.I think if there is anyone out there, I can trust
Cindycooks
Silver Member
in her non-stick cookware. She is beating it to death and it is making me cringe!!!

I see alot of cooks and chefs do this. When you don't have to pay for the cookware I think that you don't care!!

I know---that always bugs me too!

rennea said:
When you don't have to pay for the cookware I think that you don't care!!

I was just about to say the same thing. :)

That just makes me cringe too!

I guess I always thought (or hoped) that whatever non-stick they were using COULD stand up to metal tools.) Do they even make such a thing?

I had it BEAT into my head (well, not literally) by my Mom about being nice to non-stick! The stuff we had growing up was NOTHING like my exeuctive cookware...even taking care of it and doing all the "right" stuff it didn't work or last like our cookware we sell!! Fast forward to my brother and his idiot girlfriend...she didn't have a CLUE and ruined my brother's pan by using it ONCE! Thankfully, he grew up and married a wonderful Christian woman who is the best!

I won't let my daughter learn to cook yet b/c I am so afraid she will ruin one of my pans, yet, she will sit at shows and correct me if I say the wrong thing or call an item by the wrong name and she'll give additional uses for almost every product. I think if there is anyone out there, I can trust her, but i am so paranoid with it!!

The Food Network definitely focuses on the food rather than the proper way to use kitchen tools and equipment. I certainly hope people who are new to cooking don't think it is OK to use metal on non-stick. I am so glad PC has that silicone whisk!

pampered.chris said:
I won't let my daughter learn to cook yet b/c I am so afraid she will ruin one of my pans, yet, she will sit at shows and correct me if I say the wrong thing or call an item by the wrong name and she'll give additional uses for almost every product. I think if there is anyone out there, I can trust her, but i am so paranoid with it!!

Just put any metal spatulas away...or threaten her with cleaning the kitchen floor with a toothbrush if she uses metal in your pans!! :D:eek:

This is why I prefer my pots to be stainless ... as opposed to my skillets.

I love Rachael, but you should not use her as a good example of how to treat your kitchen tools. She's a lot of fun, though.

There are some cookware out there that promotes using metal in them. You would never catch me doing that but I do see them all the time on the cooking shows.

It really bugs me, too. I feel like sending her an e-mail that says, hey, lady! Don't DO that! No wonder some of my customers look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them not to use metal in their cookware! :D

OK, the other thing she does that makes me cringe is when she is using her Santuko Knife, she uses it as a scraper too!! I was told never to do that, it ruins the blade of the knife, and if you are tempted, turn it over and use the top of the knife!!

Doesn't she have her own brand name of cookware now?
I used to really like her and watched her all the time, have many of her cookbooks, but tehy just over commercialized her and now I can't stand her :(

KellyTheChef said:
Just put any metal spatulas away...or threaten her with cleaning the kitchen floor with a toothbrush if she uses metal in your pans!! :D:eek:

LOL!! I love the idea!! She so wants to cook, but I am so afraid that something will happen that will void the warranty!! Good suggestions!!

KellyTheChef said:

My stepmom did this (the spatulas, not the tooth brush idea) when she got her cookware. She said my dad was notorious for using metal (forks, spoons, what ever was closest) in their old cookware and she didn't even want to take it out of the box until she got the good PC ones!

How about when the PC came out w/ the Executive Cookware and we were able to earn it free I was busting my a$$ to earn the cookware and my mother...yes MY MOTHER...went and bought Stainless Steel Cookware from another DS company b/c of the "pretty flowers" etched on the lids. I was so steamed!! Later on she said that she was afraid of how my dad would use it, I told her that it would have been nice for her to either wait until after I was done earning cookware or to at least have tried a peice or two to help me out. Ah well...I got all of it free...

Some hard-anodized cookware is not coated with a non-stick coating (like the Calphalon I used to have that we got for our wedding), so you can use a stainless-steel whisk in it. Most chefs don't like to use cookware with non-stick coating, so I would bet she wasn't using cooware that was non-stick.

merego said:
I used to really like her and watched her all the time, have many of her cookbooks, but tehy just over commercialized her and now I can't stand her :(

Have you seen the price of her cookware? :eek:

DessertDivaFL said:
Have you seen the price of her cookware? :eek:

Nothing of hers is affordable :(

Well I can forgive her. She featured our plastic outdoor utensil set in her MAGAZINE. How awesome! It's on pg 74 of the August issue. It's a great bargin for a family picnic! I'm a huge Rachel fan!

rennea said:
I see alot of cooks and chefs do this. When you don't have to pay for the cookware I think that you don't care!!

So is that why they use wood cutting blocks vs. ones like what PC sells?

merego said:

I've never cared for her- I have not liked the look of ONE thing she's made on any of her shows and I used to watch her all the time- in hopes that she'd grow on me. Sorry- but her food just doesn't appeal to me. I guess to each his own. Now I've made a TON of things that Giada DeLaurentis and Ina Garten, Bobby Flay and Alton Brown have made and have LOVED every one of them! :)

It bothers me that she uses her knife as a scraper as well. She'll be the first to admit she does not have a professional culinary background...I at least like that about her! :)

I watch her, but I get so annoyed everytime she says YUMMO! LOL I just want to reach through the T.V. and slap her. I have never made anything she has, but someone said every recipe of her that they tried was bland and needed things added.

Kitchen Diva said:
I've never cared for her- I have not liked the look of ONE thing she's made on any of her shows and I used to watch her all the time- in hopes that she'd grow on me. Sorry- but her food just doesn't appeal to me. I guess to each his own. Now I've made a TON of things that Giada DeLaurentis and Ina Garten, Bobby Flay and Alton Brown have made and have LOVED every one of them! :)

It bothers me that she uses her knife as a scraper as well. She'll be the first to admit she does not have a professional culinary background...I at least like that about her! :)

I can't stand Giada DeLaurentis, I so want to b*tch smack her:mad: I can't stand the way she says certain words in an Italian accent!! She seems so snobby to me. And Alton Brown just acts stupid!:rolleyes: Needless to say those are two shows on the food network that I refuse to watch.

chefshawna said:
I watch her, but I get so annoyed everytime she says YUMMO! LOL I just want to reach through the T.V. and slap her. I have never made anything she has, but someone said every recipe of her that they tried was bland and needed things added.

I've tried most of her recipes, she is pretty much what I make for dinner every night for myself and the kids and I think they are really good and easy. I have found some recipes bland but than I just add some more spice to it. My kids eat pretty much anything I put in front of them which has been a plus.

For those who have her magazine, is it worth it? DH hasn't liked any of the recipes I've tried that are hers and he thinks it's all recipes. What else is there in her magazine?

Kitchen Diva said:

I love a lot of the foods that Rachell makes. one of my favorites is her Italian Mac & Cheese. I CAN'T STAND INA GARTEN!!!! She drives me crazy, I do like some of the things that Giada makes I learn alot about different things from Alton Brown. I don't watch Bobby Flay much I will have to give him a try.

rennea said:
I can't stand Giada DeLaurentis, I so want to b*tch smack her:mad: I can't stand the way she says certain words in an Italian accent!! She seems so snobby to me. And Alton Brown just acts stupid!:rolleyes: Needless to say those are two shows on the food network that I refuse to watch.

HA HA HA, I about fell off the bed laughing at your comment :)
I like Sandra Lee-Semi Homemade, but come on... who can really make those tablescapes and decorate their kitchen to match the theme they are making that day. She does make yummy cocktails thought, I love cocktail time!! The Yummo with RR gets old and the YUMMO t-shirt is annoying. I have made alot of her stuff, some is really good, some not so good or easy and some not in 30 minutes.

wadesgirl said:
For those who have her magazine, is it worth it? DH hasn't liked any of the recipes I've tried that are hers and he thinks it's all recipes. What else is there in her magazine?

I do like her magazine and have gotten some good recipes. That is where I got the Bob Barker Price is Right Pasta Salad recipe that I LOVE. She had some great Thanksgiving recipes and I made her cranberry recipe for Thanksgiving that was easy and delicious. Her 7 day menu is odd, I have only found 1 or 2 days my family would eat, have never like all 7 days. Overall it is worth the money to subscribe.

unfortunately, the only show i watch with any consistency is the one that does not publish recipes - iron chef america. i have seen bits and pieces of others and offer the following:

rachel = too loud, altho i enjoyed her chefography
paula = sweet, genuine (at least to this yankee) but the food just does not appeal to me
ina = talks like she's stoned or on lots of medication
giada = she's playing a role, food looks good
bobby = does the macho chef schtick ok i guess
alton = geeky-cool, and i love to learn useless trivia

Cindycooks said:
in her non-stick cookware. She is beating it to death and it is making me cringe!!!

It's okay because her cookware sucks anyway. It seems to be of pretty cheap quality to me.

leftymac said:
It's okay because her cookware sucks anyway. It seems to be of pretty cheap quality to me.

Someone is hating on Racheal~ ha ha :)

merego said:
Someone is hating on Racheal~ ha ha :)

C'est moi! I hate what she's become. She used to be charming; now she's just annoying.

I actually saw her "garbage bowl" for sale the other day. Gimme a break! Cookware and knives, I can understand. But a garbage bowl? Just use a regular bowl!

Thank you Keith...I thought I was the only one who thought her garbage bowl was stupid. It is also very expensive. Who needs a special bowl to put scraps in?

I like RR but not as much as I use to. She is on too many shows. I can only stand to watch her for 30 minutes. I love Paula Deen and of course Emeril...although they both drink a little too much...and they lick their fingers when they are cooking. That is a bad habit. The health inspector should be freaking out. I would freak out if I saw one of the cooks in my restaurant licking their fingers...so not Yummo!! lol

There are quite a few "metal utensil safe" non stick. I have a set of hard anodized that is metal utensil safe also NSF (restuarant quality) and it is no problem. I use whisks, etc all the time.:)

OK...I have to chime in about FoodNetwork celebs!

Rachel = I used to LOVE her, but now she bugs me. Watching her facial expressions (which are overly dramatic) just kills me!

Paula = I still enjoy her Paula's Homecookin show, but I don't like Paula's Party AT ALL. Also...after she went around doing her "show" about a year ago I was not impressed by what I heard. First off, I checked prices and tickets were $75 a piece! Come on! Then...I heard that she swears like a trucker and is quite crude and made nasty sexual comments about everything. Since then, I haven't liked her quite so much...my image of her was tarnished by then...

Ina = I have to be in the right mood to want to watch her. However, any recipe that I have tried, I have really liked. Sometimes her food appeals to me, and sometimes it's a bit too "snooty" for me! I can't even imagine how much her meals cost to make in :sing::sing: The Hamptons! :sing::sing: Enough already...we know you are rich.

Giada = DH loves when she is on, he calls her the "booby chick" cuz every shirt she wears is tight AND low cut! She gets on my nerves about the Italian accent thing too! I have said that ever since her show started! How can she speak perfect ENGLISH till she comes to the word "ricotta" or "prosciutto" and then have to say those words in perfect ITALIAN accent? Either have an accent, or don't...but what she does sounds fake.

Bobby = Sometimes I like him, sometimes I LOVE him! Ever since I saw his "chefography" I have liked him even more. I LOVE his Throwdown show!!

Alton = I love him! But...his dramatic pauses and "uhs" are getting on my nerves. I know that part of that *is* him, but then I think he does it even more on his Good Eats show than he normally would. THAT gets on my nerves. Watching him on Iron Chef America, he doesn't act like that...so I know some of it is put on for the cameras. Stop already! I love learning the ins and outs of WHY stuff works, though...and a lot of the time it helps me to retain the knowledge he gives. He is a VERY GOOD teacher!

Guy = I was not so in love with his cooking show, but I LOVE his Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. He is such a fun personality! I think he would be fun to be around in real life.

Shows I DVR: Bobby Flay's Throwdown, Alton Brown's Good Eats, and Guy's DD&D, and the NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR....

I watch other shows sometimes, but those are the ones that I tape so I don't miss them!

BTW- Sorry, I think the original thread is completely hi-jacked!!

17.gif

leftymac said:
C'est moi! I hate what she's become. She used to be charming; now she's just annoying.

I actually saw her "garbage bowl" for sale the other day. Gimme a break! Cookware and knives, I can understand. But a garbage bowl? Just use a regular bowl!

oH i AGREE, I had posted earlier that she is way over commercialized and I used to like her but can't really stand her anymore. You can use any bowl as a garbage bowl or how about your garbage can??

KellyTheChef said:
OK...I have to chime in about FoodNetwork celebs!

Rachel = I used to LOVE her, but now she bugs me. Watching her facial expressions (which are overly dramatic) just kills me!

Paula = I still enjoy her Paula's Homecookin show, but I don't like Paula's Party AT ALL. Also...after she went around doing her "show" about a year ago I was not impressed by what I heard. First off, I checked prices and tickets were $75 a piece! Come on! Then...I heard that she swears like a trucker and is quite crude and made nasty sexual comments about everything. Since then, I haven't liked her quite so much...my image of her was tarnished by then...

Ina = I have to be in the right mood to want to watch her. However, any recipe that I have tried, I have really liked. Sometimes her food appeals to me, and sometimes it's a bit too "snooty" for me! I can't even imagine how much her meals cost to make in :sing::sing: The Hamptons! :sing::sing: Enough already...we know you are rich.

Giada = DH loves when she is on, he calls her the "booby chick" cuz every shirt she wears is tight AND low cut! She gets on my nerves about the Italian accent thing too! I have said that ever since her show started! How can she speak perfect ENGLISH till she comes to the word "ricotta" or "prosciutto" and then have to say those words in perfect ITALIAN accent? Either have an accent, or don't...but what she does sounds fake.

Bobby = Sometimes I like him, sometimes I LOVE him! Ever since I saw his "chefography" I have liked him even more. I LOVE his Throwdown show!!

Alton = I love him! But...his dramatic pauses and "uhs" are getting on my nerves. I know that part of that *is* him, but then I think he does it even more on his Good Eats show than he normally would. THAT gets on my nerves. Watching him on Iron Chef America, he doesn't act like that...so I know some of it is put on for the cameras. Stop already! I love learning the ins and outs of WHY stuff works, though...and a lot of the time it helps me to retain the knowledge he gives. He is a VERY GOOD teacher!

Guy = I was not so in love with his cooking show, but I LOVE his Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. He is such a fun personality! I think he would be fun to be around in real life.

Shows I DVR: Bobby Flay's Throwdown, Alton Brown's Good Eats, and Guy's DD&D, and the NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR....

I watch other shows sometimes, but those are the ones that I tape so I don't miss them!

HA HA Kelly, you are a HOOT :)

Okay - so I have to share my opinions now too ~!:rolleyes:Rachel Ray - Annoys me...always has.Giada - in addition to the bobbling back and forth with her accent as already discussed - I am suspicious of her. There is no way she actually eats all of that food and stays that thin. Have you actually ever seen her swallow anything? They always cut to a commercial or a shot of the food just as she takes a bite. My theory is that she is either not actually putting the food in her mouth, or she is spitting it back out.:pPaula Deen - she irritates me about as much as Rachel! She cooks and handles all of that food with those long fake fingernails - do you know how many germs and bacteria are harbored under those fingernails? And then she licks her fingers....it's just gross!:yuck: In the real world, as a chef, there is NO WAY you would be allowed around food with fingernails like that!Ina - I have gotten some great ideas and recipes from her, but she puts me to sleep.Bobby Flay - I LOVE Throwdown! That show is so much fun.....ALTON!!! - He is our Family FAVE! Even DS loves to watch Alton, and it is the only food show DH will watch (other than the one with the guy who travels and eats all of the gross foods - but that's on the Travel Channel)Guy - I love his Diners, Drive-In's, and Dives. Makes me want to travel the USA using all back roads!

Kelly & Becky; you crack me up!

I still love Rachel....not as much as I used to; don't always love her recipes (picky family), but love her concept & energy.

Ina puts me to sleep too! Never watch her.

Giada I do like; her recipes look yummy (don't have any of her books). My dh thinks she's hot.....I agree though Becky---does she eat???

I like to learn tips from Alton, but he's an odd duck, I usually can't sit through a whole show.

Love Paula, she's just a sweet southern lady....maybe with a little less butter! I dont' care for her party show either though.

Love Bobby too; I love to watch Throwdown.

Like someone else said, Guy's cooking show I don't like, but the DD & D's is fun. I'd love for him to visit my parents' cafe.

I do like Sandra Lee too; her concept is much like mine.....other than the table scapes! I never do that or cocktail time.

Oh, & it's not cooking, but baking; but I love Ace of Cakes too!

lacychef said:
Kelly & Becky; you crack me up!

I still love Rachel....not as much as I used to; don't always love her recipes (picky family), but love her concept & energy.

Ina puts me to sleep too! Never watch her.

Giada I do like; her recipes look yummy (don't have any of her books). My dh thinks she's hot.....I agree though Becky---does she eat???

I like to learn tips from Alton, but he's an odd duck, I usually can't sit through a whole show.

Love Paula, she's just a sweet southern lady....maybe with a little less butter! I dont' care for her party show either though.

Love Bobby too; I love to watch Throwdown.

Like someone else said, Guy's cooking show I don't like, but the DD & D's is fun. I'd love for him to visit my parents' cafe.

I do like Sandra Lee too; her concept is much like mine.....other than the table scapes! I never do that or cocktail time.

Oh, & it's not cooking, but baking; but I love Ace of Cakes too!

I love cocktail time :) I have made so many of her yummy cocktails and I have all her cookbooks. I agree, her cooking concept is easier than most but her tablescapes are insane. They are great if you have the time and money.

Giada must be bulimic, she is too skinny to be a chef. DH and Teenage DS thinks she is hot too.

She so wants to cook, but I am so afraid that something will happen that will void the warranty!! Good suggestions!!

My son scratched my Exec 8-inch "try me" skillet. After the beatings, he now knows not to use anything metal.

Joking aside, you could let her learn to cook in pieces that are open-stock like that, so if she does scratch it, you wouldn't need to get an entire set to replace the item.

And some folks have been interested in the stainless because they can't train family members to not use metal tools in the cookware.

ALTON!!! - He is our Family FAVE!
Same here....love how he peers into the refrigerator at us.

merego said:
I love cocktail time :) I have made so many of her yummy cocktails and I have all her cookbooks. I agree, her cooking concept is easier than most but her tablescapes are insane. They are great if you have the time and money.

Giada must be bulimic, she is too skinny to be a chef. DH and Teenage DS thinks she is hot too.

I think she's bulimic too!!!

Funny about the "hot" thing, my DH thinks she looks like an alien:p Have you ever seen someone have such a HUGE mouth on such a small head:eek::D

RR is over commercialized now. Used to love her now I hate her, not really hate but I will only watch her 30 min meals show.

Alton is a weirdo so I don't watch him imho

LOVE love Paula!! Southern Cooking is my type of cooking, and she may curse, drink etc but so what. I curse too big deal, imho

Giado has awesome recipes, love them I don't care bout the accent it's the fake smile that does me in.

Ina, love her recipes too, I don't think she is snobby at all but again that is my humble opinion.

Sandra Lee her stuff is cool to watch just never made any of it.

I LOVE and its my new fav show Down Home with the Neely's!!! Awesome Awesome!!

Bobby is ok

And that is my 2 cents. :eek:)

I love Diners Drive-ins and Dives. I love that we get to see into different types of places. I own a restaurant, so I enjoy seeing how everyone else works.

I have a friend who went to see Paula at Harrah's Casino and she said she talked very dirty and a lot of people left in the middle of the show. I don't think I have ever heard her talk like that before. My friend was shocked at her language.

Last edited:
have y'all read Paulas autobiography? I love her to death but I was pretty shocked at her describing her 10 year long affair with someone - in detail! I just did not expect that!

wadesgirl said:

I don't subscribe anymore as I can go on-line and get everything that way. You get video demos too.

rennea said:

I don't watch Giada much anymore- after what she said about Kelsey when she was a guest judge on FNS- it changed my attitude towards her- she is nothing but another Hollywood elitist. I met her too- she seemed very nice, but maybe it was just acting. I like that she pronounces things the way Italians pronounce them, mostly because I'm married to an Italian so it's nice for me to learn. However I can understand why she would drive you batty.

That's funny that you think Alton Brown is stupid. I think he's a riot, and I learn so much when he adds the humor and puppets to everything! LOL But we all can't like the same thing, or life would be as bland as one of RR's 30 minute meals! ;)

<h2>1. Can I use a metal whisk on non-stick cookware like Rachel Ray?</h2><p>Yes, you can use a metal whisk on non-stick cookware. However, it is important to use caution and not be too aggressive with the whisking, as it can potentially damage the non-stick coating over time.</p><h2>2. Will using a metal whisk on non-stick cookware ruin my pan?</h2><p>As mentioned before, using a metal whisk on non-stick cookware can potentially damage the coating over time. It is important to use gentle strokes and not apply too much pressure while whisking to help prevent this.</p><h2>3. What is the best type of whisk to use on non-stick cookware?</h2><p>Silicone or rubber whisks are a great alternative to metal whisks when using on non-stick cookware. They are gentle on the surface and less likely to cause damage.</p><h2>4. How can I prevent scratches on my non-stick cookware when using a metal whisk?</h2><p>To prevent scratches, it is important to use a light touch and avoid pressing down too hard while whisking. You can also try using a silicone or rubber whisk as an alternative.</p><h2>5. What should I do if my non-stick cookware is already scratched from using a metal whisk?</h2><p>If your non-stick cookware is already scratched from using a metal whisk, it is important to stop using the whisk immediately and switch to a silicone or rubber one. You can also contact the manufacturer for advice on how to best care for your specific cookware. </p>

1. Can I use a metal whisk on non-stick cookware like Rachel Ray?

Yes, you can use a metal whisk on non-stick cookware. However, it is important to use caution and not be too aggressive with the whisking, as it can potentially damage the non-stick coating over time.

2. Will using a metal whisk on non-stick cookware ruin my pan?

As mentioned before, using a metal whisk on non-stick cookware can potentially damage the coating over time. It is important to use gentle strokes and not apply too much pressure while whisking to help prevent this.

3. What is the best type of whisk to use on non-stick cookware?

Silicone or rubber whisks are a great alternative to metal whisks when using on non-stick cookware. They are gentle on the surface and less likely to cause damage.

4. How can I prevent scratches on my non-stick cookware when using a metal whisk?

To prevent scratches, it is important to use a light touch and avoid pressing down too hard while whisking. You can also try using a silicone or rubber whisk as an alternative.

5. What should I do if my non-stick cookware is already scratched from using a metal whisk?

If your non-stick cookware is already scratched from using a metal whisk, it is important to stop using the whisk immediately and switch to a silicone or rubber one. You can also contact the manufacturer for advice on how to best care for your specific cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies