• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quixtar: First-Hand Knowledge and the Truth Behind this Networking Opportunity

Independent Business Owners Success Guide, I read the reviews on Ripoff Reports, I started talking to people in my area, and I started building my own business. Quixtar is nothing like Amway. It's basicly a way to make a little extra money, and to network and learn more about business.I was doing a
yummy4tummy
I was doing a booth and this lady came up to me and started asking me about my PC business. Excited that someone approached me, I shared the opportunity with her. As she was asking probing questions I became more excited thinking that she was really interested...only to find out that she was only getting info to try to recruit me to this Quixtar thing. I was so deflated. I did check out the website (just for sheer curiosity) Anyone have first hand knowledge of this? I am not interested in joining but I was trying to figure out what it was...not sure if it was a networking thing or what.

Quixtar is the internet version of Amway. I have been involved in both before..

yummy4tummy said:
I was doing a booth and this lady came up to me and started asking me about my PC business. Excited that someone approached me, I shared the opportunity with her. As she was asking probing questions I became more excited thinking that she was really interested...only to find out that she was only getting info to try to recruit me to this Quixtar thing. I was so deflated. I did check out the website (just for sheer curiosity) Anyone have first hand knowledge of this? I am not interested in joining but I was trying to figure out what it was...not sure if it was a networking thing or what.

Its a multi level marketing company... I have been involved with it before..... IT really isn't not worth it ... they want you to build this team to get rich quick and... etc etc.. it is basicly Amway !!!

Thanks, well that answers my question. My bro & SIL did Amway years ago...not something that would ever interest me.

Quixtar is Amway. An MLM company with a get rich quick focus.

Isn't that him on the right? (That's Baba Louie on the left.)
http://www.toontracker.com/huck/quick%20draw-004.jpg

I like some things that Quixtar has to sell like their makeup and the brand of energy drinks. They are really PUSHY when comes to going to there meetings buying peoples motivational tapes and so on. My Aunt is a IBO for them and she like the company, I signed under her so that I could get the discounts that they offer (Ok so it really bothered me knowing how much she made off me). They make money off of what they sell and then they do a weird PV/BV point thing that adds up to nothing in the long run unless you have a lot of people underneath you and you purchase everything that you need for your house from them; but they are exspensive compared to your regular store. My mom had also signed up for the Quixtar thing but her lack of success made my aunt mad at mom and essentially they stopped talking to each other for about a year because my mom was not as pushy as she needed to be to be successfull.

That is a really sad story... and just reminds me of how much I love PC!

I have a friend that is involved with a MLM company too called Prepaid legal same concept of get rich quick... she was trying to get me and my DH interested in signing up..... I asked a few questions.. to go to meetings get this you have to pay to attend them... if they have a training you have to pay for it!!! UH I get free training from PC and that is one of the many reasons I love PC!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Isn't that him on the right? (That's Baba Louie on the left.)
http://www.toontracker.com/huck/quick%20draw-004.jpg
Sounds like this deal is more like Quick Draw's alter ego - El Kabong!

Here is my Quixtar story......First, some background - Quixtar IS Amway....no matter what they may tell you when they try to recruit you! So is Alticor, and Team Destiny, and many other aliases that people go by trying to rope you in w/o using the name "amway".I live in the Grand Rapids MI area......home of Amway. I have found Amway to be the #1 issue when recruiting. Everyone here is so afraid that PC "Will be just like Amway". Meaning pushy, expensive, and a pipe dream for most. I know people who have actually gone into bankruptcy trying to fund their "dream" of Amway. I have also lost some good friends to Amway - they get so wrapped up
(brainwashed) in chasing their dream, that if you won't sign up or get sucked in yourself, then they have no time or use for you anymore.
My SD has been doing mentoring w/ Julie Weitz, and she was telling me that when they first started their mentoring program, she mentioned the whole Amway issue to Julie. Julie told her it was something she just needed to deal with - like it was no big deal.
HOWEVER - after working with her for several months, Julie brought it up again and apologized. She told my SD that the more she worked with people in the West MI area, the more she realized that it truly is a major issue in this area, and something that has to be addressed separately as hurdle that must be overcome.The owners of Amway (the DeVos's & the VanAndels) have done so many wonderful things for the area......they have given money back to the community in the form of downtown restoration, the Arts, Convention Center, Medical advances (my son is healthy today because of the DeVos Childrens Hospital)and many other ways.....so here it is a Love/Hate relationship. Love what the money has done to make this such a nice place to live.....but hate what the reputation of the company has done for my business personally.ETA: I cringe every time I hear the phrase "Sell the Dream"....because that is SO Amway! That is all they talk about - they never talk about selling a product or how great the products are - ONLY about selling "The Dream". I will NEVER use that phraseology when talking about PC w/ people......I try to talk about how this is a great JOB. One of the best quotes I heard in the Cooking Show Live I attended was "My hours are flexible.....not optional, but flexible."
Amway is marketed as a "In Five Years,You Can Retire and Live Your Dream" business.....I don't want people to think that is the case w/PC.

Last edited:
I volunteer for a cancer foundation and we raise money to directly fund research done at the VanAndel Institute. The institute does amazing work for cancer research and they are very dedicated. Sometimes the good goes with the bad...

I've never heard of Quixtar, I didn't even know all that information about Amway. I know what Amway is, but it's not a big deal around here.

Yes, Amway money has done lots of good for GR (including some major building campaigns at my alma mater), but I would run far, far away.

The folks I knew in college that got into Amway were NOT the people I wanted to hang around. Their personality totally changed and it was not nice.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, Amway money has done lots of good for GR (including some major building campaigns at my alma mater), but I would run far, far away.

The folks I knew in college that got into Amway were NOT the people I wanted to hang around. Their personality totally changed and it was not nice.

Deb - how funny! One of the first things that came to my mind when I opened this thread was "RUN! RUN FAST!"

Sounds like you have had some of the same experiences I have had.....it's so sad! :(

The most alarming thing at NC, for me anyway, about the Live Your Dream campaign is the emphasis they were placing on recruiting. That sounds very Amway'ish to me. Even 35 years ago, the whole Amway message was "Recruit, recruit, recruit." I sincerely doubt that many members can even tell you what the product line is.

hmmm... I must have been in a group with decent upline. DH and I just let our Quixtar IBO-ship lapse at the end of 2006. Back when we were more active with it, we did see some of the aggressiveness about recruiting that has been mentioned, but not to the point of ridiculousness. Of course, that may be why most of the group under our Direct has disappeared. ;)

If you find an IBO who will leave you alone (recruiting-wise), the products are THE BEST! DH always got comments on how clean his teeth were from using Glister. I've got one open box of the laundry detergent at home (SA-8) and will be sad when it's gone.

I was always a fan of the products - many of which are probably gone now. I was a fan of SA8, I smiled when I saw the bottle of L.O.C. in your home, and I remember Zoom being available before most of the mainstream makers had a similar product.Of course, except for TPC lemon liquid soap and hand cream in my kitchen, I use a lot of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap now.

chefann said:
hmmm... I must have been in a group with decent upline. DH and I just let our Quixtar IBO-ship lapse at the end of 2006. Back when we were more active with it, we did see some of the aggressiveness about recruiting that has been mentioned, but not to the point of ridiculousness. Of course, that may be why most of the group under our Direct has disappeared. ;)

If you find an IBO who will leave you alone (recruiting-wise), the products are THE BEST! DH always got comments on how clean his teeth were from using Glister. I've got one open box of the laundry detergent at home (SA-8) and will be sad when it's gone.

I agree with the products being very good - DH was a "distributor" when we met - he did it just for the personal discount. He let his lapse just a couple yrs ago.
HOWEVER - I have NEVER - NOT ONCE - had anyone offer to sell me products of any kind! BUT I have had many many many people try to recruit me - from strangers who met me on the street, and said "You know, you seem like someone who would do well owning their own business", to old friends I hadn't heard from in years calling me up and saying "Hey, I was just thinking of you - lets get together so we can catch up, and I can tell you what's going on in my life...." (Those are the ones I find most offensive.)

I do an additional home based business. Apparently it is like Amyway products but not with the same personality! It is very laid back and noone pushes you. They just keep throwing amazing incentives at your feet so you want to do good. I don't HAVE TO go to any meetings. I just got my second order in and the products are amazing!! But I have heard alot of bad things about Amway, which is hurting me with the products I promote. I don't sell, I just promote the company and get paid for the referrals!

ChefBeckyD said:
...to old friends I hadn't heard from in years calling me up and saying "Hey, I was just thinking of you - lets get together so we can catch up, and I can tell you what's going on in my life...." (Those are the ones I find most offensive.)
That's like getting mugged in a dark alley, isn't it?

Weird!! On my way home from NC, the guy I sat next to saw me reading my CN. Well, he said that he sells Quixtar and asked if I ever heard of it. Well, he lives in the same town as me and really tried selling me on it. I told him that since I was a director w/PC I couldn't sell any other company's items. He was disappointed and wanted me to convert totally over to him. RUDE!!!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I was always a fan of the products - many of which are probably gone now. I was a fan of SA8, I smiled when I saw the bottle of L.O.C. in your home, and I remember Zoom being available before most of the mainstream makers had a similar product.
As of the end of 2006, most of the core product line was still intact. A lot of additions (especially to the Nutrilite vitamins/supplements and the Artistry skin care/cosmetics), but the core household items were basically the same.

When we were active (1993-1997), our group did encourage recruiting, but there was also a very large emphasis on using all of the products in your own home. When we started, there was no drop-shipping, so we had to drive to our sponsor's (that term always did remind me of AA) house to pick up our weekly order after they picked it up from their sponsor, etc, etc. The big push was to do 100 PV (points) every month - which was anywhere from $200-$500 inproducts, depending on what you were buying. With just two of us at home, it was a little hard to do that every month (you can only take so many vitamins, use so much laundry soap and go through so much cleaning fluids).

I was involved in Amway when Quixtar was introduced. I think the founders of the company had a great idea but the people that were implementing the idea perverted it. They have excellent products but my experience with PC has been so much better. I never sposoered anyone or had hardly and sales from Amway and with PC I have recrutied 4 so far and have over 20K in sales. I get lots of free training - The upline in Amway (emeralds and above) got residuals on how many books, tapes and functions were purchased/attended. I like that I have a free cluster meeting once a month - On a rare occasion there may be a small fee like $5 for a local training meeting and two big conference a year

O.K. Can anyone tell me about Melaleuca?????

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That's like getting mugged in a dark alley, isn't it?

Especially when you tell them you aren't interested, and they abruptly end the "reunion" and then you never hear from then again......it's happened more than once. Like it's part of the training to do it that way?
Some friends, huh?

ChefBeckyD said:
Especially when you tell them you aren't interested, and they abruptly end the "reunion" and then you never hear from then again......it's happened more than once. Like it's part of the training to do it that way?
Some friends, huh?

Yes, I have a friend here who won't go to PC parties because she only gets invited to those and never to take the kids to the park with those people.

(She made it clear, no reflection on me, she may come to mine if I host, just not to most people who invite her.)

chefann said:
As of the end of 2006, most of the core product line was still intact. A lot of additions (especially to the Nutrilite vitamins/supplements and the Artistry skin care/cosmetics), but the core household items were basically the same.

When we were active (1993-1997), our group did encourage recruiting, but there was also a very large emphasis on using all of the products in your own home. When we started, there was no drop-shipping, so we had to drive to our sponsor's (that term always did remind me of AA) house to pick up our weekly order after they picked it up from their sponsor, etc, etc. The big push was to do 100 PV (points) every month - which was anywhere from $200-$500 inproducts, depending on what you were buying. With just two of us at home, it was a little hard to do that every month (you can only take so many vitamins, use so much laundry soap and go through so much cleaning fluids).
I was part of it about the time they were buying Nutrilite - wow, if that doesn't date me, I don't know what else will. Even then, it was a very, very expensive program to get on and I doubt it has gotten much more reasonable.

I know someone now who is building an entire business around Nutrilite but he seems very reluctant to talk to me about it. I think he's making a conscious effort to not talk to his friends about it but at the same time, I can't talk about TPC with him, either. It's all very uncomfortable for both of us to get together much anymore.

I saw a Dateline or 60 minutes or some show like that about Quixtar and they were saying how the upper people in the company were getting rich was off of the training tapes and not the product. I'm going to go and see if I can find it on the internet.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I was always a fan of the products - many of which are probably gone now. I was a fan of SA8, I smiled when I saw the bottle of L.O.C. in your home, and I remember Zoom being available before most of the mainstream makers had a similar product.

Of course, except for TPC lemon liquid soap and hand cream in my kitchen, I use a lot of Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap now.

Dr. Bronners for the win. That stuff is AMAZING!!! Smells incredible as well. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The most alarming thing at NC, for me anyway, about the Live Your Dream campaign is the emphasis they were placing on recruiting.

That sounds very Amway'ish to me. Even 35 years ago, the whole Amway message was "Recruit, recruit, recruit." I sincerely doubt that many members can even tell you what the product line is.

Know what? I was thinking that to myself too...conference pumps me up a bit, but it was only when I saw the cookware and wanted it.

The rest of the time, I kept thinking something was wrong with me because I wasn't ga-ga-goo-goo over the whole thing. It wasn't THAT entertaining...
Of course, I never has a movie star poster on my wall or all that stuff...I was a serious kid...

I joined PC because it could be at your own pace and in your own time...not a MLM...however, you can't earn a trip UNLESS you recruit at least one person... But, I still love PC and am excited about it...

One of Dr. Bronner's sons is a friend of mine and lives nearby. Thanks to him, I've gotten a chance to try every one of the products - one is more amazing than the next.My favorites are probably peppermint, teatree and SolSuds.

You don't have to recruit anyone to earn a trip -- you just have to sell your pants off. :)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
One of Dr. Bronner's sons is a friend of mine and lives nearby. Thanks to him, I've gotten a chance to try every one of the products - one is more amazing than the next.

My favorites are probably peppermint, teatree and SolSuds.

Ohhhh I am so jelaous!! All I have been able to find around here is the Peppermint. I am going to have to see if they show other items for sale on their website or something. The Teatree would be something I'm very interested in....

Wow they interveiw was a flash back - I huge part of my upline had tried to work with higher ups to help more of the downline get part of the residuals from the books and other materials then the powers that be back out - A bunch of diamonds and other high pins quit the business - They were trying to make it more helpful for their downline and the pulled the rug out from under them - They might be the ones involved in the lawsuit. Several moved over or started a new business with the same type of model but I never had much success but they sure got you motivated.

Melaleuca products are great...much better than Amway.

My husband did the Amway thing years ago. One of his sisters was all excited about it. She talked him into it. People from New York came to our house to talk to us and a group of our friends. We live in SE OK, I am sure they were not impressed with us...LOL. Anyway, they pushed the tapes and stuff. We signed to use the products. I loved them and used them faithfully. But they said they would rather us spend our money on training materials...Hello, you had to buy so much each month and training materials didn't count. My husband didn't last long in the business, although I kept ordering for awhile after he gave it up so I could use their make-up. When it was all said and done what I learned was...If you are at the top and have a ton of people working in your downline, you make a lot of money. If you are at the bottom or middle, you don't make anything.

Shawnna said:
Melaleuca products are great...much better than Amway.

My husband did the Amway thing years ago. One of his sisters was all excited about it. She talked him into it. People from New York came to our house to talk to us and a group of our friends. We live in SE OK, I am sure they were not impressed with us...LOL. Anyway, they pushed the tapes and stuff. We signed to use the products. I loved them and used them faithfully. But they said they would rather us spend our money on training materials...Hello, you had to buy so much each month and training materials didn't count. My husband didn't last long in the business, although I kept ordering for awhile after he gave it up so I could use their make-up. When it was all said and done what I learned was...If you are at the top and have a ton of people working in your downline, you make a lot of money. If you are at the bottom or middle, you don't make anything.

YUP that is what happend to me too!! AND if you don't do anything with your business you suddenly do not have any friends like you did when you started it!!

I lost a recruit to Quixtar because she doesn't have to leave the house. It kills me because she was soooo interested and I kept in touch with her and then she drops that bomb on me.

Kathytnt said:
O.K. Can anyone tell me about Melaleuca?????

Melaleuca has wonderful products. I tried to do it as a business for a while- and have some cautions....... Melaleuca teaches you to grow your business either through warm market or cold market. That means your friends (warm) or buying leads (cold) I lost ALOT of money (and time) buying leads. I followed up with them- but without personal relationships and personal connections it is really hard to get them to sign up- or even stay. Unlike Pampered Chef- where you are selling products, with Melaleuca you are selling a comitment to spend 35 product points (about $60) every month with Melaleuca. If you don't order 35 points- they will autoship an order and charge your cc. Not everyone is comfortable making that commitment. Their products are great though- and that's why I'm a memeber. Their products are less expensive than most brands- and are def. superior- it's just that you HAVE to switch your whole house.

Thank God for PC!

yummybytes said:
Dr. Bronners for the win. That stuff is AMAZING!!! Smells incredible as well. :)
(HIJACK - Actually just an interruption.) Johnny Depp is so hot! 21 Jump Street was my favorite show when I was a kid. Did you just change your picture, or have I just not been paying attention?

Now back to reading the rest of this thread.

janetupnorth said:
Know what? I was thinking that to myself too...conference pumps me up a bit, but it was only when I saw the cookware and wanted it.

The rest of the time, I kept thinking something was wrong with me because I wasn't ga-ga-goo-goo over the whole thing. It wasn't THAT entertaining...
Of course, I never has a movie star poster on my wall or all that stuff...I was a serious kid...

I joined PC because it could be at your own pace and in your own time...not a MLM...however, you can't earn a trip UNLESS you recruit at least one person... But, I still love PC and am excited about it...

OMG!!! That sounds exactly like me... especially the "serious kid" part.

I really haven't like the emphasis PC has put on recruiting, but at the same time I know that I don't have to recruit if I don't want to... My Life, My Way!

AJPratt said:
I lost a recruit to Quixtar because she doesn't have to leave the house. It kills me because she was soooo interested and I kept in touch with her and then she drops that bomb on me.

I was going to say continue to keep in touch with her, because eventually she will realize that Quixtar is not what it claims to be....but the problem is that by the time people realize it, they are so disillusioned, they don't want to try any direct sales......

She still likes the products, so I will send her flyers and other info. I do believe that this is a much better opportunity. She said that her husband's main concern is her being out at night, because he works a second job at night and no one will be home with the kids. Normally, I would have explored that further but after the bomb she dropped, I was speechless.

Related to Quixtar: First-Hand Knowledge and the Truth Behind this Networking Opportunity

1. What is Quixtar?

Quixtar is a multi-level marketing company founded in 1999, and is a division of Alticor, the parent company of Amway.

2. Is Quixtar a legitimate business opportunity?

Quixtar has faced criticism and legal issues in the past, but it is a legitimate business opportunity that operates using a multi-level marketing structure.

3. How does Quixtar work?

Quixtar operates by selling products through a network of independent business owners, who earn commissions on their sales and the sales of those they recruit to join the company.

4. Can I make a lot of money with Quixtar?

As with any business opportunity, success with Quixtar depends on several factors such as dedication, hard work, and the ability to effectively market and sell products. Some individuals have achieved success with Quixtar, while others have not.

5. Is Quixtar similar to Pampered Chef?

While both companies operate through a network of independent business owners who sell products, they are not the same company. Pampered Chef focuses on kitchen and cooking products, while Quixtar offers a wider range of products, including health and wellness, home care, and personal care items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • Kathytnt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefcharity
  • cookin to the top
  • General Chat
Replies