• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Quick...who Makes Our Cookware?

In summary, the conversation revolved around trying to determine the manufacturer of the cookware used by the group. The non-stick coating was confirmed to be Dupont Autograph IIPC, but the manufacturing sources are not disclosed for legal and copyright protection reasons. The quality of the product is more important than who manufactures it. The best resource for this information is CC. There were also discussions about outsourcing and the safety of the non-stick coating. One person shared a letter from PC regarding the safety of Teflon and another mentioned that Meyer produces one of the lines. It was also mentioned that Microplane is made in the USA. Overall, there was some confusion and humor surrounding the conversation due to a chain email circulating about outsourcing.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
I would be posting this on CS, but it is down right now. Do any of you know who makes our cookware? I know it is made in Thiland yada yada yada, but is it made by Dupont? I have looked all over the place for this answer and need to know by Tuesday night if possible. One of my hosts will not buy it unless she knows who makes it. Long story there.

The non-stick coating is Dupont Autograph II

PC doesn't release its manufacturing sources (other than a few items such as our microplane item...since microplane is trademarked). This is true of other major distributors as well (Kitchen-Aid, Martha Stewart, etc). There are tremendous legal and copyright protection issues involved. In terms of quality, where or who manufactures a product is less important than the standards to which a product is produced (thank goodness PC values it reputation for quality so much!). Many of the actual manufacturers are companies you or I have never heard of with wierd names like Acme Metallugic Industries (made that up).

She obviously has cookware from somewhere right now. Does she know where her current pieces were made?

The best resource for this information is CC! I have a use and care card for the Executive 1.5 qt covered sauce pan. It is made in China (also the use and care card is printed in China.)

I am sure she is responding to an chain e-mail circulating right now with the theme of...if we don't buy products from companies that have outsourced then we can solve the unemployment and economic problems we have. What people fail to realize it that we are more of a global economy. And also, the price of the product would greatly increase if it were made in the USA.

Recently, IBM laid off several of it's workers. To "help" their employees, they would help them relocate to another IBM factory....in any country. The pay would be considerably less, but IBM would pay your moving expenses, etc.

Also, ask her were any other pans, etc. are made...I would be curious to find out what she finds, what the quality is and what the price is.

She also has bit into the nonstick coating killing birds, etc. I believe that Dupont has a patent on all nonstick coating. I know there is information on Dupont's website addressing this.

Below is a letter from PC regarding Teflon/Dupont coating being harmful. I keep a copy in my show binder just for those in fear of the bird dying scare. This doesn't answer who makes our cookware but it can help with issues of safety concern. Just thought I would share.

EXECUFLASH
One Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL 60101-5630

Dear Executive Director,

I would like to address an issue that has appeared in the news recently regarding an agent used in the manufacture of Teflon®. The issue raised in the media relates to emissions from the manufacturing process at DuPont facilities, not to products with a Teflon® coating, like cookware.

Earlier this week Dupont pledged its commitment to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to eliminate the emissions of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) from its Teflon® manufacturing facilities by 2015. Yesterday it was reported by the Chicago Tribune and other news agencies that both the EPA and Dupont agreed that consumers who use cookware with Teflon® coating can be confident that the products are safe to use.

On its website, Dupont reports that rigorous scientific testing has shown that PFOA is not released from Teflon® non-stick cookware even under some extreme cooking conditions. According to DuPont, studies show that even when cookware coated with Teflon® was scratched with a knife, no PFOA was detected under typical consumer use conditions.

We encourage you and your customers to continue using Pampered Chef Cookware with confidence. If you have any questions or would like more information, please refer to DuPont’s Web site @ www.DuPont.com or www.Teflon.com.

Please feel free to share this with your downlines.

Thank you,

Rich Hlava
Senior Vice President, Operations

I know for a fact that Meyer produces one of our lines, but I don't remember which one it is.

I did see that the Microplane is made in the USA.

No...it didn't have anything to do with the country or non-stick coating. She used to work for a cookware manufacturer and wanted to know which one made ours. This woman is really strange to begin with so it comes as no surprise to me that she is making a big deal about finding out.

I checked on CC before I looked here. Thanks for the info here.

That is sort of funny. With the chain e-mails circulating, you never know what is in someone's head!

baychef said:
That is sort of funny. With the chain e-mails circulating, you never know what is in someone's head!

Oh I know! I have gotten most of those chain emails and just roll my eyes.:rolleyes: I hate hearing about that stuff when I do my parties! This lady was just a little bit strange though.

Have you contacted HO to see what they tell you?

Chef Kearns said:
Have you contacted HO to see what they tell you?

Well I tried but haven't been even been able to get a call back from HO. Things have been so crazy there with that whole debit card incident! It's not a big deal. The lady ended up using her 60% off to get the 8" saute pan after she swore to me she wouldn't unless she knew who made it. :rolleyes:

Christ Follower said:
Well I tried but haven't been even been able to get a call back from HO. Things have been so crazy there with that whole debit card incident! It's not a big deal. The lady ended up using her 60% off to get the 8" saute pan after she swore to me she wouldn't unless she knew who made it. :rolleyes:

Too funny!!!! Keep us posted on how she likes it!!!:chef:

Related to Quick...who Makes Our Cookware?

1. Who makes Pampered Chef cookware?

Pampered Chef cookware is manufactured by a company called Meyer Corporation, which is based in Vallejo, California.

2. Is Pampered Chef cookware made in the USA?

Yes, Pampered Chef cookware is proudly made in the USA. The company works closely with Meyer Corporation to ensure high quality and standards.

3. What materials are used to make Pampered Chef cookware?

Pampered Chef cookware is made from a variety of materials including stainless steel, aluminum, and non-stick coatings. Each piece is carefully crafted to provide optimal cooking performance.

4. Is Pampered Chef cookware dishwasher safe?

Most Pampered Chef cookware is dishwasher safe, but it is always recommended to check the specific care instructions for each piece. Some items may require hand washing to maintain their quality and longevity.

5. Are there any warranties for Pampered Chef cookware?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty for all of their cookware products. This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship, and the company will replace or repair any defective item.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • Gagescorpages