• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware Safety Concerns: What Can I Tell My Host?

In summary, the cookware was purchased by the host and she is now afraid to use it. The host looked on Dupont's website and found information that comforted her little bit, but she is still afraid. The host tried to call HO but they wanted her to leave a message for them to get back with her in 2 or 3 days. The host found the information that everyone has posted, but the host is still uneasy. If nothing else, the host will just steal the cookware from the host's friend.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have a host who purchased the cookware and now she is freaking out and is afraid to use is because she is afraid that she is going to kill her bird. I looked on Dupont's webiste and showed her what it said. She didn't seem to be comforted much because it came from the company itself.
I don't know what to tell her. Any suggestions?????

krzymomof4 said:
I have a host who purchased the cookware and now she is freaking out and is afraid to use is because she is afraid that she is going to kill her bird. I looked on Dupont's webiste and showed her what it said. She didn't seem to be comforted much because it came from the company itself.
I don't know what to tell her. Any suggestions?????

Call HO and see if they have any files, information or press release for her...I'm sure they've had the question before.

She just has to keep the heat down and she'll be fine.

Also, be sure that she never heats the pan without anything in it, that's when it would give off any vapors that could be harmful.

I did try to call HO, but they wanted me to leave a message for them to get back with me in 2 or 3 days.
I did find the info that everyone has posted, but she is still uneasy. I thought in the back of my head "I'll take it off your hands". The cookware, not the bird:D

People are so funny when they get an idea in their minds. Extremes are always given to cover the company. That usually creates unneccessary panic!

It's just when you have the pan on with nothing in it, right?

Any harmful fumes are released when the pan is overheated. Making sure she follows the use and care and never uses the pan on anything higher than med-high will help. So will always adding SOMETHING to the pan. When I put mine on the stove, I spray them with a little oil as they're preheating. The oil will start to smoke before the pan gets to the danger zone. The oil also absorbs some of the heat, keeping the temp of the pan a few degrees lower.I've got 2 parrots and would never risk their lives by cooking with something I thought was a threat. It's just important to follow the guidelines.Also- don't cook with the birds in the kitchen. There are a lot of other fumes and particulates thrown around when cooking. It's not a safe place for a bird to be.

Thanks for all the advice. Does anyone know if there is stuff in the use and care instructions about this?
If nothing else I will just steal her cookware;)

I believe there is something. And there'd be more detailed info in the PIG pages on CC.

1. What materials are considered safe for cookware?

The safest materials for cookware are stainless steel, cast iron, ceramic, and glass. These materials are non-toxic and do not leach harmful chemicals into your food.

2. Is non-stick cookware safe to use?

Non-stick cookware can be safe if it is made with high-quality materials and is not scratched or damaged. Look for non-toxic options such as ceramic or titanium coatings instead of traditional Teflon.

3. How do I know if my cookware is leaching chemicals into my food?

If you notice a metallic taste or discoloration in your food, it could be a sign that your cookware is leaching chemicals. Additionally, if your cookware is scratched or damaged, it may be time to replace it to avoid potential leaching.

4. Are there any specific precautions I should take when using cookware?

To ensure safety when using cookware, always follow the manufacturer's instructions and avoid using metal utensils on non-stick surfaces. It is also important to never leave cookware unattended on high heat and to use proper oven mitts when handling hot pots and pans.

5. Is it safe to use old or hand-me-down cookware?

It is generally not recommended to use old or hand-me-down cookware, as it may be made with outdated materials that could be harmful. It is best to invest in new, high-quality cookware to ensure the safety and quality of your meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Jennie4PC