• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick-Stir Margaritas Recipe Requested: Answers Wanted!

I was thinking that margaritas go good with everything!You guys are killing me!! These margaritas are my FAVORITE and not to sound like a lush but they are the thing I miss most durning this pregnancy!!! So if you are making them soon, PLEASE have one for me!! atI am making them the same way Deb made them & I am adding limes and some fresh squeezed lime juice to the pitcher too....they are soooo good!
frozenchef
Gold Member
So I thought I had posted this question somewhere, but now I can't remember where to see if anyone replied (yes, I know I should subscribe to the thread).

Anyways, does any have the recipe for Quick-Stir Margaritas? An upcoming host made a request for them.

These are my fav:Slap Your Mama Margaritas2 cans 7 - up
1 12 oz. can frozen limeade
8 oz tequila
1 bottle Corona beer
(no substitutes)Just dump everything into the QUICK STIR PITCHER
and plunge. To make it even “slushier”, freeze the 7-up, beer and tequila ahead of time.

MargaritasOh! I love it! Now I have two quick-stir pitchers so I was hoping to also do maybe strawberry or raspberry (my favorite!) margaritas as well...

The lemon-lime version of the Cran-Raspberry Fizz tastes a lot like a margarita, especially if you add tequila to it.

DebbieJ said:
These are my fav:

Slap Your Mama Margaritas

2 cans 7 - up
1 12 oz. can frozen limeade
8 oz tequila
1 bottle Corona beer
(no substitutes)

Just dump everything into the QUICK STIR PITCHER
and plunge. To make it even “slushier”, freeze the 7-up, beer and tequila ahead of time.

Not to sound like a TOTAL dummy but...do you thaw the frozen limeade before adding to the QSP? :confused: (This weekend will be my first time ever demonstrating a drink in the QSP!)

Thanks!

I take it out when I get to the host's house so it's kind of slushy by the time we make the drink. It's not necessary to totally thaw it b/c the other liquids plus the action of the plunger will help break it down. You want slush.

bridgetbakes said:
Not to sound like a TOTAL dummy but...do you thaw the frozen limeade before adding to the QSP? :confused: (This weekend will be my first time ever demonstrating a drink in the QSP!)

Thanks!
No. The best feature of the QSP is that it breaks up frozen juices really quickly (even orange juice).

Thanks Ladies!!!

Hmmm..., I wonder if I should make this recipe at home first to "try it out." :angel: Tee-hee!

I have made these margaritas many times....I would suggest to add the Corona last though. It tends to foam a lot when added in with the other ingredients. So add everything else together, plunge then add Corona and then slowly plunge again.

bridgetbakes said:
Thanks Ladies!!!

Hmmm..., I wonder if I should make this recipe at home first to "try it out." :angel: Tee-hee!

Well if you do - make sure to invite the rest of us!!! I will bring the salsa and chips!!! ;)

Anyone have a recipe that does NOT contain beer? (I am still looking for a version with alcohol, just not beer.)

KellyTheChef said:
Anyone have a recipe that does NOT contain beer? (I am still looking for a version with alcohol, just not beer.)

I usually make mine from the Margarita Mix sold in Costco - add my tequila and some triple sec - You can add some fresh lime juice also using the citrus press -

KellyTheChef said:

Oh, my goodness you have to try this one! I know it sounds crazy but it is fabulous! I actually posted the recipe a Long, long time ago on here. I got it from my friend Duska from San Antonio and they are some of the best Margaritas!!!!

I can't wait to get home and try that recipe! Sounds fun! I have a chocolate show with a good friend coming up and she loves margaritas... does chocolate go good with margaritas?

BethCooks4U said:
I can't wait to get home and try that recipe! Sounds fun! I have a chocolate show with a good friend coming up and she loves margaritas... does chocolate go good with margaritas?

Chocolate goes with everything doesn't it???:D :D :D :love: :love: :love:

fruit76loop said:
:rolleyes: DUH! OF COURSE!:love:

I make the same recipe as Deb but I don't put in the 7-up.. just corona, limeade and tequila. YUMMMMMMMMMM!

RecipeWhat's the recipe?

fruit76loop said:
Oh, my goodness you have to try this one! I know it sounds crazy but it is fabulous! I actually posted the recipe a Long, long time ago on here. I got it from my friend Duska from San Antonio and they are some of the best Margaritas!!!!

fruit76loop said:

BethCooks4U said:
:rolleyes: DUH! OF COURSE!:love:

I was thinking that margaritas go good with everything!

You guys are killing me!! These margaritas are my FAVORITE and not to sound like a lush but they are the thing I miss most durning this pregnancy!!!
So if you are making them soon, PLEASE have one for me!!

I make these alot at shows and they are a hit, in fact once I found out I was expecting I told my hosts that if I can't have a margarita neither can they, just kidding :)

Enjoy 'em!!

Kelly~how come you can't put beer in? Just curious...

frozenchef said:
What's the recipe?

The same one that's listed in this post. Sorry I wasn't clear about that!!:D

I always have made the one my director makes... it's easy... and no beer...

1 12 oz can frozen limeade
1 12 oz can frozen lemonade
12 oz tequila
1 2-liter bottle of DIET lemon-lime soda, any kind
lots of ice

Put the frozen concentrates (should be mostly thawed or at least soft-ish) into the Family size QSP. Add the tequila and use the plunger to mix it up well. Add ice to fill about half the pitcher. SLOWLY add the entire bottle of diet soda. Plunge to mix.

People really like this recipe, and I've eliminated the tequila lots of times if the host doesn't want alcohol for whatever reason. The most frequent question I get is why DIET soda... it's because if you use regular soda the mixture becomes too sweet. My Director calls these Easy Mexican Margaritas... and I almost always pair this with a Chicken Enchilada Ring, which is probably my favorite demo recipe of all time. =)

=) Jen

Hmmmmmm... I'm thinking a Jimmy Buffett theme fresh with Cheeseburgers and everything would be great. ;)

vtodd71 - that is an awesome idea!!!

pckrissy said:
Kelly~how come you can't put beer in? Just curious...

I just HATE the taste of beer!! No other reason!;)

I'm with ya Kelly! :)

jenm42 said:
I always have made the one my director makes... it's easy... and no beer...

1 12 oz can frozen limeade
1 12 oz can frozen lemonade
12 oz tequila
1 2-liter bottle of DIET lemon-lime soda, any kind
lots of ice

Put the frozen concentrates (should be mostly thawed or at least soft-ish) into the Family size QSP. Add the tequila and use the plunger to mix it up well. Add ice to fill about half the pitcher. SLOWLY add the entire bottle of diet soda. Plunge to mix.

People really like this recipe, and I've eliminated the tequila lots of times if the host doesn't want alcohol for whatever reason. The most frequent question I get is why DIET soda... it's because if you use regular soda the mixture becomes too sweet. My Director calls these Easy Mexican Margaritas... and I almost always pair this with a Chicken Enchilada Ring, which is probably my favorite demo recipe of all time. =)

=) Jen
Thanks Jen!

I wanted to have a "no beer" as well as a non-alcoholic recipe, you gave me BOTH!!

I am saving BOTH recipes so I can offer them to my host and she can choose what she wants to do!

frozenchef said:

I did a Buffett show - we had margaritas, I demo'd the Aloha pizza, Host made cheeseburgers in Paradise - I gave out a prize for the best Buffettwear - everyone had flip flops on and Jimmy was signing (on my ipod) in the background - Oh and those who didn't drink the margaritas had coronas - but this year - we will be serving his own line of beer!!

Someone on here gave this one to me, and its the BEST that I've tasted yet! Yumm!

Margarita Punch
2 (12 oz) cans frozen lemonade (undiluted, THAWED)
1 (12 oz) can frozen limeade (undiluted, THAWED)
1 (12 oz) can frozen orange juice (undiluted, THAWED)
8 cups water
1 (3 litre) Sprite/7-Up
2 cups Tequila

Mix together, serve over ice. Makes 1 1/2 gallons.

PamperedDor said:
I did a Buffett show - we had margaritas, I demo'd the Aloha pizza, Host made cheeseburgers in Paradise - I gave out a prize for the best Buffettwear - everyone had flip flops on and Jimmy was signing (on my ipod) in the background - Oh and those who didn't drink the margaritas had coronas - but this year - we will be serving his own line of beer!!

And now for the more sophisticated Buffet fans, you can serve the cheeseburger salad (in the collapsable bowl of course), pina colada upside-down cake and put your margarita glasses in the party sticks!

KellyTheChef said:
I just HATE the taste of beer!! No other reason!;)

I hate beer too, but you really can't taste it in these margaritas! Give em a try!!:D

frozenchef said:

Thanks! I LOVE Jimmy Buffett and have been lucky enough to see him perform. Some of you thought I might be joking but I'm looking at putting together a future Jimmy Buffett theme cooking show in the near future. There is a local Parrot Head Club here in town that I might call and invite.

PamperedDor said:

You have given me some great ideas. Thanks! I like the flip flop ideas. I could give out a prize for the oddest pair of flip flops or wackiest Hula shirt.

katie0128 said:
And now for the more sophisticated Buffet fans, you can serve the cheeseburger salad (in the collapsable bowl of course), pina colada upside-down cake and put your margarita glasses in the party sticks!

Oh that sounds like fun too - wasn't sure about the sophisticated part though?? Every concert of his I have gone to did have too many "sophisticated" people - just a bunch of Parrot heads enjoying great music , awesome food and drinks and good company! :)

I might just have to try <i>EVERY</i> recipe on here to see which one is the best. Thanks for all your ideas!

Oh, did I mention, I am the only one in my househould that drinks margarita!

vtodd71 said:
Thanks! I LOVE Jimmy Buffett and have been lucky enough to see him perform. Some of you thought I might be joking but I'm looking at putting together a future Jimmy Buffett theme cooking show in the near future. There is a local Parrot Head Club here in town that I might call and invite.

When I did my Buffett shows I went to orientaltrading.com and got the grass skirt for my demo table, drink umbrellas, leis and lots of other fun stuff! :thumbup: :thumbup:

People really enjoyed that month!!:D

Got back from tonight's show and just wanted to give feedback on the 7-up/limeade/tequila/corona recipe...

Most really loved it but the professed "margarita lovers" in the group thought it was "only OK" and said it definitely wasn't there favorite. It DID really show off the QSP however. And they all LOVED the JC Nachos, though most would have added more Jamaican Jerk seasoning than the recipe calls for.

Thanks ladies for posting the margarita recipes! :thumbup:

Now I need to go pray that the snow predicted for Sunday doesn't cancel my next show! :cry:

fruit76loop said:
When I did my Buffett shows I went to orientaltrading.com and got the grass skirt for my demo table, drink umbrellas, leis and lots of other fun stuff! :thumbup: :thumbup:

People really enjoyed that month!!:D

Thanks for the tip. I've used Oriental Trading Post in the past. They have some pretty cool stuff. I'm already starting to plan a Jimmy Buffett Cooking Show in May. :D

hey all try this....

Margarita Punch

1 large can limeade
1 2ltr sprite or 7up
1/2 can Tequila (use the limeaid can)
1/2 can Triple sec

mix in the Quick stir pitcher and garnish with limes, etc
Yummy yummy.

Triple Citrus MojitosHas anyone tried the new Seasons Best recipe? I'm giving it a try tonight for our Cluster meeting but, I have no Mint Leaves so I'm doing it without. I will let you know how it goes.

Triple Citrus Mojitos without the mint leave went over with a bang, everyone loved them.:sing:

thebowman said:
Has anyone tried the new Seasons Best recipe? I'm giving it a try tonight for our Cluster meeting but, I have no Mint Leaves so I'm doing it without. I will let you know how it goes.
I tried it. Hubby and I loved it. It's very yummy.

1. What is the recipe for Quick-Stir Margaritas?

The recipe for Quick-Stir Margaritas is as follows:

• 1 cup tequila
  • 1/2 cup triple sec
  • 1/2 cup lime juice
  • 1/4 cup simple syrup
  • Ice cubes
  • Salt for rimming glasses (optional)

To make the margaritas, combine all ingredients in a pitcher and stir until well mixed. Serve over ice and garnish with a lime wedge, if desired.

2. What is the difference between Quick-Stir Margaritas and regular margaritas?

The main difference between Quick-Stir Margaritas and regular margaritas is the method of preparation. Quick-Stir Margaritas are made by simply stirring all the ingredients together in a pitcher, while regular margaritas are typically made by blending the ingredients together with ice. Quick-Stir Margaritas are a quick and easy option for those who don't have a blender or prefer a more simple recipe.

3. Can I use any type of tequila for Quick-Stir Margaritas?

You can use any type of tequila for Quick-Stir Margaritas, but we recommend using a good quality tequila for the best flavor. Silver or blanco tequila is the most commonly used type for margaritas, but reposado or añejo tequila can also add a unique depth of flavor.

4. Can I make a large batch of Quick-Stir Margaritas for a party?

Yes, you can easily make a large batch of Quick-Stir Margaritas for a party by adjusting the ingredient proportions accordingly. It's recommended to make the margaritas in a large pitcher and add ice to each individual glass when serving to ensure the drinks stay fresh and cold.

5. Can I substitute the lime juice with another type of citrus juice?

Yes, you can experiment with different types of citrus juice in Quick-Stir Margaritas. Some popular substitutions include using lemon juice or a combination of lemon and lime juice. Just keep in mind that the taste may vary slightly from the original recipe, so adjust the proportions to your liking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
LoriLions
  • soccermama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lisacb77