• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy King Cake Recipe for Mardi Gras Party

In summary, you can find a King Cake recipe that is easy to make, suitable for a Mardi Gras themed party, and does not require 3 hours of prep time.
Kristina21
I am in love with the idea of having a Mardi Gras themed party but before mentioning it to potential hosts for February, I'm hoping someone could help me. I am looking for a King Cake recipe that I could do. My husbands family is from New Orleans and all the recipe's they have need 3 hours to prep!:( Any ideas??

My Director used to do a king cake that was basically a ring (like taco ring), filled with cream cheese and (I think) apples. It wasn't authentic, but it fit the theme and was easy to do as a show demo. Unfortunately, I don't have the recipe any more. Let me check with my cluster mates and see if any of them still have it.

Here's the recipe I use...

Attachments

• King Cake.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 346
That's the one I was thinking of, Colleen! Once again, you save the day. :)

Perhaps you can find a little ceramic baby to tuck in the cake (we cut a slit in the cooled cake, insert tiny plastic baby doll).
Also add a washed silver coin, sometimes other traditional charms.Whoever finds the baby has the next party...the coin means money :) Maybe find the baby and host the next PC party?

Perhaps you can find a little ceramic baby to tuck in the cake (we cut a slit in the cooled cake, insert tiny plastic baby doll).
Also add a washed silver coin, sometimes other traditional charms. Cover slits with frosting and colored sugars.

Whoever finds the bebe (baby toy) has the next party...the coin means money :) Maybe find the baby and host the next PC party? Coin means a discount or gift when they host they next PC party?

Just warn the guests to be mindful of the 'prizes"!:eek:

You may want to consider these shows for January instead. Carnival runs Jan 6 through Feb 5 (Fat Tuesday) which is Mardi Gras. If you wait until Feb. for your shows, it will all be over. ;)

Btw, this is a terrific idea which I plan to use. I live in an area with a large Cajun population so Mardi Gras is a big thing around here. Thanks!

This is a great idea. I think I will do a show, so any ideas of what to serve besides, the cake? I can do southern all day long. But cajun? I need a little help.

Thought you may like this to go along with your Mardi Gras theme show. ;) Although I haven't tried this recipe yet, it got great reviews. It's supposed to be pretty potent. You can substitute ginger ale for the rum to make it non-alcoholic. I think I'll try this for New Year's just to make sure it's good for the shows. lol

Hurricane Punch

Ingredients
1/2 (64-ounce) bottle red fruit punch
1/2 (12-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
1 (6-ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 2/3 cups light rum
1 2/3 cups dark rum

Preparation
Stir together all ingredients. Serve over ice.
Yield
8 1/4 cups

To keep it Cajun, you could serve red beans and rice with the King Cake for dessert. That would be easy. You could then show the rice cooker and have the beans cooked in advance. When I make this, I cook a spicy sausage in my beans (usually in the crockpot)and serve them over rice topped with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped green onion. Delish! (There's the UM or cheese grater and knife demo. lol)

If you just wanted to stick to light fare, you could maybe make a shrimp dip with crackers. I have a great recipe, if you want it. Wish I could claim it but it's my sister's. :rolleyes: Btw, I have several really good, easy Cajun recipes if you ever want to give it a try. :chef:

Last edited:
RebelChef said:
To keep it Cajun, you could serve red beans and rice with the King Cake for dessert. That would be easy. You could then show the rice cooker and have the beans cooked in advance. When I make this, I cook a spicy sausage in my beans (usually in the crockpot)and serve them over rice topped with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped green onion. Delish! (There's the UM or cheese grater and knife demo. lol)

If you just wanted to stick to light fare, you could maybe make a shrimp dip with crackers. I have a great recipe, if you want it. Wish I could claim it but it's my sister's. :rolleyes: Btw, I have several really good, easy Cajun recipes if you ever want to give it a try. :chef:

YOU GUYS ARE AWSOME!!! Thank you!!! I love the red beans and rice idea :D

Ok, I'm sure someone will come up with something better since you always create such awesome flyers but here's one I threw together just in case. I'm loving this idea! Thanks for thinking of it, Kristi!

Attachments

• Mardi Gras.doc
    50.5 KB · Views: 398
Marisa,

Please share your shrimp dip! Sounds great! TIA!

Glad to! It makes quite a bit but the bowl is practically licked clean at my house. lol Enjoy!

Shrimp Dip

16 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayo (I use Blue Plate but Hellman's is great, too.)
1 cup Miracle Whip
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup chopped celery
2 tsp. horseradish
squirt of lemon juice (I just give a good squeeze of a fresh lemon)
1 clove garlic
2 lbs. small, boiled shrimp (4 cans tiny shrimp can be substituted)

Mix all, except shrimp, with mixer. Fold in well drained shrimp. Chill and serve.

Great! Thanks so much!

1. What ingredients do I need for the Quick & Easy King Cake Recipe?

The ingredients needed for the Quick & Easy King Cake Recipe are:

• 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dough sheet
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2-3 tablespoons milk
  • Food coloring (green, yellow, and purple)

2. Can I use a different type of dough for this recipe?

While the recipe calls for refrigerated crescent dough sheet, you can use any type of dough that can be rolled out, such as pizza dough or puff pastry. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

3. How do I shape the King Cake?

After rolling out the crescent dough sheet, brush it with melted butter and sprinkle with a mixture of sugar, cinnamon, chopped pecans, and raisins. Then, roll the dough into a log and form it into a circle. Press the ends together to seal. Place the dough on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown.

4. How do I make the colored sugar for the topping?

To make the colored sugar for the topping, mix confectioners' sugar with a few tablespoons of milk until it reaches a thick but pourable consistency. Divide the mixture into three bowls and add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl, creating green, yellow, and purple sugar. Drizzle the colored sugar over the baked King Cake.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Quick & Easy King Cake Recipe ahead of time. Simply prepare the dough, shape it, and place it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. You can also bake the King Cake and freeze it for up to 2 months. Just thaw and reheat in the oven before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jkerr
  • afultz4912
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies