• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Dessert: Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake | SS Saute Pan Recipe

In summary, Jessica is doing a show tomorrow and is making a quick dessert to show how her pans go from stovetop to oven - Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake. She does it all the time and the hosts/guests love it. Her host tomorrow is having a show so she can get the SS set for half price. Is there a quick dessert stovetop to oven that she can make using the SS pan?
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I am doing a show tomorrow and making a quick dessert to show how our pans go from stovetop to oven - Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I do it all the time and the hosts/guests love it. My host tomorrow is having a show so she can get the SS set for half price. Is there a quick dessert stovetop to oven that I can make using the SS pan? Thanks.

Jessica,
could you please post or tell me where you got the recipe for the Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake??
Phyllis
Director, Anniston Alabama
Walking at Conference 2008

OH YES! I would love to see that recipe ... I think it would go over better for my tropical show in July!

I'm not a fan of frying in stainless and would be afraid anything I would suggest would stick and burn ... you may want to try it at home, or demo the stainless cleaner!

But you may want to try some of those cinnamon apple recipes in the recipe files ... they're in with the recipes for garlic bites and such.

Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake

1 yellow Jiffy Cake Mix
Juice from Pineapple
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 egg
3 T butter

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter and brown sugar in 8" saute pan. Combine egg, pineapple juice, and a little water if batter seems dry. Placed crushed pineapple on top of brown sugar mixture. Pour cake batter oer pineapple. Bake 15-20 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Flip on to Medium SA square.

Its cool to show how our pans go from stovetop to oven. Then fun to show how easy it slides out of pan onto square.

This is great! Can't wait to try it. I don't usually cook in my pans at shows. I use the ice cube demo. One in the pan, one in a prep bowl and pass around both. Guest can't believe how quickly it melts in the pan & not in the bowl. I've sold tons of cookware this way.

thanks Jessica - gonna try this at my show Saturday afternoon.
Phyllis
Director, Anniston Alabama
Walking at Conference 2008 ~ Wave 3

Plus, when you practice at home, it is the perfect size to totally eat all by yourself and not feel guilty!

Jessica...to your original question, I am not a big ss person, so I don't know of a dessert to make in there...sorry! I would think that most people who use ss understand that it's not the right choice for every type of food...

Good luck on your show!

ChefJWarren said:
Plus, when you practice at home, it is the perfect size to totally eat all by yourself and not feel guilty!
LMAO!!!
Brilliant bring along to the show :)
Thanks

I LOVE THIS! Thanks for sharing!

I'm HUGE doofus head!!!! Talked to the host tonight, DUH she wants the Executive not the Stainless. Problem solved. I don't know why I had that in my head.

This sounds great! I'm gonna "practice" tomorrow. Thanks!

If you don't have Jiffy Cake Mix, how much reg cake mix can you use.

Related to Quick Dessert: Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cake | SS Saute Pan Recipe

1. What is the size of the "8" Ss Saute Pan Dessert"?

The "8" Ss Saute Pan Dessert" is 8 inches in diameter and has a capacity of 2 quarts.

2. Is the "8" Ss Saute Pan Dessert" oven safe?

Yes, the "8" Ss Saute Pan Dessert" is oven safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. Can I use metal utensils with the "8" Ss Saute Pan Dessert"?

Yes, the "8" Ss Saute Pan Dessert" is made with a durable stainless steel material that can withstand metal utensils.

4. Does the "8" Ss Saute Pan Dessert" have a non-stick coating?

No, the "8" Ss Saute Pan Dessert" does not have a non-stick coating. It is recommended to use a small amount of oil or butter when cooking to prevent sticking.

5. Can the "8" Ss Saute Pan Dessert" be used on an induction cooktop?

Yes, the "8" Ss Saute Pan Dessert" is compatible with all cooktop surfaces including induction.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdawn
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • TheFreddiesCook