• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Dessert Recipes Using the DCB

In summary, the author recommends covering the cake in the microwave to make it look nicer and to prevent it from exploding. She recommends using a box cake mix, adding shredded coconut and diced pineapple, and microwaving it for 11 minutes.
TheFreddiesCook
Need to find dessert recipes with the DCB... My host already wants to do the garden pizza, but I'd like to make something in the DCB to see if I can get some sales there...
Host already told me nothing spicy, so I am looking for dessert dishes, instead of fajitas or chili. I am trying to stay away from a main dish recipe, since we are already having the garden pizza.

What would be something easy to show off this great product?

lava cake in the microwave would be perfect

Yup, I do this at all my shows! Just take a box cake mix, and mix it up according to the package directions. Then scoop half a can of frosting on top with our stainless scoops. (Don't mix in.) Then microwave for 12 minutes, covered. Chocolate on chocolate is really impressive. Also, I ask that my host supply the eggs and oil since they can be quite difficult to transport.

doughmama said:
lava cake in the microwave would be perfect

I agree - I've done parties where I make the 3-cheese garden pizza and the lava cake in the DCB - shows off great products! I usually have the cake batter mixed & in the DCB prior to show start & ask someone to scoop the frosting into the DCB & put in micro just as we are starting the pizza. Doesn't add a lot of time to the demonstration, but shows off great product.

Kelly8 said:
Yup, I do this at all my shows! Just take a box cake mix, and mix it up according to the package directions. Then scoop half a can of frosting on top with our stainless scoops. (Don't mix in.) Then microwave for 12 minutes, covered. Chocolate on chocolate is really impressive. Also, I ask that my host supply the eggs and oil since they can be quite difficult to transport.

Have you actually covered yours? I never do and had a hostess say when she covered the cake it exploded all over her microwave so I advise people never to cover the baker when making the lava cake.

I always cover mine and have had no issues.

My favorite is super easy! Just dump a can of crushed pineapple in the DCB (15oz can) then dump a can of cherry pie filling, then sprinkle powdered yellow cake mix across the entire top of baker, the slice one stick of butter w/ the egg slicer or just a knife and place squares across the top of cake. Put lid on and microwave! Start with 11 minutes....had one finish that fast, and another take 15....but its soooo yummy! and everyone loves it! It turns out more like cobbler, but its so good! I have also made it using a can of apple pie filling with a can of blueberry! yum!!!
Here are a few I have found on here.....
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
“Dump Cake style”
Spray baker with Kitchen Spritzer
Mix Devil's Food Cake mix or other Chocolate Cake mix--according to package directions (only, mix it with a whisk in the Batter Bowl or Stainless Bowl--not an electric mixer)
Pour it into the DCB. Then take a can of chocolate frosting (regular, not whipped) and use the medium scoop to put dollops of frosting on the top of the cake batter. I don't use the whole can, maybe about 3/4's of it. Then measure 1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter in Measure-All Cup. Use the same medium scoop to put dollops of the PB all over the top of the batter as well. (I put them in between the spaces of the chocolate frosting blobs.)

Cover and bake in microwave on High for 11 minutes. Check it and see if it's done. I touch the center lightly w/ my finger to make sure it springs back. Then take it out and remove the lid and let it sit for about 15-20 min. All the frosting and PB will have sunk to the bottom. It will be gooey on the bottom. This is where you could flip it over onto a platter (usually made in the fluted stone or the Rice Cooker) but it's not as pretty when it's from the DCB. I leave it in the baker and just scoop it out. The baker looks pretty at least and it will keep the cake nice and warm. Plus then you have a lid to cover up the leftovers...if there are any.

PINA COLADA PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
1 BOX YELLOW CAKE MIX
3 EGGS
1 CAN COCONUT MILK
1 FRESH PINEAPPLE (IT IS THE BEST, BUT CANNED RINGS IS OK)
1 CUP TOASTED COCONUT (in microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring for a total of 2 minutes)
1 STICK BUTTER
1 CUP BROWN SUGAR
1 JAR MARASCHINO CHERRIES
Melt butter in the baker in the microwave 30 seconds at a time. Pat cup of brown sugar into the melted butter. Prepare fresh pineapple by cutting off skin, and taking out core. Cut into ½ circles (or cut canned into half circles. Lay pineapple evenly over the bottom of baker on top of the brown sugar. Place maraschino cherries in the holes in the pineapples.
Mix cake mix with eggs and the can of coconut milk. Mix well, batter will be thick. Pour over top of pineapples on bottom.
Put cover on baker and microwave for 15-17 minutes. Test for doneness by using a large spatula to lift the cake away from the sides of the baker on all four sides one side at a time. If you see yellow ooze that is uncooked batter and the cake needs to be returned to the microwave 1 minute at a time. Let sit 5-10 minutes then flip out onto a platter. Serve and enjoy warm.
MAGIC TURTLE FUDGE CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 BOX DEVIL’S FOOD CAKE MIX PLUS INGREDIENTS TO MAKE CAKE
1 TUB OF CHOCOLATE FROSTING
1 SMALL JAR OF CARAMEL ICE CREAM TOPPING
1 CUP OF PECANS (toasted)
1.5 CUP OF CHOCOLATE CHIPS
2 ROLLS OF ROLLO CANDIES

In baker mix eggs, oil and water from back of cake box instructions. Add cake mix and mix well. Stir in ½ cup of chocolate chips and ½ cup of toasted pecans (you can toast them in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between for a total of 2 minutes.
Dollop entire can of frosting on top of cake batter. Do not mix in. Put lid on baker and microwave for 13-15 minutes. Test for doneness by using a large spatula to lift the cake away from the sides of the baker on all four sides one side at a time. When cake is done, pour 1 cup of caramel ice cream topping and 1 cup of chocolate chips in microwave save dish, microwave for 1 minute. Stir mixture together until melted and combined completely. Unwrap Rollos and push into the cooked cake at even intervals. Pour chocolate/caramel mixture over top of cake. Drizzle with more caramel sauce and sprinkle remaining pecans on top. Serve warm.

LICKETY SPLIT LUSCIOUS LEMON CAKE

1 BOX OF LEMON CAKE MIX PLUS INGREDIENTS ON BACK OF BOX
1 TUB OF LEMON FROSTING
1 POUND OF FRESH STRAWBERRIES
¼ CUP OF SUGAR
1 TUB OF COOL WHIP
Mix eggs, oil and water in baker. Add cake mix and mix well.
Dollop lemon frosting on top of cake batter. Do not mix in. Put lid on baker and microwave for 13-15 minutes. Test for doneness by using a large spatula to lift the cake away from the sides of the baker on all four sides one side at a time.
Slice strawberries and sprinkle sugar on top, mix gently. Let sit for 30 minutes or more.
When cake has cooled for about 10 minutes, scoop out a serving onto a plate, spoon some strawberries onto top of cake and top with Coolwhip. Enjoy

Other versions of dump cake:
Chocolate cake w/ chocolate frosting
German chocolate cake w/ coconut frosting

I bake mine w/ the cover on. If you use a whole can of frosting, it will definitely bubble up and ooze out and make a mess. (I made that mistake at a show!) So, I just use 2/3 of the can and that's much better. When it's done, I take the cover off and let it sit for 15 min. or so before serving.

Cranberry Apple Crisp. or email me & I'll send you my DCB file that has a lot of desserts in it. :)

1. What is the DCB and how is it different from other bakeware?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware dish that can be used for a variety of oven-baked dishes. It is designed with a lid that helps to retain moisture and heat, resulting in perfectly cooked and delicious desserts every time. Unlike metal bakeware, the stoneware material of the DCB helps to distribute heat evenly, preventing burnt edges and ensuring a consistent bake.

2. Can I use the DCB for both sweet and savory dessert recipes?

Yes, absolutely! The DCB is great for both sweet and savory dishes. It can be used for traditional desserts like cakes, brownies, and cobblers, but it is also perfect for savory desserts like quiches, casseroles, and even roasted vegetables.

3. Does using the DCB require any special techniques or adjustments to the recipe?

No, using the DCB is simple and does not require any special techniques or adjustments to the recipe. Just follow your recipe as usual and place it in the DCB before placing it in the oven. The stoneware material and lid will do the work for you by evenly distributing heat and retaining moisture.

4. How do I clean and care for my DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. However, to prolong its lifespan, we recommend hand washing with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using metal utensils or scouring pads, as they can scratch the stoneware surface. Also, be sure to let the DCB cool completely before cleaning or adding any liquids to avoid cracking.

5. Can the DCB be used in the microwave?

No, the DCB is not safe for use in the microwave. It is designed for oven use only and should not be used on the stovetop or under a broiler. Using the DCB in the microwave can result in damage to the stoneware and may cause it to crack or break.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies