• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Recipe

In summary, Kelly had all the ingredients to make the 29 minute cookbook, but can't find it. She hopes someone has it and passes it along. She cooked chicken in a skillet with seasoning mix, white rice, chicken broth, and salsa verde. The chicken was good, but not as good as the real recipe. Next time, she plans to make the chicken breasts and use regular corn instead of salsa verde.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Does anyone have this typed up?

I had the ingredient list and purchased all of it, but now can't find my 29 minute cookbook!! :eek:

I hope someone has it, I wanted to make it for dinner tonight!:chef:

Kelly here you go

1 tsp plus 1Tbsp vegetable oil divided
1 can mexican corn
1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1tbs southwestern seasoning
2 cups white rice instant
2 cups chickem broth
1 1/2 cups salsa verde
2 tbsp fresh cilantro
1 cup shredded mexican cheese

Add 1 tsp of oil to skillet heat over med-high heat 1-3 min or until shimmering. Meanwhile drain corn pat dry. Add corn to skillet in a single layer. Cook without stirring 5 min or until carmelized on one side. Remove corn from skillet set aside

cut chicken into 1 in pieces. Combine Chicken and seasoning mix in classic batter bowl. Add chicken to skillet. Cook over med-high heat 5-7 mins or until center of chicken is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. remove from skillet set aside.

Add remaning 1 tbsp oil to skillet. Add rice stir until well coated with oil. Add broth and salsa bring to simmer aver med-high heat. Cover skillet reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 mins or until most of the liquid is absorbed. mean while snip cilantro

To serve spoon chicken over rice mixture in skillet. Sprinkle cheese and corn cover let stand 5 mins or until cheese is melted

I have been wanting to make this really bad but nobody around here seems to carry the salsa verde. One store had only a HOT version. I want to make sure my kids will be able to eat it. My son loves hot stuff, but I don't think my daughter does. I prefer it not too hot myself. I will check another place before I give up!

One of the directors here made it for a meeting one time and it was very good! I believe she used the hot stuff too.

THANK YOU!!

http://www.forumup.com/images/smiles/slider_thankyou.gif

Kelly, you always have such great smilies. :)

NP I actually had the cookbook by me cause I was trying to plan out my menu for the next 2 weeks.

Oooh, I love that recipe! That's a good one and has some heat to it, which I love!!!

That's what we had for dinner tonight! It's a family favorite. When I make it at shows I cook the chicken in the Deep Covered Baker, so it's less in and out of the skillet. Makes the cook time a little less too.

It was very good...again, the cilantro really sets it off and adds that "something" that makes it oh so good!

Next time, though, I don't think I will use chicken thighs...just not my favorite. I will substitute boneless skinless breasts.

Thanks again for getting me the recipe!!
This site is just the bomb!

My family loved it. I didn't use chicken thighs I used the breast and it was very good.

That's what I made tonight too! I've only made it with chicken breasts. Tonight it wasn't as spicy because I only had regular corn on hand and didn't have salsa verde (darn! That's my favorite part!). So I just used Tastefully Simple's Corn and Black Bean Salsa. It was good, but not as good as the "real "recipe. Oh well, at least I made something tonight! :)

Related to Quick and Easy Tex Mex Chicken and Rice Recipe

1. What ingredients do I need to make Tex Mex Chicken and Rice?

To make Tex Mex Chicken and Rice, you will need 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 cup of uncooked rice, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of corn, 1 cup of salsa, 1 cup of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.

2. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use any type of protein you prefer, such as beef, shrimp, or tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Is this dish gluten-free?

Yes, this dish is gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free ingredients, such as gluten-free chicken broth and salsa.

4. Can I make this dish in advance and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this dish in advance and reheat it in the microwave or oven. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat it until it is heated through.

5. How can I make this dish spicier?

If you prefer a spicier dish, you can add more chili powder or cayenne pepper to the recipe. You can also top it with hot sauce or jalapenos before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
chefmary
  • HockeyLover
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies