• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Baking Tex Mex Chicken Melts for a Show: Do It Before or On-Site?

In summary, the Tex Mex Chicken Melts can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator, and the necessary ingredients are boneless chicken breasts, Tex Mex seasoning, shredded cheese, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, and flour tortillas. Other toppings such as salsa, sour cream, and guacamole can also be added for serving. Any type of protein can be used, and the baking time will vary but typically takes 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. While it is possible to make the chicken melts on-site during the show, it is recommended to prepare as much as possible ahead of time for a smoother and more efficient demonstration.
HockeyLover
Hi all! I have a host that wants to demo the Tex Mex Chicken Melts at her show next week. I'm hoping someone has done these before. I know the bread has to bake in the bread tube for an hour, so do you bake the bread before going to the show, or do you put it in the oven when you get there?

I would bake it at home before the show. It needs to cool and everything, I wouldn't risk it at a show.

Since we no longer sell the bread tubes I wpi;d just buy a loaf of french bread.

dannyzmom said:
Since we no longer sell the bread tubes I wpi;d just buy a loaf of french bread.
Oh, good call. Geez, I didn't even realize we don't sell the bread tubes anymore! :eek:

Thanks all!

Yep that's what I did..go to the store...!!!

HockeyLover said:
Oh, good call. Geez, I didn't even realize we don't sell the bread tubes anymore! :eek:

Thanks all!

LOL - yeah - I was bummed out when they d/c them. I used to ask each host to buy a tube of Pillsbury French Loaf. And I would unroll it, sprinkle it w/cinn & sugar...and bake it before the guests arrived so that as they were arriving the ycould smell it. I would sell bread tubes like crazy that way - easy little $6 add-on.

1. Can I prepare the Tex Mex Chicken Melts ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the chicken melts ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. This can save time during your show and ensure a quick and easy demonstration.

2. What ingredients do I need to make the Tex Mex Chicken Melts?

The ingredients needed are boneless chicken breasts, Tex Mex seasoning, shredded cheese, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, and flour tortillas. You may also want to have additional toppings such as salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for serving.

3. Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use any type of protein you prefer for this recipe. Some popular alternatives include ground beef, shredded pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian option.

4. How long does it take to bake the Tex Mex Chicken Melts?

The baking time for the chicken melts will vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts. Generally, it takes about 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. It's always best to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.

5. Can I make the Tex Mex Chicken Melts on-site during the show?

Yes, you can make the chicken melts on-site during the show. However, it may be more time-consuming and may require more preparation and clean-up during the demonstration. It's always best to prepare as much as you can ahead of time to save time and ensure a smooth and efficient show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tpol04
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Karen Weber