• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy Molten Lava Mini Cakes for Your Next Show!

In summary, the author is experimenting with the cake in a cup and discovered adding 1T of caramel topping before microwaving. She has made them twice and both times they were not molten inside. She is trying the micro-cooker version (frosting in the batter) and bake and see if they come out gooey.
heat123
Silver Member
do you think doing this recipe (dropping frosting) into each floral cup with batter will create the same affect (as the rice cooker micro version ) but mini versions instead and baking them in the oven?

I want to do something quick, easy and I have the ingredients already at hand for a show tomorrow night.

I don't know, but I would love to find out.

I have been experimenting with the cake in a cup & discovered adding 1T of caramel topping before I put it in the microwave.....and its yummy!:D :love:

Just what I need:eek:

I don't know but it's worth a try! What I DO know is that if you bake the cakes too long....no "molten" :cry:

GeorgiaPeach said:
I don't know but it's worth a try! What I DO know is that if you bake the cakes too long....no "molten" :cry:
I was going to bake according to the version in the new SBCB and see if they turned out the same as the lava cake in the rice cooker??:confused:

Will see, I will let ya all know after tomorrow!:p

I have made them twice, according to the directions and they are awful. Dry and awful.

AJPratt said:
I have made them twice, according to the directions and they are awful. Dry and awful.

Dry and awful.....I agree! There wasn't a glass of milk big enough to make them taste good :D

I thought it was me! I would cook them A LOT less time, but the flavor still wasn't good.

AJPratt said:
That's what I heard so that's why I am trying the micro-cooker version (frosting in the batter) and bake and see if they come out gooey!

Good to see you Anne! I hope all is well with you! When is Grand Opening?

Heather,

I've made them twice (once for a show) and they were really good - I followed exactly the lowest amount of time in the recipe and they turned out good and gooey - I guess it's better to take them out too early just in case. Definitely try before a show.

Gina M said:
Heather,

I've made them twice (once for a show) and they were really good - I followed exactly the lowest amount of time in the recipe and they turned out good and gooey - I guess it's better to take them out too early just in case. Definitely try before a show.
Gina, are you talking about the SBCB recipe for those lava cakes?

I am going to try improvising and doing the rice cooker version (cake batter and dropping frosting in each floral well) and see if it comes out like the big version, nice an gooey for each flower? Will see how they turn out tonight??

I have made them twice and each time they are not molten inside. My director has tried it about three times, using less than the minimum amount of time to cook and no luck. Oh well, they still taste good, just no lava coming out of cake when you cut it.

So I did the (dropping frosting in batter version) into the silicone floral pan and they came out nice an gooey! Baked at 350 for 18 min (time it calls for cupcakes), sprinkled some powdered sugar on them then squirted some extra chocolate syrup on them and they looked pretty!
Everyone LOVED them! I will definitely be doing them again! :)

Can someone give me the rice cooker version recipe??? My sis in law wants me too cook it at her show :)

1. What is a Molten Lava Mini Cake?

A Molten Lava Mini Cake is a decadent dessert that is made with a rich chocolate cake batter and filled with a warm, gooey chocolate center.

2. How do I make Molten Lava Mini Cakes?

To make Molten Lava Mini Cakes, you will need a special pan that has individual small cake molds. Once you have the pan, you can follow a simple recipe that involves mixing the cake batter, filling the molds with the batter, and inserting a piece of chocolate in the center. The cakes are then baked in the oven for a few minutes until the edges are set but the center is still gooey.

3. Can I use a regular cake mix to make Molten Lava Mini Cakes?

No, regular cake mixes will not produce the same results as a specialized Molten Lava Mini Cake mix. The unique texture and gooey center of these cakes require specific ingredients and proportions to achieve the perfect result. Pampered Chef offers a delicious Molten Lava Mini Cake mix that is easy to use and produces consistently delicious results.

4. How should I serve Molten Lava Mini Cakes?

Molten Lava Mini Cakes are best served warm, right out of the oven. You can also add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream on top for an extra indulgent treat. Make sure to serve them in individual ramekins or plates, as the warm center tends to spill out when cut into.

5. How can I store leftover Molten Lava Mini Cakes?

If you have any leftovers (which is rare!), you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, place them in the microwave for a few seconds until the center becomes gooey again. You can also freeze the unbaked cakes for up to 3 months and bake them when desired. Just make sure to thaw them before baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
lisa717
  • Ann F
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies