• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions about NED Dinner & Pins/Ribbons at Conference

In summary, attendees at the conference can attend a dinner with their National Executive Director, where everyone dresses up, and can also receive pins and ribbons for certain achievements. The ribbons have sticky backs and are attached to the name tag. The banquet may have a theme, such as dressing up as a pirate or tourist, and ends with a banquet for either Executive Directors or Senior Executive Directors depending on their position in the hierarchy. The conference usually ends on the final day, Wednesday evening, but attendees should confirm with their directors for more details.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi all,
Here's a couple more questions...just cuz I've never been to conference...I keep hearing about this dinner with your NED...is that for everyone, or just the directors? Also, I've been hearing about the pins/ribbons that people will get there...what's that all about? Sorry for the dumb questions, I just would like to know, if anyone would care to share....thank you.

Not dumb questions at all!! The dinner is for everyone and most people dress up (reminds me of wedding attire).

I don't know what each of the ribbons and pins stands for, but you get them for certain achievements, such as career sales, consultant status like director or future director, first time attendee, etc. Some of the pins were for HWC and RUFTH (don't know if they still do that) and if you hit a milestone for years of service, I believe. The ribbons have sticky stuff on the back and you attach them to your name tag.

Uh, did I help at all?

YAY! I'll have one for first time attendee...that's about it, unfortunately.

and yes, you always help! Thank you!

I have never been but I think the NED banquet is for everyone. My director mentioned that our NED Nancy Jo Ryan usually does some kind of a theme

Not all executive dinners are fancy. Ours isn't at all.

You should be getting more details from your director as the time draws nearer. Of course, with so many wise veterans here, why wait?

Last year, at our banquet, we were encouraged to come dressed as either a pirate or a tourist.

Now THAT sounds like fun. Ours is always dressier, and I hate having to buy dresses that I only wear once!

raebates said:
You should be getting more details from your director as the time draws nearer. Of course, with so many wise veterans here, why wait?

Exactly....I didnt want to call me director at the time I posted last night...I think she might have been mad! And I know all of you here are "wise veterans", and I always get the answers I'm looking for!

Just an FYI...The Executive Banquets are not necessarily with your National Executive Director. If you have an Executive Director or a Senior Executive Director between you and your National Exec, you will be invited to the Executive Directors Banquet or the Senior Executive Directors Banquet.

Let me give my example for my upline.
My Executive Director is Diane Clayton. In her upline is Executive Director Dotti Shepherd and our National Executive Director is Susan Kaufmann. Since Diane is the closest Executive Director in line to me, I will be attending her banquet.

Lisa

Cool - thanks for the info! I guess I'll have to wait and talk to my SD to see what the deal is with that. I thought that Exec dinner was only for directors and above. Thanks for the clarification!

ChefBeckyD said:
Last year, at our banquet, we were encouraged to come dressed as either a pirate or a tourist.
That sounds so wierd (funny). A pirate OR a tourist? What was the theme?

here's a picture of me at conference right afer my new director's breakfast! Shows some (not a lot) but an example of the ribbons and buttons!

Attachments

• me with Chicago background.JPG
    me with Chicago background.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
MGG said:
That sounds so wierd (funny). A pirate OR a tourist? What was the theme?

It went along with the trips you could earn this past year.....A Pirate (The Caribbean - Bahamas) or a Tourist (San Francisco) It was a lot of fun......some people didn't participate - but those of us who did had alot of fun with it! My SD, who is the most feminine woman, came dressed as a Pirate's Wench.....it was hilarious!

ChefBeckyD said:
It went along with the trips you could earn this past year.....A Pirate (The Caribbean - Bahamas) or a Tourist (San Francisco) It was a lot of fun......some people didn't participate - but those of us who did had alot of fun with it! My SD, who is the most feminine woman, came dressed as a Pirate's Wench.....it was hilarious!

Got it! A pirate wench how funny!!!! I wanna dress up--I wonder if Carol Radu does stuff like that. For that matter I only know who my director is and my very top line-carol. Everyone in between--NO CLUE.

Here's another question...-please help!!
What time does conference end on the final day? I just remembered another obligation I have on Wednesday evening...and I don't know what time it's over...HELP! TIA!!

ChefLisa said:
Just an FYI...The Executive Banquets are not necessarily with your National Executive Director. If you have an Executive Director or a Senior Executive Director between you and your National Exec, you will be invited to the Executive Directors Banquet or the Senior Executive Directors Banquet.

Let me give my example for my upline.
My Executive Director is Diane Clayton. In her upline is Executive Director Dotti Shepherd and our National Executive Director is Susan Kaufmann. Since Diane is the closest Executive Director in line to me, I will be attending her banquet.

Lisa

Lisa - my direct director is Susan!!!

pcchris said:
Here's another question...-please help!!
What time does conference end on the final day? I just remembered another obligation I have on Wednesday evening...and I don't know what time it's over...HELP! TIA!!

The agenda is on CC. On the last day, we are done with Conference at 1:15. However, you can take the HO tour and you won't be done until 6.

I have a question ~ how soon did you ( a collective "you") attend your first conference after you qualified? I'm 3 months new to PC and don't have plans to attend any conferences in 2007 but I would like to attend one in 2008. I don't really know how the conferences work (how many a year, etc) so any info is much appreciated.

Go now if you have the time and money!!! It is never too early to network, learn tons of great tips, get the "big picture" and all the other fun stuff! Plus, you get to see and play with the new products!!!!

I went to Conference before I had even done a cooking show.

GO GO GO GO GO!!!!

lsm72 said:
I have a question ~ how soon did you ( a collective "you") attend your first conference after you qualified? I'm 3 months new to PC and don't have plans to attend any conferences in 2007 but I would like to attend one in 2008. I don't really know how the conferences work (how many a year, etc) so any info is much appreciated.
I started in September 2001 (signed my contract on 9/8). I missed my first Conference because of other commitments in July 2002 (none on the actual dates of conference, but my choir had a 10-day tour of Italy AND DH and I moved). I went to the next one in 2003. Haven't missed one since.

1. Can I purchase NED Dinner & Pins/Ribbons at Conference?

Yes, you can purchase NED Dinner & Pins/Ribbons at Conference. They will be available for purchase at the registration desk or at the Pampered Chef store during the conference.

2. How much do NED Dinner & Pins/Ribbons cost?

The price for NED Dinner & Pins/Ribbons varies depending on the type and quantity. Prices will be available at the registration desk or at the Pampered Chef store during the conference.

3. Do I have to attend the NED Dinner to receive Pins/Ribbons?

No, you do not have to attend the NED Dinner to receive Pins/Ribbons. They will be available for purchase at the registration desk or at the Pampered Chef store during the conference.

4. Are there any restrictions on who can purchase NED Dinner & Pins/Ribbons?

No, there are no restrictions on who can purchase NED Dinner & Pins/Ribbons. They are available for purchase to all attendees of the conference.

5. Can I purchase NED Dinner & Pins/Ribbons after the conference?

Unfortunately, NED Dinner & Pins/Ribbons are only available for purchase during the conference. We recommend purchasing them at the conference to ensure availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ldynred7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
Chozengirl
Replies
Views
raebates