• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is 'No hablo español' the correct way to say I don't speak Spanish on a label?

Since we have some Spanish speakers on this thread... I was wondering if you had some flyers already made up in Spanish that you wouls share with me? I speak Spanish but I thought if someone had some already made up... well, you know... the work's already done!!! LOLSince we have some Spanish speakers on this thread... I was wondering if you had some flyers already made up in Spanish that you wouls share with me? I speak Spanish but I thought if someone had some already made up... well, you know... the work's already done!!! LOLNo, I don't have any flyers made up yet. I would be happy to translate them for you though
dkitten13
I have some mini-catalogs in Spanish that I want to bring to my son's daycare in a very Spanish speaking town. However, on my label I would like to put the phrase "No hablo español". would that be the right way to say I don't speak Spanish?

Thanks!

I think that is right, however, it might be a little confusing for them to get a catalog and on your label it basically says, I can't talk to you. I hope that makes sense.

Is there someone at the school that can do the translation for you? Maybe a director/teacher?

No hablo espanol is correct for saying that you don't speak spanish

along with the cattys, are you leaving directions in spanish on how to order on-line (that way you don't need to worry about speaking directly with them?
Jen

jross93 said:
No hablo espanol is correct for saying that you don't speak spanish

along with the cattys, are you leaving directions in spanish on how to order on-line (that way you don't need to worry about speaking directly with them?
Jen

Great idea. If you can not find a translator....I wouldn't mention you can not communicate with them. I would simply omit your phone number......set up your website to have a spanish version as Jen mentioned.

You can add, "Ordene 24/7 - mi sitio web personal www.pamperedchef.biz/XXXX" There's an accent above the "o' in "sitio"

Basically it says...."Order 24/7 - my personal website ........"

At the school there are several teachers/helpers that speak Spanish. Plus, I think the people who pick it up will speak English but might be impressed or have an easier time reading Spanish. If there are any people interested in anything I'm sure they'll ask and then I'll check my cluster for Spanish speakers to help!Thanks!

I am not sure I would put this on your catalogs either, however, if you do...

The correct phrasing would be "No habla espanol"
There is an A at the end, not an O. Good luck and have fun. Maybe this will be a great opportunity for you to sign a spanish speaking person to help with such a varied community!

Happy Selling!!

TiffanyBarton said:
I am not sure I would put this on your catalogs either, however, if you do...

The correct phrasing would be "No habla espanol"
There is an A at the end, not an O.

Why would it be habla, not hablo??

Granted, I haven't taken Spanish since college but here is a general explanation: in Spanish words are gender based - either male or female - habla ends in an a because its root word is female. (Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm remembering incorrectly!)

Sounds about right....when being familiar or in speaking, we would say "hablo"....however, for business or more professional settings, we use "no habla espanol".......it always bugged me, but that tends to be the accepted form for business

Eeeeek! jross93, I must apologize. I had a momentary brain fart. The correct way to say "I do not speak spanish." Would be "Yo no hablo espanol." I am not entirely sure what I was thinking.

And for anyone who needs that cleared up...
Hablar is the root word for to speak however, it must be conjugated according to the subject. Since I (Yo) is the subject, the conjugation is hablo. It changes the ending. :O) Grrrr! Sorry about the confusion. (I have pregnant brain.)

Since we have some Spanish speakers on this thread... I was wondering if you had some flyers already made up in Spanish that you wouls share with me? I speak Spanish but I thought if someone had some already made up... well, you know... the work's already done!!! LOL

Thanks!

caraighan said:
Since we have some Spanish speakers on this thread... I was wondering if you had some flyers already made up in Spanish that you wouls share with me? I speak Spanish but I thought if someone had some already made up... well, you know... the work's already done!!! LOL

Thanks!

I am slowly trying to translate some, but can't seem to find the time! :yuck:

In the meantime, I've been using cc's spanish Únete a nosotros for recruiting. What were you looking for?

TiffanyBarton said:
Eeeeek! jross93, I must apologize. I had a momentary brain fart. The correct way to say "I do not speak spanish." Would be "Yo no hablo espanol." I am not entirely sure what I was thinking.

And for anyone who needs that cleared up...
Hablar is the root word for to speak however, it must be conjugated according to the subject. Since I (Yo) is the subject, the conjugation is hablo. It changes the ending. :O) Grrrr! Sorry about the confusion. (I have pregnant brain.)

I was always told not to use the "familiar"............can anyone else weigh in? I was told for marketing and business purposes it is No Habla

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I was always told not to use the "familiar"............can anyone else weigh in? I was told for marketing and business purposes it is No Habla

The "familiar" that I think you're thinking of is the you form. In Spanish there are 2 ways to say you - tu (accent on the u) and Usted (Ud.) You use tu when you're speaking informally with someone of if they're younger than you. Use Ud. when speaking formally. So, the hablar forms would be hablas (inf) and habla (formal). When speaking about yourself, there is no formal/informal - it is only the yo form which is hablo

don't know if this helps or not!
Jen

jross93 said:
The "familiar" that I think you're thinking of is the you form. In Spanish there are 2 ways to say you - tu (accent on the u) and Usted (Ud.) You use tu when you're speaking informally with someone of if they're younger than you. Use Ud. when speaking formally. So, the hablar forms would be hablas (inf) and habla (formal). When speaking about yourself, there is no formal/informal - it is only the yo form which is hablo

don't know if this helps or not!
Jen

Hi Jen,

I appreciate the time you took to help. I think I'm using the wrong word choice when I say the familiar....

When you use "Hablo", you are referring to yourself...when you are referring to a business, an entity....it sadly goes to the masculine :)D)...hence transforming it to "habla".....I was instructed to use that form whenever it was a professional setting or print ad using the form "hablo" makes it casual and is only specific to yourself....the universal acceptance for general business purposes is "habla"........not sure if I'm explaining it correctly.....

1. What is "Question for Spanish Speaker!"?

"Question for Spanish Speaker!" is a line of products from Pampered Chef that is specifically designed for Spanish-speaking individuals. These products have Spanish instructions and are meant to make cooking and food preparation easier for those who prefer to read and follow instructions in Spanish.

2. Are the "Question for Spanish Speaker!" products only available in Spanish-speaking countries?

No, "Question for Spanish Speaker!" products are available for purchase in any country where Pampered Chef operates. However, they are specifically marketed towards Spanish-speaking individuals.

3. Can I use the "Question for Spanish Speaker!" products even if I don't speak Spanish?

Yes, the products are designed to be user-friendly for anyone, regardless of their language proficiency. The Spanish instructions are meant to provide an additional option for those who prefer to read and follow instructions in Spanish.

4. How do I know if a product is part of the "Question for Spanish Speaker!" line?

Products that are part of the "Question for Spanish Speaker!" line will have a "Spanish Speaker" label on the product description or packaging. You can also find these products by searching for "Question for Spanish Speaker!" on our website.

5. Are there any upcoming new products in the "Question for Spanish Speaker!" line?

Yes, we are constantly working on expanding our "Question for Spanish Speaker!" line and introducing new products. You can stay updated on new releases by regularly checking our website or signing up for our newsletter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilovpc
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
kam
  • lisaterwilliger
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lt1jane