• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question Concerning a House Fire?

In summary, Tracy's neighbor's house burned down and she's trying to figure out what to do. Tracy's neighbor did a party to help her last night and she said the majority of the donations came from the youth.
pamperedtracy
Gold Member
Good Morning,

My neighbor came over last night to tell me that her brother's house burned to the ground Tues. morning. Her brother and his family got out ok. It seems to have started in the attic.

Friends and family are going to try and help put kitchen items together for her. She apparently had tons of Pampered Chef items, but now they are gone, and her receipts have burned.

Does Pampered Chef have any type of warranty that would cover fire? I know she had the cookware and lots of stones and the chopper, etc. Is she just out of luck when it comes to Pampered Chef doing anything or helping?

I was going to suggest having a "Help Re-Stock my Kitchen Party" or do something through the registry so that family and friends can buy things, otherwise it will be so expensive for her to try and replace everthing.

I think I know the answer, but I wanted to check and see if anyone knew if Pampered Chef did anything. Or see if my neighbor should call HO and see what they say.

Thanks,
Tracy

pc won't replace the stuff, but her insurance should cover it

I don't think the warranty would cover fire. In that case, the items should be covered by their homeowners policy.

Someone else here has a family member whose house was destroyed, and the suggestion was to set up a registry for them so that friends and family can purchase what they need, and they'll get the FPV to boot. They can also then place a large order for themselves through the registry and insurance should cover it.

Thanks everyone. That is what I thought. I will try and do something through the registry and/or do a party so her friends and family can help buy things for her.

Thanks again,
Tracy

You might have her call and check. I recently did a party for a neighbor who's house burned. She said PC was going to replace her cookware because of the fire damage. So, it's worth a phone call!

Wow, thanks!! Yes, it can't hurt to call and explain the situation.

Tracy

I actually did a party last night to benefit a woman whose home had burned. Guests purchased wish list items or donated cash for her to get whatever she wanted. When I left she had added three items to her list in order to use up all the donations. The party will close on Tuesday, so I'm anxious to see what happens in the next few days.BTW, this group is part of a residential facility for troubled youth. Most of the donations came from the youth. I was touched by their compassion and love for one of the house parents.

raebates said:
I actually did a party last night to benefit a woman whose home had burned. Guests purchased wish list items or donated cash for her to get whatever she wanted. When I left she had added three items to her list in order to use up all the donations. The party will close on Tuesday, so I'm anxious to see what happens in the next few days.

BTW, this group is part of a residential facility for troubled youth. Most of the donations came from the youth. I was touched by their compassion and love for one of the house parents.

That is beautiful! She must be making a positive impact on the kids ~ their desire to help her says alot about who she is.

They're great kids. This is the same facility that I was honored to guest teach a couple of classes to this summer. Many of the girls who came were part of those classes. They come from some horrible situations, and so much of the behavior that landed them in the facility is simply them acting out what they've experienced. The staff is amazing. They are loving and caring. We did this party as more of an open house, so I really just stood around and talking with them for most of the evening. One of the great blessings I receive through PC is meeting people like this.

1. What should I do if there is a fire in my kitchen?

If there is a fire in your kitchen, the first thing you should do is evacuate everyone from the house and call 911. Do not attempt to put out the fire yourself, as it can quickly become dangerous. Once everyone is safely outside, wait for the fire department to arrive and follow their instructions.

2. How can I prevent a house fire from happening?

The best way to prevent a house fire is to be proactive and take precautionary measures. Make sure to regularly check and maintain your smoke detectors, keep flammable objects away from heat sources, and never leave cooking appliances unattended. It is also important to have a fire escape plan and practice it with your family.

3. What are the most common causes of house fires?

The most common causes of house fires are cooking accidents, heating equipment such as space heaters or fireplaces, electrical malfunctions, and smoking. It is important to be cautious and aware of potential fire hazards in your home to reduce the risk of a fire.

4. What should I do if my clothes catch on fire?

If your clothes catch on fire, remember to stop, drop, and roll. This means to immediately stop moving, drop to the ground, and cover your face with your hands. Then, roll back and forth until the flames are extinguished. If possible, use a blanket or towel to smother the fire. Seek medical attention for any burns.

5. How can I prepare my home for a potential fire?

To prepare your home for a potential fire, make sure to have working smoke detectors on every level of your house and in every bedroom. Keep a fire extinguisher in an easily accessible area, and make sure everyone in your family knows how to use it. It is also important to have an emergency kit and a fire escape plan in case of a fire. Regularly check and maintain all heating and electrical equipment in your home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MomToEli
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies