• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Open House: A Success or a Bust?

In summary, the person planning the open house had four direct selling representatives scheduled for tonight and five for tomorrow morning. However, one representative had a doctor's appointment and couldn't make it, while another was stuck in terrible traffic. No one showed up for the event, but the PartyLite representative who did come is interested in switching to PC for free and discounted products. The person is trying to figure out how to keep her interested in the business after her initial commitment.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
So I've been planning this open house for over a month and I had 4 DS supposed to be represented tonight, and 5 represented tomorrow morning. I got a call today from one saying she woke up with a bad pain in her side and wanted to get it cleared by the doctor so she could at least make it tomorrow but that the only time the doctor had an appointment was 4:30 (after it was supposed to start today). So she didn't make it tonight. Then my Avon girl got stuck in HORRIBLE traffic and didn't make it til 6 (it was from 4-8). Then....NO ONE SHOWED UP :( I felt so bad for the other DS girls, but keep reminding myself that the invitations were not soely my responsibilty AND that I didn't charge them anything so they are only out their time.

I know at least 5 people that I invited are coming tomorrow so hopefully we'll have more show up tomorrow.

But the PartyLite girl that came tonight wants to sign with PC!! She wants to do it so she can get free and discounted products so I'm trying to decide how to encourage her to keep up with the business even after she fulfills her initial committment. She didn't sound like a kitnapper so at least that's a plus. Any ideas?

She might switch from PL to PC when she see's all she earns and doesn't have to pay for out of her pocket (like hostess gifts/specials). I know unless they changed that, when I friend sold, oh that beautiful 100.00 candle holder might be on sale for $25.00, but she had to pay $40-50.00 for it and only make back my 25.00.

So I think she'll see rewards like that, and also one of my cluster mates but it perfectly when we were talking about being invited to a candle party...she said well when I go to PC parties, yes it costs money, but it's money I'll get a long time reward with, with all the use I'll get out of the products, but with candles, it's just burning your money.

Good Luck with this and hope you have better crowds tomorrow.

Lisa

Wow, that sounds like a really tough situation. It's always disappointing when people don't show up to events that we put a lot of time and effort into planning. But like you said, it's not solely your responsibility and at least you didn't charge anyone for it. It's good that you have some people coming tomorrow, hopefully that will make up for the lack of attendance tonight.As for the PartyLite girl who wants to sign with PC, that's great news! Maybe you could offer her some incentives to keep up with the business, like a discount on her first order or a free product after a certain amount of sales. You could also offer to mentor her and provide support as she gets started. Just make sure to emphasize the benefits of being a part of the PC team and the potential for success in the long run. Good luck with everything!

What is an Open House for Pampered Chef?

An Open House for Pampered Chef is an event where consultants invite guests to their home or a designated location to showcase and demonstrate our products. It is a great opportunity for guests to try out our products and ask any questions they may have.

How do I find an Open House near me?

You can find an Open House near you by reaching out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or by checking our website for upcoming events in your area. You can also host your own Open House and invite friends and family to join.

Do I need to RSVP for an Open House?

It is always helpful to RSVP for an Open House so the consultant can properly prepare for the number of guests attending. However, if you are unable to RSVP, you are still welcome to attend.

What can I expect at an Open House?

At an Open House, you can expect to see a variety of Pampered Chef products being demonstrated and used in various recipes. There may also be special deals and promotions available for guests to take advantage of.

Is there a cost to attend an Open House?

No, there is no cost to attend an Open House. It is a free event for guests to come and learn more about Pampered Chef products and have a fun and interactive experience with our consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lacychef
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • colegrovet
  • General Chat
Replies