• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question at Bru About Ice Cream Scoop

Many people just let it sit and it eventually fades away. The watermark looks like a white line because the ice cream is building up on the scoop and the mineral deposits from the water are showing through. You could try using a cleaner on the scoop, or if the line is particularly thick, you could try using a scrub brush. But it's probably not going to disappear.
pletcherdee
I was at the Babies R Us event on Saturday and one of their employees approached me about her ice Cream Scoop. She said she loves it and would never give it up. But has a question about it.

She said she never puts it in the dishwasher or anything, but notices it gets a white line on it--almost like a water line--that won't go away. She said she hand washes it every time, and tries to get the line off of it, to no avail. She is wondering if there is something she should be doing differently, or if perhaps it has developed some kind of problem....Has anyone else heard of this or run into this problem? (I think she was wondering if it was still safe)

Please let me know. I think that if I can do some research on this, and get her an answer, I can initiate contact with her and might end up with a customer or a booking.

Thanks for your help and wisdom!

Where is the white line? Sometimes you can get a "puddle" in the scoop itself if you hand wash it and leave it scoop facing up to dry. Especially if you have hard water.

We've had a white line on ours for awhile. I haven't worried about it.

It's just mineral residue from her water. She probably put it down while it was still damp after handwashing it and it dried that way.

Mine has had one since the first time I used it and it still works. It's purely cosmetic.

Mine has one too!It's across the top half of the scoop (if you are holding it vertically). Funny, I always thought it came like that! But again, as others have mentioned, it doesn't affect the function at all.

You can always contact the solutions center or send them an email. I actually prefer email, since I'll get a detailed written response that I can re-read or forward to the customer!

There may be a way to get that watermark off.

What is the best way to clean my ice cream scoop?

The best way to clean your ice cream scoop is to hand wash it with warm soapy water immediately after use. Avoid using harsh chemicals or placing it in the dishwasher, as this may damage the scoop.

What is the difference between a metal and plastic ice cream scoop?

Metal scoops are typically more durable and have sharper edges, making it easier to scoop through hard ice cream. Plastic scoops are more lightweight and may not be as sharp, but are often more affordable.

Can I use my ice cream scoop for other foods besides ice cream?

Yes, you can use your ice cream scoop for a variety of foods such as cookie dough, mashed potatoes, and even melon balls. Just make sure to wash it thoroughly in between uses.

Why does my ice cream scoop get stuck in the ice cream?

If your ice cream scoop is getting stuck, it may be due to the temperature of the ice cream. Try running your scoop under hot water before scooping, or letting the ice cream soften for a few minutes before scooping.

Do you offer any warranty or guarantee for your ice cream scoop?

At Pampered Chef, we stand behind our products and offer a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials or workmanship. If you experience any issues with your ice cream scoop, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • keynibear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • thehaleykitchen