• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About the Apple Wedger

In summary, the apple wedger is a convenient tool for slicing apples into eight even wedges. It is easy to use and can be cleaned in the dishwasher or by hand with warm soapy water. While it is designed for apples, it can also be used on other similar-sized fruits. It does not core the apple, but the wedges can easily be cored afterwards.
jesusluvsu2005
Is there a way to sharpen the blades on this? One of my hosts had this when I was doing her show and she mentioned it's not quite as sharp as it used to be. I think she's had it over the warranty period. Anything I could suggest to help her? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I don't know. I do know that mine is very sharp (my two thumbs can attest to it too - ouch!)

There is a 3 year warranty - maybe that will help.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to sharpen it. Sorry.

Ice?I wonder if somehow you could wedge ice to sharpen. That is what I have heard works for the food chooper so if it could work, perhaps it would work.

I would think ice would dull a blade. As a matter of fact, I believe the instructions for the Food Chopper say not to use it to chop ice. Could be wrong, though.

I was always told no ice for the food chopper (could bend the blades) but chopping on aluminum foil will work. Don't know how this would work for the apple wedger. I had a guest at a show recently ask me this question too. Time to call HO I guess.

Related to Question About the Apple Wedger

1. How do I use the apple wedger?

The apple wedger is very easy to use. Simply place the apple on a cutting board and press down on the wedger. The blades will cut through the apple, creating eight even wedges.

2. Is the apple wedger dishwasher safe?

Yes, the apple wedger is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water to maintain its sharpness and longevity.

3. Can I use the apple wedger on other fruits?

While the apple wedger is specifically designed for apples, it can also be used on other similar-sized fruits such as pears or peaches.

4. How do I clean the apple wedger after use?

After using the apple wedger, simply rinse it off with warm water and wipe it dry. If there is any stubborn residue, you can use a small brush or toothpick to clean out the blades.

5. Can the apple wedger also core the apple?

No, the apple wedger only creates wedges and does not core the apple. However, it can be used to easily remove the core from each wedge after cutting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarah824
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • jesusluvsu2005