• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Improving the Apple Wedger: A Look at the Pineapple Wedger's Design

In summary, the product would be improved by adding a hole in the handle so that it can be hung, adding a ranch dressing recipe, and making the lid easier to use.
I wish they would re-design the black lids for the Stainless Steel Bowls. My lids warped right away and do not stay in the bowl unless I have something heavy stacked on top. Design them in black and like the batter bowl lids perhaps?

ChefCKHall said:
I wish they would re-design the black lids for the Stainless Steel Bowls. My lids warped right away and do not stay in the bowl unless I have something heavy stacked on top. Design them in black and like the batter bowl lids perhaps?

Mine too! They curl up all the time and I cannot use them for any storage!

Me too! After several uses, I noticed the wire are dulled and sometime it's hard to remove the sliced strawberries or olives after slicing it. Seriously, I think the wire needs improvement.

Did anyone have problem with the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan? I have a hard time trying to clean it. When it sits for a long time in storage, the silicone part becomes so sticky and discolored (yellowish color from the cooking oil spray). And, it's too large to fit in my dishwasher too. Only use couple times and I never bring it with me to the show. It's disgusting!

ChefCKHall said:

Do you have the new lids or the old lids? When they first came out the lids were awful. When I got my BIG bowl, it came with the new lid and I ended up replacing the lid on the medium bowl from the set. These are MUCH better than the original lids.

One of these days I need to upgrade the small and large lids from the 3-piece set.

RE: Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan

Love this pan - wish it was all roses, tho. I NEVER use any cooking sprays for that very reason - if you don't get it all off your dish, it will leave that nasty, icky, sticky residue which doesn't seem very healthy. I've just used regular veggie oil and our silicone basting brush to "grease" the wells. If there's too much and it pools at the bottom of the well, just sop it up with a paper towel. I usually let them cool 5 minutes, invert and pop 'em out. I've only had issues with sticking once or twice, but nothing major. Hope that helps.

BarKeepers Friend is great at removing stuck-on stuff, so you might give that a try.

chefjeanine said:
Do you have the new lids or the old lids? When they first came out the lids were awful. When I got my BIG bowl, it came with the new lid and I ended up replacing the lid on the medium bowl from the set. These are MUCH better than the original lids.

One of these days I need to upgrade the small and large lids from the 3-piece set.

"new lids"? I had no idea! I'm quite sure I have "old" lids.

my lids definitely have to be from the "old batch" too...because they S---!!
I didn't even know they had "new ones"....What!!!!!??????

Yes the new lids are much sturdier. I had my original set from my bridal shower but when I earned another set in my Super Start Months (gosh it was that long ago!) they came with different lids. Got the other ones replaced when I gave my sister my first set. They are on the supply order but it wasn't anything PC announced.

gonna look into new lids. love the bowls and take them to shows...but NOT the lids!

wadesgirl said:
Yes the new lids are much sturdier. I had my original set from my bridal shower but when I earned another set in my Super Start Months (gosh it was that long ago!) they came with different lids. Got the other ones replaced when I gave my sister my first set. They are on the supply order but it wasn't anything PC announced.
Yes, they did announce it when the new lids came out cuz I bought a set! But it was probably ~2-3 years ago.

Pineapple wedger...OMG! I use it all the time but was just trying carefully to push out the pineapple with my fingers. HAHA! I guess I should read the instructions huh? Now I absolutely love this product even more!!!

<h2>1. Can the cover of the Apple Wedger be improved to prevent potential injuries?</h2><p>Yes, as mentioned in the prompt, the cover of the Apple Wedger can be redesigned to resemble the Pineapple Wedger's cover. This would help push the apple out and eliminate the risk of cutting oneself while prying it out or pressing from the bottom.</p><h2>2. Is there a way to make the Apple Wedger more efficient?</h2><p>The Apple Wedger is designed to be very efficient and easy to use. However, some users may benefit from having a larger handle or grip for better control. This is something that can be explored in future designs.</p><h2>3. Can the Apple Wedger be used for other types of fruits?</h2><p>The Apple Wedger is specifically designed for apples, but it can also be used for other round fruits such as pears or even small melons. However, it may not be suitable for larger or irregularly shaped fruits.</p><h2>4. Is the Apple Wedger dishwasher safe?</h2><p>Yes, the Apple Wedger is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand-washing it to prolong its lifespan and prevent any potential damage to the blades.</p><h2>5. Can the blades of the Apple Wedger be sharpened?</h2><p>No, the blades of the Apple Wedger are made from durable stainless steel and do not require sharpening. However, if the blades become dull over time, it may be time to replace the tool with a new one for optimal performance.</p>

1. Can the cover of the Apple Wedger be improved to prevent potential injuries?

Yes, as mentioned in the prompt, the cover of the Apple Wedger can be redesigned to resemble the Pineapple Wedger's cover. This would help push the apple out and eliminate the risk of cutting oneself while prying it out or pressing from the bottom.

2. Is there a way to make the Apple Wedger more efficient?

The Apple Wedger is designed to be very efficient and easy to use. However, some users may benefit from having a larger handle or grip for better control. This is something that can be explored in future designs.

3. Can the Apple Wedger be used for other types of fruits?

The Apple Wedger is specifically designed for apples, but it can also be used for other round fruits such as pears or even small melons. However, it may not be suitable for larger or irregularly shaped fruits.

4. Is the Apple Wedger dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Apple Wedger is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand-washing it to prolong its lifespan and prevent any potential damage to the blades.

5. Can the blades of the Apple Wedger be sharpened?

No, the blades of the Apple Wedger are made from durable stainless steel and do not require sharpening. However, if the blades become dull over time, it may be time to replace the tool with a new one for optimal performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • robbiesmom123