1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Everyone bought a pineapple wedger!!

1. robbiesmom123

robbiesmom123 Member

I went to Florida on vaca last week and had a show while I was there. We made the pineapple salsa (excellent) and I sold a wedger to everyone there. They LOVED it. It's a super product, easy to sell and not to pricey either. The secret to cutting the perfect pineapple is for it to not be too ripe. We almost thought it wasn't ripe enough (the Floridian's know more about pineapple that this PA girl) and it ended up being perfect. We had a tall table with a short guest using it and it still was awesome. I love this product!

Apr 11, 2009
  2. PCJenni

PCJenni Veteran Member

I have been selling them too.. the pork stirfry is also a great recipe to sell the wedger

Apr 11, 2009
  3. Karen

Karen Member Gold Member

OK, I'm looking for tips on getting this to work for me. I've tried it twice (both times at home) and I can not get it to cut all the way through the pineapple and I end up fighting with it to get the pineapple off the wedger. (Usually the pineapple wins, not me!)

I have cut it in half thinking that would be better, I've tried cutting it on my table which is lower than my countertop thinking that would help and I still do not have success. I'm afraid to demo it at a show and have these issues.

Thanks bunches!

Apr 11, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I have found a back and forth rocking motion to be the key. It is not straight down like the apple wedger.

5. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

ditto with the rocking motion, and when you get to the bottom I just pulled out each side by hand and then the core.

Apr 11, 2009
  6. quiverfull7

quiverfull7 Legacy Member Gold Member

Put it over the plastic cover once you have the wedger down to the bottom. Be sure to
    line up the cross piece with the cover and push. You'll go right on through with no trouble! I'm attaching a file that came from someone here that is an awesome thing to share with everyone who buys one. I LOVE this product! And I agree... the pork and pineapple stir fry is a great show recipe... put the second port tenderloin that comes in the package in the DCB, use 1/2 the pineapple for the recipe and the other 1/2 sliced for fresh fruit and you have given your host 3 items of food with the ingredients of 1 recipe. I sold 18 wedgers in March! and 18 DCB's! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT THING!

Attached Files:

Apr 11, 2009
  7. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I'm making a pineapple upside down cake tomorrow morning with fresh pineapple... I've also sold quite a few of them, and I'm hoping for a sale or two tomorrow when I talk about how great it is!

Apr 11, 2009
  8. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

For anyone who's still having trouble with it, my baby boy had a solution. Make fists with both hands and hit the handles to get it started. After that it's pretty easy to wiggle it through the pineapple.

Apr 11, 2009
Have something to add?