• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Everyone Bought a Pineapple Wedger!!

In summary, the author went to Florida and had a show while there. They made a pineapple salsa and sold a Wedger to everyone there. The secret to cutting the perfect pineapple is to not let it be too ripe. They almost thought it was not ripe enough and it turned out perfect. They had a tall table with a short guest and it still worked great. The author loves the product and recommends the pork and pineapple stir fry as a show recipe. They also recommend putting the second port tenderloin that comes in the package in the DCB and using 1/2 the pineapple for the recipe. They sold 18 wedgers in March and 18 DCB's.
robbiesmom123
I went to Florida on vaca last week and had a show while I was there. We made the pineapple salsa (excellent) and I sold a wedger to everyone there. They LOVED it. It's a super product, easy to sell and not to pricey either. The secret to cutting the perfect pineapple is for it to not be too ripe. We almost thought it wasn't ripe enough (the Floridian's know more about pineapple that this PA girl) and it ended up being perfect. We had a tall table with a short guest using it and it still was awesome. I love this product!

I have been selling them too.. the pork stirfry is also a great recipe to sell the wedger

OK, I'm looking for tips on getting this to work for me. I've tried it twice (both times at home) and I can not get it to cut all the way through the pineapple and I end up fighting with it to get the pineapple off the wedger. (Usually the pineapple wins, not me!)

I have cut it in half thinking that would be better, I've tried cutting it on my table which is lower than my countertop thinking that would help and I still do not have success. I'm afraid to demo it at a show and have these issues.

Thanks bunches!

I have found a back and forth rocking motion to be the key. It is not straight down like the apple wedger.

ditto with the rocking motion, and when you get to the bottom I just pulled out each side by hand and then the core.

Put it over the plastic cover once you have the wedger down to the bottom. Be sure to
line up the cross piece with the cover and push. You'll go right on through with no trouble! I'm attaching a file that came from someone here that is an awesome thing to share with everyone who buys one. I LOVE this product! And I agree... the pork and pineapple stir fry is a great show recipe... put the second port tenderloin that comes in the package in the DCB, use 1/2 the pineapple for the recipe and the other 1/2 sliced for fresh fruit and you have given your host 3 items of food with the ingredients of 1 recipe. I sold 18 wedgers in March! and 18 DCB's! I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT THING!

Attachments

• PC Pineapple Wedger Tips Sheet.doc
    430.5 KB · Views: 554
I'm making a pineapple upside down cake tomorrow morning with fresh pineapple... I've also sold quite a few of them, and I'm hoping for a sale or two tomorrow when I talk about how great it is!

For anyone who's still having trouble with it, my baby boy had a solution. Make fists with both hands and hit the handles to get it started. After that it's pretty easy to wiggle it through the pineapple.

1. What is a pineapple wedger and how does it work?

A pineapple wedger is a kitchen tool designed specifically for cutting and coring pineapples. It consists of a handle and a circular blade with sharp edges. To use, simply cut off the top of the pineapple, place the wedger over the fruit, and push down firmly. The blade will core and cut the pineapple into perfect wedges.

2. Is the pineapple wedger easy to clean?

Yes, the pineapple wedger is very easy to clean. Most models are dishwasher safe, but you can also hand wash it with warm soapy water and a sponge. Just be sure to dry it thoroughly before storing.

3. Can the pineapple wedger be used for other fruits?

While the pineapple wedger is specifically designed for pineapples, it can also be used for other fruits such as mangos and melons. However, the size and shape of the fruit may affect the quality of the wedges.

4. Is the pineapple wedger safe to use?

Yes, the pineapple wedger is safe to use as long as it is used as directed. The blades are sharp, so it is important to use caution when handling and cleaning the tool. Keep away from children and always use with adult supervision.

5. Can I get replacement blades for my pineapple wedger?

Some models of pineapple wedgers come with replacement blades, while others do not. If your wedger does not come with replacements, you may be able to purchase them separately from the manufacturer or a third-party seller. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for replacing blades to ensure safety and proper functioning of the tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • Kathy Friedman
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
  • AnnieBee