• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer Question

In summary, the mini-wrench allows the user to loosen the coring/slicing blade, then swing out of position for peeling function only. The apple must be firm for it to slice and core.
jesusluvsu2005
I have a question about this item. I don't have it and a customer asked me so I wanted to check here. She'd like to know if it's posible to just peel and core the apple? Not slice it? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

Not that I know of. I love, love, love mine! Apple pies are a snap. It comes out in one long slice that you have to further slice. It's hard to explain, but it's one continuous ring thing.

there is a part that you adjust to not peel, you can move the corer/slicer part to just peel, but I am pretty sure you can't peel & core..............

I'd suggest The Corer and Serrated Peeler for that.

Yes, you can just peel it. From the Product Info Guide -

Mini-wrench: Allows user to loosen coring/slicing blade, then
swing out of position for peeling function only.

jrodeo said:
Not that I know of. I love, love, love mine! Apple pies are a snap. It comes out in one long slice that you have to further slice. It's hard to explain, but it's one continuous ring thing.

Like curly q's.... which is what we use it for more than apples, I use it to make curly q's. Potatoe instead of apple. I have also used it on cucumbers to fancy a salad.

if you don't know what a curly q is go to arbys.com and click on menu and then sides...

You can just peel, but not peel and core without slicing. There is one blade that basically does the peeling and slicing, so it's kinda all or nothing there.

Ok. I have a question too. I tried to use this thing last night. I've had it for several years and haven't had much luck with it. I got it to peel but it wouldn't ever slice. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Anybody got a vidoe of how to do it?

You have to make sure the apple is going through the circular hole at the end. If that isn't in place, it won't slice and core. Also, I found a "thick" slider rod on the Outlet. This cuts the apples a bit thicker.Jackie

yeah, i bought that too but haven't gotten the regular one to work just right. It's pealing, just not fully coring and slicing.

JackieBozeman said:
You have to make sure the apple is going through the circular hole at the end. If that isn't in place, it won't slice and core. Also, I found a "thick" slider rod on the Outlet. This cuts the apples a bit thicker.

Jackie

Make sure that the slicing/coring blade on the end is lined up with the prongs that hold the apple. Without an apple on the prongs, it should run right through the center of the coring blade. If it's not centered right, you'll need a wrench to loosen the nut on the end and put the blade where it needs to be.

The other really important trick is to turn the crank really quickly. You want to peel/core at top speed. And your apple must be firm.

And I think this one got answered but, you can't core the apple without slicing the apple.
HTH

1. How does the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer work?

The Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is a manual kitchen tool designed to easily peel, core, and slice apples in one smooth motion. Simply place an apple on the prongs and turn the handle, the sharp blades will peel, core, and slice the apple in one continuous spiral.

2. Can the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer be used on other fruits?

While the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is specifically designed for apples, it can also be used on other round fruits such as pears and potatoes. However, the results may vary and it may not work as efficiently as it does with apples.

3. Is the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing it with warm soapy water and drying it thoroughly to prolong its lifespan.

4. Does the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer come with any safety features?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer has a safety cover that covers the blades when not in use, preventing any accidental cuts. It also has a suction base that keeps the tool stable while in use, reducing the risk of it slipping and causing injury.

5. Can the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer be used by left-handed individuals?

Yes, the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer can be used by both left and right-handed individuals. The handle can be easily switched to accommodate both preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahjmpc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Rosechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • LUVANTIQS