• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Switching Consultants...

I would try to have an open dialogue with the Director to see what can be worked out. You definately don't want to step on those toes!!!!I know it is too late for this show, but I guess my main question is, If a show is booked with one consultant, can the host switch to another consultant if she wants to? If she does switch, does the original host that the show was booked from still get the host special? My director knew that she wanted to switch to someone in her downline....should I say something to her or just let it slide?I know it is too late for this show, but I guess my main question is, If a show is booked with one consultant, can the
chefmendy
Hello Ladies, I am a fairly new consultant (6 months) & have a question. A friend of mine booked a show with another consultant before she new that I was a consultant. When she found out that I was a consultant, she told the original consultant that she wanted to do her show with me. The consultant told her no, that she could not switch. Is that true? My friend was at another show I did last week & after the show she told me about this & how sorry she was that I couldn't do her show. The invites have already been sent & she said that the only reason she was doing the show was to get the consultant off her back. I guess she calls her every month wanting to know when she wants to have her show, even though my friend told her she didn't want to do it with her but with me.... What should I do? Also, the worst part....this other consultant is my director!!!!! Thanks!

Ouch!!That's a rough spot!! The only thing the host can do--which really isn't nice--is cancel with her current consultant and just not have that show. Then set up another date with you later. Since the other consultant is your director, maybe you could run interference and talk to her for the host. That director really should be willing to let the show go to you. She may not understand that it is going to be with a consultant in her downline. Another compromise, is to suggest that you do the show together. Almost as a training exercise for you.

I would try to have an open dialogue with the Director to see what can be worked out. You definately don't want to step on those toes!!!!

I know it is too late for this show, but I guess my main question is, If a show is booked with one consultant, can the host switch to another consultant if she wants to? If she does switch, does the original host that the show was booked from still get the host special? My director knew that she wanted to switch to someone in her downline....should I say something to her or just let it slide?

chefmendy said:
I know it is too late for this show, but I guess my main question is, If a show is booked with one consultant, can the host switch to another consultant if she wants to? If she does switch, does the original host that the show was booked from still get the host special? My director knew that she wanted to switch to someone in her downline....should I say something to her or just let it slide?

I wonder if that is why she said NO. Cause of the host special thing. She should just do the show I think with her and do future shows with you.

I'm not sure if that original host would still get the booking bonus if the show is held with a different consultant. That's probably a question for the HO to find out for sure. Wow, that's a huge bummer! There's no "rule" about who a host has to have a show through. If she wants to change, she should be able to. I guess it depends on the personality of the individual consultant that originally booked a show. I had a potential host interested in booking a show, but she didn't have a date she could do it at the show where I met her. So, I called her later to follow up and find a date. At that time she told me one of her friends had just become a consultant and she felt loyalty to her friend to have it with her. I totally understood! And that consultant wasn't even in MY downline. I would think that your Director should just be happy that the show would be in her line. She'd still get "something" from it in terms of the override on your sales. I guess she just doesn't see it that way.

Really it's up to your friend how much she wants to "fight" this. If she really wants to have it through you then she can cancel with the other consultant. I'm just saying "what if" but what if this friend does have the show with your Director and actually wants to become a consultant herself. Then that gets sticky. It would be really rude of your Director to recruit her knowing that you're good friends with her. Oh well, that's just a "what if." I would make sure your director understands that this woman is a close friend of yours. Good luck....let us know what happens!

This is a tough spot. But, you stated that the invitations have already been sent. The other consultant has put time and money into the show. I would tell her to do the show with the other consultant...and do a great job...and then when she is ready to do another show she can book with you. Think about how you would feel if you had a show on your calendar and then the host says "I don't want you to do my show I want someone else to do it". Your director may need this show for her qualifications... Something to think about.

Shawnna

Wow, my director handled things much differently. I've never had that *exact* situation, however when I signed up my Director pointed me in the direction of getting bookings from my friends that had previously booked through her.

My Director's words were that this isn't a competition between Consultants, that for her, if someone wants to book with another consultant in her downline, she really welcomes it. For one, it gives the host a change of pace and maybe a different type of show. Also, there is always business out there and to have her downline be successful is a goal of hers.

I hope you can get it resolved peacefully.

Here is my take on it. I have done big ticket sales for years (furniture) and commision gets tricky. However, you don't own your customers! If a customer would rather do business with someone else than they should have the right to do that. I would never knowingly go after someone that had a show scheduled with another consultant, but it is ultimately her choice! And yes I believe the host could still get the benifit. Because it is just recorded by how many bookings they had.

I did have this come up recently, I encouraged the host to go ahead with that show, and then talk to me about doing a show in the future. She signed with me last week!

Way to go Shana. I am in the process of signing my first recruit. It is kind of exciting. You are right. The customer can do what she wants. The consultant does not have any rights to them. I like the way you handled your situation. In chefmindy's situation it is hard because the other consultant is her upline. So, she wants to keep a good relationship going. We are not suppose to be competing with each other. We are suppose to be helping each other. That is a part of what The Pampered Chef is all about. I really appreciate all the help I get on this site.

Shawnna

chefmendy said:

My Director told me another consultant can do a show and the past host can still get her credit. She said if I had a show and I got sick, I could pass it to my recruit and it wouldn't effect the host or the one she had booked off of. I'm assuming she knows what she is talking about. She's been in PC for over 20 years, BUT she hasn't been real active in the last couple because of caring for a sick parent. If the rules have changed, it's possible she may not know. Wouldn't be the first time she's told me something that you guys have corrected me on! ;)

Hello! I have been reading this site for a while, but this is my first post. I hope I do not mess it up.

I have a friend who attended a show with another consultant. She wanted to host a show with me, but was hoping the other host would get credit. I called HO about it and was told the 60% host bonus follows the host, not the consultant. Therefore she could book with me and the other host would get credit. I contacted the other consultant so she could add my friend's name to the other host's show. I was lucky that it was not awkward because the other consultant is my friend and director! Her philosophy has always been I should be my friends' consultant. As a matter of fact, when I signed with her she specifically told me that I should be the consultant for one of my friends, who always books a January show. My friend just held her 5th annual show this January, which was her third with me!

Chef Lisa is exactly right! The host booking benefit like the past host discount number follows the host. So as long as any shows that were booked at her show hold, she gets the host special. It follows her, not the consultant.

Wow, I think that is totally shady that your director won't give you the booking who is your friend! My gosh!

What she is doing is totally NOT in the sprit of what PC is about.

And yes, the booking benefit follows the host.

I know...there are already a lot of posts here...but I just had to share my OUTRAGE!! I can not believe YOUR DIRECTOR told someone that they could not book with another consultant! I give her 2 thumbs down!! :eek: What a load of hooey!! WOW, I still can't believe that! Just had to voice my disgust with what happened! :mad:

I as a Director, always believe that my team members friends, family and such are their hosts and leads, even if I have done shows in the past. As a matter of fact, I just gave a new consultant in my downline (2nd line) a recruit lead that I had been working with for 6 months. I knew this recruit lead was her friend and this would help her build her team, which in turn...helps me! Aren't we all here to help eachother succeed??? :confused:

Thanks for all your support ladies! I just wanted to clarify that my friend says that she told my director 2 - 3 months ago that she wanted to have her show with me but was told that she couldn't switch consultants from whom the show was booked. So she was just not going to have the show, but she said that my director wouldn't stop calling her so she went ahead & scheduled the show so that my director would leave her alone. (This is the 2nd person that has told me that she booked a show with her so that she would stop callling) My friend didn't tell me this until last weekend & the invites were already sent out. I NEVER thought about asking my friend to cancel. I just told her that I thought she could have changed consultants, that I was sorry she hadn't mentioned it to me sooner & to have a good show & enjoy her free products.
I think that I am going to ask my director about this...trying to keep it non-confrontational...just so that she knows that I know about it so that it doesn't happen again!

Mendy

At this point, I would ask your director for any bookings from that show. Since the invites are already out, it's unlikely she's going to give you this one. But you should DEFINITELY get the bookings.

Question 1: Can I switch consultants after placing an order?

Yes, you can switch consultants after placing an order. However, the original consultant will still receive commission for that order. If you would like to switch consultants for future orders, please contact our customer service team.

Question 2: How do I switch consultants?

To switch consultants, simply contact our customer service team and provide them with the name and information of the new consultant you would like to switch to. They will assist you with the process.

Question 3: Will my orders be affected if I switch consultants?

No, your orders will not be affected if you switch consultants. Your account information and order history will remain the same.

Question 4: Can I switch consultants more than once?

Yes, you can switch consultants more than once. However, we encourage you to choose a consultant you feel comfortable with and stick with them for a more personalized shopping experience.

Question 5: What happens to my host rewards if I switch consultants?

If you switch consultants before your host rewards are redeemed, they will stay with the original consultant. If you have already redeemed your host rewards, they cannot be transferred to a new consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lilamyw3