• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets

In summary, the scalloped bread tube is a heart-shaped tube that is used to cut out bread dough. This recipe is from a Season's Best Cookbook and is for Tartlets. There are other shapes of bread tubes that are available, such as a crinkle-cut tube and an ice cream sandwich maker. This recipe can also be done using the muffin stone.
SusanBP0129
I am dying to make these.....however, I do not have the scalloped bread tube...my bread tube is heart shaped....suggestions??

Use the cut 'n seal?

GREAT idea!! Thanks Kate!! :)

I dont have either the Cut n' Seal or the Scalloped Bread tube, I just used a glass to cut out mine. I love this recipe!!! It's delicious and sooooo easy! Instead of making a pumpkin pie this year, I am making these. My family loves them!!

Jaye

That is a good idea! You could cut the crust out in crinkle shapes. Good thinking. I love my bread tube!! I just bought a new one because mine was old and rusty. I didn't realize that my old one wasn't the one in the catalog! I guess I had the flower tube. I almost always sell at least one at every show. I know it's not a big $, but they do add up. There is a post on here somewhere with a bunch of bread tube recipes. I emailed it out to all of my customers and one girl emailed me with an order for one and said she was going to order more closer to Christmas to get some for her friends.

Did you all know that you can put gooey bread mixes in them? My director told me this at our last meeting. You just have to cut about 4 small squares of parchment paper to go on each end of the tube, then put the lid over them. Does that make sense? 4 layers on each end of the tube.

Hmmmm....so perhaps I *need* (LOL) to order the scalloped bread tube sometime soon, Jennnifer? :)

I would!! I love mine, but I also babysit for 5 kids, so mine gets used for cutting out sandwiches as well as making bread. If I'm not using it at my shows for the Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets, then I'm making bread in it for either the hot pizza dip or the Tex-Mex Chicken melts (both are in All the Best). I get requests for those two a lot!! I just wish they still carried the other shapes! I would probably sell a lot more.

Where do I find this recipe?

Click on files. I just found it. Looks like it was posted yesterday!

You could also use the Ice Cream Sandwich Maker to cut these out. Or the kids cookie cutters.

Here is what I emailed out.

Attachments

• Bread Tube recipes and ideas.doc
    30 KB · Views: 452
Thanks!! :)

What cookbook is this recipe in? I was hoping to see a picture.

The clear part of the Measure All Cup is a perfect size to cut dough to fit the mini muffin pan.

Wow what a wonderful way to start my morning with all these GREAT hints. Thanks Jennifer for posting the recipe sheets. I'm thinking about adding this idea to my show for Holiday gift giving ideas.

jenf said:

I don't think it is in a big cookbook - it was in a Season's Best Cookbook - I want to say the Winter 2002 S/B?
These are awesome! I made them all then time for shows back then - I'll have to dust off that recipe for Nov. shows!

TartletsCould you please post the reicpe? I don't have that book.

Here you go!

Attachments

• Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets.doc
    20 KB · Views: 374
dont try to make the shells in the mini muffin pan. BURT AND DISFORMED! what did i do wrong? I thought you could do it in there.

OMG thanks for sharing they sound wonderful, I think I'll make them at my next show!!

sarahmarie said:
dont try to make the shells in the mini muffin pan. BURT AND DISFORMED! what did i do wrong? I thought you could do it in there.

I've always done mine it the muffin stone......For one thing, I think you would have to make the shells smaller for the mini-muffin pan, and then not bake them as long.;)

sarahmarie said:

I've always done mine in the muffin stone......For one thing, I think you would have to make the shells smaller for the mini-muffin pan, and then not bake them as long.;)

That looks like an awesome recipe! I think I'll double it and bring it to my company's holiday party.

They are yummy, sort of a moussey pie. mmm.......

jenf said:

SB...F/W 2002.:)

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't think it is in a big cookbook - it was in a Season's Best Cookbook - I want to say the Winter 2002 S/B?
These are awesome! I made them all then time for shows back then - I'll have to dust off that recipe for Nov. shows!

While you're dusting off books...do you have SB F/W 2003...the Holiday Pinwheel Wreath:cool: I'm gonna give it a try.;)

Has anyone successfully made these in the mini muffin pan? I know Sara posted earlier about her disaster! Want to make them for my open house tomorrow but only have the 6 cup muffin pan. Let me know!

Related to Question About Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets

1. How do I make the spiced pumpkin tartlets?

To make the spiced pumpkin tartlets, you will need the following ingredients: 1 package of refrigerated pie crust, 1 can of pumpkin puree, 3/4 cup of sugar, 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans. Roll out the pie crust and use a cookie cutter to cut out circles that fit into a muffin tin. In a separate bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, and heavy cream. Pour the mixture into the pie crust circles and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

2. Can I use a different type of crust for the tartlets?

Yes, you can use any type of crust that you prefer for the tartlets. You can use a homemade crust or a different type of pre-made crust. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

3. How many tartlets does this recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 12 tartlets. However, it may vary depending on the size of your muffin tin and the thickness of your crust.

4. Can I make the tartlets ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the tartlets ahead of time. After they have cooled, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Before serving, you can reheat them in the oven for a few minutes to make them warm and crispy again.

5. Can I use a different type of nut instead of pecans?

Yes, you can use a different type of nut instead of pecans. Walnuts or almonds can be used as a substitute for pecans. You can also omit the nuts altogether if you have a nut allergy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rebeccastt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • gothim0802
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Chefgirl2