• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Slap Your Mama Margaritas

...I would think that the strawberry would work, my only concern with subbing in this particular margarita recipe is the Corona, not sure how that's going to co-exist with the strawberry... it automatically goes with lime, but not sure on the strawberry, but I would be very curious to find out!
scavallero
Just wondering if anyone has tried the frozen strawberry instead of frozen limeade? Does it affect the taste? My host would like strawberry margarita.

I like Margaritas! show me the recipe and I'll try both! "hic" and let you know!

if she wants a margarita you have to use limeade... if you just use strawberry it would be more of a dauquri... but if you mix 1/2 and 1/2 ... TA DA Strawberry Margarita :)

You can get flavored margaritas at restaurants...so if you are using the same alcohol- why wouldn't it be a strawberry margarita?
I did a google search for Strawberry Margarita recipes. Some didn't use limeade..a few did still use limeade, and added strawberries- but those recipes were being blended with a blender. I would probably try getting a frozen Strawberry mix from the store- see if they HAVE a strawberry margarita mix already done. I know they do for daiquiri...they may for margaritas as well. Then substitute that for the limeade. Either way- it will probably taste great.I've not tried it- but sounds like I should! I've got a LONG booth event this week/weekend..so I may give it a shot later this week! :D

Thanks for your suggestions. I just don't want to make a whole pitcher for myself to try it......or do I? I guess I will try the half and half that sounds good. If anyone tries it let me know. THanks.

Other than the Tequila, most of the ingredients are pretty cheap, IMHO. You have to buy a 6-pack of corona's anyway. And you CAN cut the tequila back to save $$ and the risk of a headache later! :D Speaking from experience!! I typically just use about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of the Tequila when I'm the one who will be drinking it. Can't tell the difference in taste to me.

I think the main difference between daquiries and margaritas is rum and tequilla... I would think that the strawberry would work, my only concern with subbing in this particular margarita recipe is the Corona, not sure how that's going to co-exist with the strawberry... it automatically goes with lime, but not sure on the strawberry, but I would be very curious to find out! Let us know if you try it!

I have made this recipe and made them strawberry. I just used one can of 7up and one can of strawberry soda. THe rest of the ingredients were the same. My host and guests RAVED about them and have commented to me several times that it's the only recipe they use now!

Wow! The lime flavors of the Corona and the Limeade go with the Strawberry soda? Great tip- thanks!!!

Is the recipe (original one) for the regular Quick Stip Pitcher or the Family Quick Stir?

The QSP accommodates one recipe (like for me and my sister) but the family size QSP will hold 2-3 recipes if you have a party. I usually do 2 recipes in the FS QSP twice for a total of four batches. Hope that makes sense.​

I prefer the strawberry myself. So very tasty. I don't change anything other than using the strawberry mix for the limeade.

And correct, the main difference between margaritas and daquaris is tequilla and rum

What ingredients do I need to make Slap Your Mama Margaritas?

To make Slap Your Mama Margaritas, you will need tequila, triple sec, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice.

How do I make simple syrup?

To make simple syrup, mix equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Let it cool before using in your margaritas.

Can I use a different type of alcohol instead of tequila?

Yes, you can use a different type of alcohol such as vodka or rum to make your margaritas. However, the taste and overall flavor profile may be different.

Can I make a non-alcoholic version of Slap Your Mama Margaritas?

Yes, you can make a non-alcoholic version by omitting the tequila and triple sec and replacing them with equal parts of orange juice and club soda.

Do I need a special type of glass to serve Slap Your Mama Margaritas?

While margarita glasses are traditionally used, any type of glassware can be used to serve Slap Your Mama Margaritas. Just make sure it is large enough to hold the drink and has a salted rim if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindagilbert
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Jenni