• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question about Slap your mama margaritas

scavallero

May 9, 2009
Just wondering if anyone has tried the frozen strawberry instead of frozen limeade? Does it affect the taste? My host would like strawberry margarita.

J

Judybabe

I like Margaritas! show me the recipe and I'll try both! "hic" and let you know!

crysboo

Novice Member
Jun 4, 2009
if she wants a margarita you have to use limeade... if you just use strawberry it would be more of a dauquri... but if you mix 1/2 and 1/2 ... TA DA Strawberry Margarita :)

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
You can get flavored margaritas at restaurants...so if you are using the same alcohol- why wouldn't it be a strawberry margarita?
I did a google search for Strawberry Margarita recipes. Some didn't use limeade..a few did still use limeade, and added strawberries- but those recipes were being blended with a blender. I would probably try getting a frozen Strawberry mix from the store- see if they HAVE a strawberry margarita mix already done. I know they do for daiquiri...they may for margaritas as well. Then substitute that for the limeade. Either way- it will probably taste great.

I've not tried it- but sounds like I should! I've got a LONG booth event this week/weekend..so I may give it a shot later this week! :D

scavallero

May 9, 2009
Thanks for your suggestions. I just don't want to make a whole pitcher for myself to try it......or do I? I guess I will try the half and half that sounds good. If anyone tries it let me know. THanks.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Other than the Tequila, most of the ingredients are pretty cheap, IMHO. You have to buy a 6-pack of corona's anyway. And you CAN cut the tequila back to save $$ and the risk of a headache later! :D Speaking from experience!! I typically just use about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of the Tequila when I'm the one who will be drinking it. Can't tell the difference in taste to me.

ChefPaulaB

Veteran Member
May 19, 2008
I think the main difference between daquiries and margaritas is rum and tequilla... I would think that the strawberry would work, my only concern with subbing in this particular margarita recipe is the Corona, not sure how that's going to co-exist with the strawberry... it automatically goes with lime, but not sure on the strawberry, but I would be very curious to find out! Let us know if you try it!

jenwallace

Gold Member
Jul 13, 2006
I have made this recipe and made them strawberry. I just used one can of 7up and one can of strawberry soda. THe rest of the ingredients were the same. My host and guests RAVED about them and have commented to me several times that it's the only recipe they use now!

cookin to the top

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2008
Wow! The lime flavors of the Corona and the Limeade go with the Strawberry soda? Great tip- thanks!!!

TrishPCMommy

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2009
Is the recipe (original one) for the regular Quick Stip Pitcher or the Family Quick Stir?

LeslieSGI

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
The QSP accommodates one recipe (like for me and my sister) but the family size QSP will hold 2-3 recipes if you have a party. I usually do 2 recipes in the FS QSP twice for a total of four batches. Hope that makes sense.​

ajhunt2

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2009
I prefer the strawberry myself. So very tasty. I don't change anything other than using the strawberry mix for the limeade.

And correct, the main difference between margaritas and daquaris is tequilla and rum

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefLissa
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies
Views