• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Clubhouse Chicken Squares

When doing a brownie-based recipe I do cook it at home so that it is COMPLETELY cooled....it's easier to remember to trade out the brownie mix because I can toss it in my crate when I get home from work. Otherwise, I always make the crust in advance and take it already baked. It does need to cool thoroughly, so that the cream cheese mixture doesn't tear up the crust when it's spread on.
jesusluvsu2005
Hi everyone! One of my hosts chose this recipe. However, I never noticed that it said to chill 30 minutes. Do you all chill it? Any tips on oing a demo with this recipe? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

Here's the recipe

Clubhouse Chicken Squares
Preheat oven to 375. Preheat oven to 375. Unroll 1 package of crescent rolls across on end of bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat using a second package of crescent roll dough. Seal perforations and press up sides to form crust. Bake 10-12 minutes and remove from oven. Cool Completely. Next, combine 1 package cream cheese, 2 tbs mayo, 1 garlic clove pressed, and 1 tsp dill mix. Spread cream cheese mixture over crust. Top cream cheese with 1 can chunk white chicken. Top with thinly sliced cucumber, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar, and crumbled bacon. Chill 30 minutes. Cut into squares.

When I make it for a show, I just serve right away, but tell my customers that it tastes even better after it has been chilled a little while. They taste yummy right away thought, so you'd be o.k.

I have never chilled it. I made this until I got sick of it when I first started, ha!

I always do this demo for Bridal Showers - and have the Bride do the demo with me. It's a personal favorite at our house, and I've never chilled it before eating it - usually don't have any left to chill, either!

I have never chilled it. I used to prepare the recipes before my shows and always had it sitting out until the end of the show.

Never chilled it. Tastes great.

I'm with you all - I've never chilled it until there MIGHT be leftovers... chilling it makes the bacon not so terribly crisp. :)

It's very yummy! I like the chicken club ring too.

--Kristin

ChefBeckyD said:
I always do this demo for Bridal Showers - and have the Bride do the demo with me. It's a personal favorite at our house, and I've never chilled it before eating it - usually don't have any left to chill, either!

Me too :) I did a bridal shower this past Saturday and did this recipe. I have NEVER chilled it at a show. I just tell them that you can chill it. Same as any other PC recipe that recommends chilling...like some of the brownie-based recipes.

I have never chilled it either...but oh my word...I LOVE this one!!

Do most of you use the canned chicken or regular cooked chicken. I've never cared for canned chicken flavor. Just wondered if it would be better with fresh. Thanks!

I'm confused about the crust :confused:

At a party, if you're making the crust and it has to cool completely, how long does that cooling process take?

Or...do you serve it warm, or make the crust before the party?

Thanks in advance!

jesusluvsu2005 said:
Do most of you use the canned chicken or regular cooked chicken. I've never cared for canned chicken flavor. Just wondered if it would be better with fresh. Thanks!
I make it with fresh cooked chicken all the time. Either cooked in the grill pan, or poached in the Micro Cooker.

CookingwithMary said:
At a party, if you're making the crust and it has to cool completely, how long does that cooling process take?

Or...do you serve it warm, or make the crust before the party?

Thanks in advance!
I usually make the crust in advance and take it already baked. It does need to cool thoroughly, so that the cream cheese mixture doesn't tear up the crust when it's spread on.

chefann said:
I make it with fresh cooked chicken all the time. Either cooked in the grill pan, or poached in the Micro Cooker.
OR cooked in the DCB!I usually make the crust in advance and take it already baked. It does need to cool thoroughly, so that the cream cheese mixture doesn't tear up the crust when it's spread on. I have the host trade out Crescent Roll dough with me.
Yeah - what Ann said!:thumbup:

Thanks Ann, I was wondering about the 'melt factor'.

I used to bake the crust at home and trade crescent dough with the host but found myself forgetting to take home the dough or had somewhere else to go and couldn't put the dough in a fridge quickly after I left.

Now I just bake it as soon as I step in the door, then finish setting up. It isn't completely cooled but it works out okay. Haven't had trouble with the cream cheese tearing up the crust.

When doing a brownie-based recipe I do cook it at home so that it is COMPLETELY cooled....it's easier to remember to trade out the brownie mix because I can toss it in my crate when I get there.

GeorgiaPeach said:
I used to bake the crust at home and trade crescent dough with the host but found myself forgetting to take home the dough or had somewhere else to go and couldn't put the dough in a fridge quickly after I left.

Now I just bake it as soon as I step in the door, then finish setting up. It isn't completely cooled but it works out okay. Haven't had trouble with the cream cheese tearing up the crust.

When doing a brownie-based recipe I do cook it at home so that it is COMPLETELY cooled....it's easier to remember to trade out the brownie mix because I can toss it in my crate when I get there.

LOL - here in Michigan, that is rarely a problem, since 9 months out of the year, my car can double as a refrigerator!:D :D :D

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - here in Michigan, that is rarely a problem, since 9 months out of the year, my car can double as a refrigerator!:D :D :D

I can totally relate :) We've only lived in the oven....I mean, Georgia....for 4 years. I was born and raised in Ohio!

What we need in this climate is a PC recipe :chef: that cooks in the hot car on the way to a show!

I just write off the cost of the crescent rolls. I bake it at home but would always forget to get the crescents from the host. So I just started telling the host I would bring the crust prebaked and never worried about it.

I too don't like how it tastes when it's cold out of the fridge, I like the crust nice and soft, not chewy like it gets when it's cold.

I too bake mine at home and just take home the host's crescent rolls. A little tip I got from another fellow pc'er was to put my car keys in the fridge next to the crescent rolls so I wouldn't forget to take them home - which I was ALWAYS doing!! Same thing with cookie crusts. I always tell them when I get there what I'm doing and they get it...but it never fails that someone else will open the fridge and be like, "ummmm, did you know that there are car keys in your refrigerator?" It's always funny to explain!
This recipe is truly one of my favs to fix because of the amount of products it shows and it tastes good year 'round. Oh, and I've never chilled it after fixing it either. (don't think I read the recipe very good either, because I honestly don't even remember seeing that!!! :D)

I never chill mine either - No one has ever complained and the bar pan always ends up empty. Great recipe!! I also do mine as soon as I get in the door. The time I'm setting up and greeting my guests allows enough cool time.

Related to Question About Clubhouse Chicken Squares

1. What ingredients do I need to make Clubhouse Chicken Squares?

To make Clubhouse Chicken Squares, you will need 2 packages of crescent rolls, 1 can of chicken, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of chopped onion, 1/4 cup of chopped green pepper, 2 tablespoons of milk, and 1 teaspoon of dried dill weed.

2. Can I use fresh chicken instead of canned chicken?

Yes, you can use cooked and shredded fresh chicken instead of canned chicken in this recipe. Simply substitute 1 cup of shredded cooked chicken for the canned chicken.

3. How do I assemble the Clubhouse Chicken Squares?

To assemble the Clubhouse Chicken Squares, roll out the crescent roll dough and press the seams together to form a rectangle. In a separate bowl, mix together the chicken, cheese, mayonnaise, onion, green pepper, milk, and dill. Spread the mixture onto the dough and then roll it up, starting from the long side. Cut the roll into slices and place them on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.

4. Can I make these ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Clubhouse Chicken Squares ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. Simply cover them with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate until ready to bake.

5. Can I freeze the Clubhouse Chicken Squares?

Yes, you can freeze the Clubhouse Chicken Squares after baking them. Once they have cooled, place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then warm them up in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cassie1037
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • LisaAnn
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • apriljc