• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Q about Fundraisers

ChefBeth2

Mar 21, 2006
I'm a new consultant (yahoooo!!!) and I have 6 catalog shows scheduled for May... almost all of them want to do it as a fundraiser for the "Help Whip Cancer" campaign. I was recently told that when a Host chooses to do a fundraiser that she gives up her Host Rewards and is only eligible for the Host Monthly Special at 60% off. But, as a new consultant I want to do as much for my Hosts as possible! I would like them to do a Fundraiser AND enjoy Host Benefits! Is that possible? Can I just give up part of my commission instead of taking away from their host benefits?

I do not even have my kit yet... should be getting it next week! But I need to get everything ready to send to Hosts next week so they have ample time to get the catalogs around for their show.

Thanks for a quick response!

Beth in PA
Brand-spanking New Consultant!!!!!!!

R

RachelNguyen

Wow, Beth! Congratulations!

Since the best percentage they could get is only 10 or 15%, you certainly could offer to give them that from your commission, in addition to the host benefits. It would mean, though, that you would earn a lot less on your sales. Or, you could offer to give them a free product as a thank you gift and keep at least some of your commission. I might give them the small saute pan so you can earn panorama points while you are at it! LOL.

This is your business! You get to decide how you want to work it. (I just thought of another cool option: have a raffle at the end of the month for all your hosts and give them something really big, like the 5 or 7 piece executive set! You could give smaller prizes too!)

Good Luck!

ChefBeth2

Mar 21, 2006
Thanks, Rachel -- so here's what I think I hear you saying -- let's say that I schedule all 6 shows as just regular Catalog Shows. Then the Host would get all the benefits! And, then I could just make a personal donation of 10% of my commissions to the American Cancer Society?

Wow! That sounds like a solution!!!

Thanks!

Beth in PA