• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PV Newswire: Conference Club Subscriber Seeks Answers

In summary, the Conference Club that was offered to me last year did not help me when it came to being able to fund my attendance. I contacted HO and they told me that nothing has been planned as of now. It is a bad feeling not to have anything planned. I am hoping that this year something will be planned because I really want to go.
otisbg
Gold Member
I subscribed to Conference Club for the last year and that helped me be able to fund my attendance. I signed up last August 2009 for this past Conference. It is now Sept. 9th, I contacted HO and they told me that nothing has been planned as of now....Not a good feeling. I got a response from the meetings & conference part of the solution center and Peggy stated that she has been asking since the end of this past conference. All I have been told is to keep reading the PV Newswire:(

Ohhh I hope they have Conference Club again this year!! It was nice knowing that if I didn't earn it (which I didn't), it would be paid for anyway!! I'll be sad if they don't have it!

I was wondering why it was taking so long. Sort of forgot about it until now.

What is conference club? I just hit my 90 days yesterday and have never heard of this.

You can have a certain $$ deducted from each commission check - or once a month and it is set aside for conference registration. Some even have more taken out and it is enough to pay for travel & hotel. If you do not go to conference- they will send you a check....or maybe you will win conference registration...and then can use the money to spend. It is a great budgeting help to those of us who lack will power. :balloon:

How do I go about signing up? I just found out we are moving across country (last night) and we will only be about 2.5 hours from conference so there is no question that I will be there. Having the money for it would be nice :)

I never thought about taking more out for travel expenses! LOL!

hcjeep said:
How do I go about signing up? I just found out we are moving across country (last night) and we will only be about 2.5 hours from conference so there is no question that I will be there. Having the money for it would be nice :)

We don't know yet. That's the whole point of this post. There has been no information yet about it for this year.

I've been wondering about this myself. I think I'm going to start setting aside funds now. I'm also going to email the HO and ask about it.

I think if we all start emailing HO we may get results. I give you credit Rae, as I am not the "setting funds aside" type :p - for some reason, I always know where those funds are. I live best by the adage - out of sight - out of mind!:sing:

It would be a real shame if they did away w/ CC this year! I"d be pretty upset...hoping they bring it back soon, keep us posted if you hear anything

I emailed HO and got this response this morning:Good morning Kathy,I have been working with our IT department in hopes to deploy 2011 Conference club in September. I do know that once everything is ready to deploy it will be announced in an up coming PC Newswire. Sorry, I do not have any firm information at this time. Peggy GrzybSupervisor, Registration630-261-7408fax 630-261-4078Hopefully we will hear something soon and be ready to rock for next year.

I wonder if everyone in tech is working on that newsletter fiasco and just haven't had time to do the CC. [WOW - we have a lot of CC things in PC don'e we?!]

Oh good, well it at least sounds like its going to happen!! Yay!!

This is the response that I just got this morning...

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Yes, there will be Conference Club for 2011. Please watch for communication within the next couple of weeks.

Although it's not any clearer on the actual date we'll see it start, it at least tells us for sure they are doing it!!!

We are going to have to double up on payments/withdrawals to make up for the delay....ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Not really. You're only talking a month or two. I'm glad they're on it.

I just want to know the exact dates of conference so I can get plane tickets - can be really spendy from Alaska...

otisbg said:
We are going to have to double up on payments/withdrawals to make up for the delay....ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Having it start a month or two late only adds a couple dollars per month. They usually start it in August so that's 10 months. Using $200 as amount saved /10 months = $20; if it's 8 months that's $25/month.

I know- just felt like whining because I want to get this rolling!! LOLOL>..and feel very put -out that my plan of action has been post-poned.:sing:

When will they announce the dates of conference? I'm just in my first year, so I don't know when it was announced last year! I hope they do it over a weekend this year...

Well...we are soon to begin October and still no conference club!! POOOO_POOO!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

I hadn't looked at this thread BUT just signed up for Conference Club 2011 - yay! It's finally up! :D

OMG...have to find it
thanks so much

In the PC Newswire I rec'd yesterday, it was noted CC would be available as of October 1st. Remember, I AM Canadian so it may not be the same for my fellow US Cheffers:)

Cheers,
D.

Hi
If I hadn't been on here whining and gotten a response that Conference Club was available, I would not have known. The way I was able to find it was to do a search and there it was, but there is no blurb on the home page - and if there was, I could not find it....
That is one of the many reasons why I love Chef Success and all the help we give each other!! YAHOOOOOOOOOOO:sing:

Conference Club is up and running. HO emailed me this morning to let me know. (-: I'm signed up!

YEAH!!! It's available. I signed up!!

I signed up, too.

Me too. You can even save out airfare with the $900 amount. That's great.

It'd be nice if they'd officially announce the dates of conference though. I have the general time frame blocked on my calendar, but we're combining it with a trip to visit my mother-in-law this year and I'd like to buy my plane tickets before prices get outrageous for us Alaskans. October is usually my best month in sales, and I usually buy my ticket with the commission.

how much do you guys recommend saving? can we save for airfaire and hotel and spending money too, or just for the registration?

You can save for anything you want. I used to save for all of it, but I usually earn registration free and now I buy my tickets super early, so I mostly just save for the hotel - about $200-$250. Four ladies in one room for four nights.

frozenchef said:
It'd be nice if they'd officially announce the dates of conference though. I have the general time frame blocked on my calendar, but we're combining it with a trip to visit my mother-in-law this year and I'd like to buy my plane tickets before prices get outrageous for us Alaskans. October is usually my best month in sales, and I usually buy my ticket with the commission.
Should know next month when we get our calendars!

lesliec said:
how much do you guys recommend saving? can we save for airfaire and hotel and spending money too, or just for the registration?

I save around $350 (probably would have done more if they had opened it up sooner). Gives $200 for registration and $150 for hotel so all I have to do in July is get there (we take the bus) and eat.

so maybe $40 a month? When and how do we get the money out of the "conference club"

lesliec said:
so maybe $40 a month? When and how do we get the money out of the "conference club"

If you just save enough for reg, it will take it out of the acct when you sign up for conference. If you save more, I believe they give it to you direct deposit.

chefsteph07 said:
If you just save enough for reg, it will take it out of the acct when you sign up for conference. If you save more, I believe they give it to you direct deposit.

Yep - "Conference Club" is a payment option when you register. And even if you forget you have money in there, they automatically put it in your paycheck like the month before conference. :)

frozenchef said:
Yep - "Conference Club" is a payment option when you register. And even if you forget you have money in there, they automatically put it in your paycheck like the month before conference. :)

They usually reimburse you on your next paycheck!

1. When will the next Conference Club event be held?

The date for the next Conference Club event has not yet been determined. We are currently in the planning stages and will announce the date as soon as it is finalized.

2. How can I fund my attendance to the Conference Club event?

Subscribing to the Conference Club for the year is a great way to fund your attendance. You can also reach out to your team leader or host a Pampered Chef party to earn credit towards the event.

3. Is there a deadline to sign up for the Conference Club event?

There is no set deadline to sign up for the Conference Club event. However, we do recommend signing up as soon as possible to secure your spot and take advantage of any early bird pricing.

4. Who can I contact for updates on the Conference Club event?

You can contact our meetings and conference department through the Solution Center for any updates on the Conference Club event. They will be able to provide you with the most up-to-date information.

5. Is there any information available about the Conference Club event in the PV Newswire?

Yes, the PV Newswire regularly features updates and information about the Conference Club event. We recommend keeping an eye on it for any updates or announcements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
merego
Replies