• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Could Scream...show Was on Hold

In summary, a girl who submitted a show on April 14 and hit the deadline to get conference at half price found out her show was on hold for a CC decline, but never received an email about it. She called HO and a supervisor told her that an email was sent, but she never received it. The girl's cluster mate had a similar problem with a show she sent in on April 15.
kreaser
Gold Member
I just wanted to share something that happened to me today to see if it has happened to anyone else recently.
I submitted a show on April 14, at 10:28pm and hit the deadline to get conference at half price...it was over an $800 show so I was looking forward to the commission check today...well,, my deposit today into my account showed up as $6.47 from 1 online order. So I called HO and they tell me that my show from the 14th was on hold for a CC decline...I never ever ever ever received anything about this..it was the first I heard about it when I called. I didn't think anything of my show showing "received" when I checked shipment status the other day because I figured it was a huge deadline on the 14th and many shows were sent it. I talked to a supervisor and she is checking into it...she said, "well, I need to see if an email was sent to you". I told her that the regular solution center person had already told me today that an email was sent....I explained to supervisor I never received one..I save them ALLLLLLLLL!!!!the last one showing in my email was march 21st...and I jump on them right away...why wouldn't I have jumped to correct this one....I was going for 1/2 off conference...Now they don't know if it will be able to count if they show that they sent me the email...I am home office direct so they have to see if it was CC to them...even sooooo I never heard anything from anyone.....They are solely relying on an email that I never received. I know I get a CC for my downline and I call them when this happens.....Just wanted to vent'..hopefully someone is calling me tomorrow.

don't get too ticked off yet (though I can definitely see how you would be frustrated). This happened to a girl I know with qualifying and being able to be eligible for the forged cutlery (February recruiting special). She got the email and told them to charge her card but by the time that they did it was passed the deadline but they still granted it as if it had been turned in when she actually turned it in, not when the full payment was received. Hopefully they will do the same for you, especially since you didn't receive the email.

A cluster mate of mine just had a similar problem with a show she sent in on April 15. I think there's a glitch in HO's process for notifying consultants about problems with shows.If you go to your IPT on CC and the show count for a month isn't what it should be based on the shows you've submitted, call them. When a show is on hold, it usually isn't counted in your monthly show count and will usually show a commissionable amount of zero, at least until it's resolved.

I had a show and a supply order that were on hold I never received a call/email. The only way I knew about the show was the sales did not show up under my incentive calculator so I called to find out why since I had confirmation of being sent. The rep. said it was on hold due to an item not being avail. (Feb. show). While on the phone w/her she said my supply order was on hold too! This was due to having too many of a spice. I had received the notice while using PP and changed it, but for some reason their computer didn't until she opened up the order and said, "Oh yes, you did correct it." Very strange computer glitch I guess.

I suggest checking your incentive calculator in the future. I'm going to do this from now on. If it doesn't show up w/in 36-48 hours I will be calling!

Good luck,

Last edited:
Oh Karlene, I would be livid too! With all the issues that HO is experiencing lately I would push this as far as possible to get your half-price conference. Email is absolutely NOT a relaible communication method. I know of emails that I do not get (which makes me wonder about those I don't know about) and I also get emails late - a week after it was sent (not sure if that problem is with my email or the person who sent it, I'm sure both email providers would point the finger at the other). I thought HO was supposed to call you when a show went on hold. When I've had shows on hold they don't even show-up on my IPT, not even as received. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Slightly OT, but has everyone else had a problem with a lot of credit card declines lately - either real or just getting "kicked" at HO, then when resubmitted, they go through? I swear, EVERY SINGLE SHOW I have submitted over the past 2 months has had an issue with a declined credit card!! Half the time, it's valid (although the customer swears up and down it's not) and the other half, when I ask them to re-run the card, it goes through. WTH is going on at HO?? I had 2 declines in 5 years, and now a decline with the last 6 shows I've submitted!! Is the economy really that bad, or is something weird going on at HO!?

The only time I've had a declined CC is when I entered the card exp date wrong.

About 2 years ago I had a lot of trouble with debit cards, that was an HO issue though - I think they were running them incorrectly.

I have double checked the number and exp. date every time, and every time what I entered was what they ran. Something fishy is going on, I think!

I had a show on hold one time and it took days for me to get the email from HO.

I thought it was all about when the show was "submitted." We cannot help it if a credit card is declined, we Submitted THE SHOW ON TIME. I agree COMPLETELY with commission not being paid until the issue is resolved but not with it going against you for incentives.

cathyskitchen said:
I have double checked the number and exp. date every time, and every time what I entered was what they ran. Something fishy is going on, I think!

It could not be an problem with the issue, it could be a problem with the person's finances. I would call and get an alternative form of payment. Just tell them that HO cannot get it to go through and could they provide a different form of payment.

Have u called to confirm the infor with the guest? Although what you have is correct with HO, they could have written it down wrong or you could be misreadiig the hand writing.

When I have this happen, I call and say I need to confirm the info I took down, I probably wrote it down wrong. I try to make it sound as much as possible like I am in NO WAY blaming or accusing the customer.

update on show on holdjust wanted to give the latest update...finally after a number of calls to HO and speaking to Karen (supervisor in solution center) She is soooo nice!....
I will get credit for the 1/2 off conference registration. She said because I had the show submitted by the 14th that date wont change...even though the resolution wasn't taken care of by the 17th. I didn't get paid on that show on the 22nd but will get it in my May 8th paycheck...just a lot of stress these past 2 days waiting and spending lots of time on the phone...I did discuss with them about the use of emails to communicate with us when a show is on hold....there needs to be another way. I hope they listened.

1. What is "I Could Scream...show Was on Hold"?

"I Could Scream...show Was on Hold" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef featuring delicious and easy-to-make recipes for busy families.

2. Who is the author of "I Could Scream...show Was on Hold"?

The author of "I Could Scream...show Was on Hold" is Pampered Chef's very own recipe developer and food blogger, Rebecca Beaton.

3. What types of recipes can I find in "I Could Scream...show Was on Hold"?

"I Could Scream...show Was on Hold" includes a variety of recipes for main dishes, sides, desserts, and more, all designed to be quick and easy to prepare.

4. Are the ingredients in "I Could Scream...show Was on Hold" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients in "I Could Scream...show Was on Hold" can be found at most grocery stores. They are also affordable and perfect for families on a budget.

5. Can I purchase "I Could Scream...show Was on Hold" online?

Yes, "I Could Scream...show Was on Hold" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website or through your local Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PurpleAngel
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • pamperedharriet