• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin Seed Recipe: Baking Tips and Delicious Ideas

In summary, pumpkin seeds can be baked with the shell on, but it is recommended to remove the shells beforehand. There are various ways to season pumpkin seeds for baking, such as using salt and pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon and sugar, or a combination of herbs and spices. The baking time for pumpkin seeds varies, but they should generally be baked for 20-30 minutes at 300-350 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown and crispy. Store-bought pumpkin seeds can be used for baking, but raw, unsalted ones are recommended for the best results. Pumpkin seeds can also be baked in a convection oven, but the baking time may be slightly shorter.
heat123
Silver Member
I know this is a really silly ? but how do you all bake the seeds? I have never really done them before and was wondering if there was anything to it besides pouring salt and baking them?

Or does anyone have an cool recipes for them?

TIA

put EVOO on them and salt an bake them on 375 on the large bar stone.

I did them last night. I googled a few recipes and used a combo of them. For 2 cups of seeds use 2 tablespoons butter or oil, then I sprinkled garlic salt and cajun seasoning on them. I baked mine at 325 for about 30 minutes or so, stiring every so often until they were the color I wanted them. They came out pretty good.

do they need to dry more than over night before I bake them?

thanks for the instructions ladies!

heat123 said:
do they need to dry more than over night before I bake them?

thanks for the instructions ladies!
I rinsed them off then patted with a paper towel and then straight to the oven.

Thanks! I am going to use EVOO, salt and bake em right now!

They're awesome with Kosher salt!!

They're also really good with Lawry's Seasoned Salt.

Diane

mmmm this was always my fav. part of holloween, growing up next to a farm i always had my fill.. this year in jap we didn't even buy a pumpkin.. now i'm missing my seeds :)

tiffanypatton79 said:
mmmm this was always my fav. part of holloween, growing up next to a farm i always had my fill.. this year in jap we didn't even buy a pumpkin.. now i'm missing my seeds :)

well go get you a pumpkin. fall isn't over yet, you might want to get you a napkin for your chin first lol

Related to Pumpkin Seed Recipe: Baking Tips and Delicious Ideas

1. Can pumpkin seeds be baked with the shell on?

Yes, pumpkin seeds can be baked with the shell on. However, it is recommended to remove the shells before baking as they can become tough and difficult to chew.

2. How do I season pumpkin seeds for baking?

There are many ways to season pumpkin seeds for baking. Some popular options include salt and pepper, garlic powder, cinnamon and sugar, or a combination of your favorite herbs and spices.

3. How long should I bake pumpkin seeds for?

The baking time for pumpkin seeds varies depending on the recipe and oven temperature. Generally, they should be baked for 20-30 minutes at 300-350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until golden brown and crispy.

4. Can I use store-bought pumpkin seeds for baking?

Yes, you can use store-bought pumpkin seeds for baking. However, it is recommended to use raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds for the best results.

5. Can I bake pumpkin seeds in a convection oven?

Yes, pumpkin seeds can be baked in a convection oven. Keep in mind that the baking time may be slightly shorter in a convection oven, so keep an eye on them to prevent burning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • K_Jurich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies