• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso Yummy Baked Goods Recipes That Travel / Ship Well......

V
vwpamperedchef
Sending a bunch of baked goods to my husband serving overseas.

Need some good/great recipes that travel well, and stay fresh. (Travel time is about a week).

His mom, his aunt and I are baking on Valentines Day and hope to send that Monday in time for his bday about a week later.

Any ideas, recipes would be appreciated!!

(I know about shipping cookies in pringle containers, but I prefer to send them in a quart container instead)...

TIA

What does he like? Chocolate/fruit/nut?

He is pretty flexible. Only likes raisins if they are mixed in with others like oatmeal raisin.

I don't want to send too much chocolate, for fear of melting, but mixed in would be ok.

Hey Vanessa, I hope you are feeling better from your cold last week. The silicone floral cupcake pan has a few good recipes...the mini molten cakes and also the powdered mini cakes(the recipe is on the use and care card). I have made both of these and they should stay well. The mini molten cakes seemed to absorb the chocolate if you don't eat them right away, so they become like brownies. If you don't have the Silicone Cupcake pan, I have one you are more than welcome to borrow. (I always need a good excuse to take a peak at the beach, so I would happily drive down to you;))...also anything for our troops:D...let me know...stay warm!!!

Thanks Barbara! I have the pan and I will try it out first before sending.

My husband just informed me he got 5 boxes within 10 days and seems to be set til March. Little does he know my MIL ordered a whole bunch of that 75% off Hickory Farms stuff. I said to him "you'd better start sharing". LOL

We should meet up for lunch or something....you can see the beach & we can chat PC!

I love doing quick breads. There is a cinnamon swirl bread I make that my DH says is better than cinnamon rolls. No chocolate. Not really sure about lasting since it either goes in the freezer or is eaten within hours it seems.

My FAVE is Pecan Tassies!! I think they last well too.

Vanessa, boy your dh is so lucky to have you and your MIL.....would love to meet and have lunch...when???

Try this recipe for Hermit cookies. It comes from Betty Crockers 40th Anniversary Cookbook. Theres a note for this recipe that says Hermits originated because they kept well on sea voyages. Its one of my favorite recipes, I often change it up a bit, chocolate chips instead of raisins, or mixed nuts, coconut, whatever you like. I have doubled, tripled and even quadrupled this recipe with no trouble. Although the recipe says ungreased cookie sheet, I always use parchment paper. Heres the recipe, hope you enjoy it as much as my family does:1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup cold coffee
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/4 cups raisins
3/4 cup chopped nutsHeat oven to 375. Mix brown sugar, shortening, butter, coffee, egg, baking soda, salt cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons, 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched.

The Furry Guy was a marine who spent months at sea. Our baby boy just graduated from school in Dallas and has moved there for the foreseeable future. I'm well-versed in shipping goodies. Here are some good basics:A lot of bar cookies ship well. They also pack easily.Use the vacuum-sealed zippered bags if possible. Or, you can "vacuum seal" regular ones. Place cookies in a zippered bag. Put the end of a drinking straw in the bag, then zip the bag closed right up to the straw on both sides. Suck all the air out. Keeping the suction on the straw, pull it from the bag while you zip it closed. (I hope that makes sense.)If you use dried fruit (raisins, craisins, etc.), soak them in liquid until they're plump. Drain them before adding them to your cookies. This will help your cookies to stay moist. I like to use orange juice, but water works.Speaking of dried fruit, it's a good thing to ship as well. Tasty and healthy.

If you wanted to try sending a cake (might be a change from cookies), you could probably send one that is buttercreamed and fondant covered - it keeps the cake EXTREMELY fresh and airtight! Especially if you froze it before packaging it (double wrap tightly in saran wrap first), then wrap well in bubble wrap or whatever, and freeze the whole package before running to mail it. I have a very moist yummy recipe that I use that keeps for ages... Let me know if you're interested.

Lemon bars might also be a nice change from chocolate...

CaribooMom they sound great!! THANKS

I will keep it in mind Annie! and Rae thanks for your tips!!

Someone else asked for this recipe, so I thought I'd just post it. I make several batches of this every Christmas and give them as gifts. I had people SHOW (but NOT open them this year). They didn't want to share. :love: It tasted great after being frozen too. I do the vacuum seal a straw too.

Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 TB ground cinnamon (I use Cinnamon Plus)

Glaze: 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar, 1 1/2 - 2 tsp milk
(I actually skip this. Doesn't need it. LOTS of sugar in it already!!)

Combine flour, 1 c sugar, baking soda & salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In small bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar.

Grease bottom ONLY of 9x5x3 loaf pan. Pour 1/2 the batter into pan; sprinkle with 1/2 cinnamon-sugar. Carefully spread with sugar; swirl a knife through batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.

For glaze, combine sugar & enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bread.

Yield: 1 loaf

I use the Mini-loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.

If you don't have buttermilk. Put 1 TB of white vinegar in a one cup measuring cup and add milk to make one cup. Leave for 5 minutes.

From Taste of Home's Complete Guide to Baking. I LOVE it!

Vanessa does he like breakfast bars and cranberries?You can make oatmeal craisin bars, seal them as recommended and ship those.

Yes, he does. Is the recipe on the bag?

I just make the cookie recipe on the oatmeal in bar form and substitute craisins for raisins.I just found this that looked interesting...don't know how it would travel though:
http://www.recipezaar.com/Good-Morning-Breakfast-Bars-349310I think the cookies in bar form and sealed well would be good for breakfast (I eat them for that!!!) ;)

Thank you!

Just a suggestion - Girl Scout is selling cookies right now and they also have a option to send cookies over seas - I purchased 2 cases (or 2 different GS) -

PamperedDor said:
Just a suggestion - Girl Scout is selling cookies right now and they also have a option to send cookies over seas - I purchased 2 cases (or 2 different GS) -

Yes, I am aware---and plan to get some :)

1. How can I ensure that my baked goods stay fresh during shipping?

To ensure that your baked goods stay fresh during shipping, it is important to choose recipes that have a longer shelf life, such as biscotti, gingerbread, or fruitcake. These types of baked goods have a lower moisture content and can last longer without spoiling. You can also add a slice of bread or a small piece of apple to the container, which will help keep the baked goods moist.

2. What are some good baked goods recipes that travel well?

There are many great recipes for baked goods that can travel well. Some examples include brownies, blondies, banana bread, and granola bars. These types of baked goods are sturdy and can withstand the handling during shipping. They also have a longer shelf life, making them perfect for long-distance shipping.

3. How long can I expect the baked goods to stay fresh during shipping?

The freshness of your baked goods will depend on the type of recipe you choose and how well they are packaged. Generally, baked goods can stay fresh for up to a week if they are packaged properly and have a lower moisture content. However, it is always best to check the recipe and consider the travel time to ensure the baked goods will remain fresh upon arrival.

4. Can I use quart containers instead of Pringle containers to ship my cookies?

Yes, you can use quart containers to ship your cookies instead of Pringle containers. It is important to make sure that the container is airtight and sturdy enough to withstand the handling during shipping. You can also use parchment paper or bubble wrap to add an extra layer of protection for your cookies.

5. Do you have any tips for shipping baked goods to someone serving overseas?

When shipping baked goods to someone serving overseas, it is important to consider the travel time and the climate of the destination. Choose recipes with a longer shelf life and package them well to ensure they stay fresh during the journey. You can also include a small note or card with the package to add a personal touch and remind your loved one of home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Shawnna