• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pulling Teeth to Get Her Guest List

In summary, this host sent a guest list to a party planner consultant 6 hours before her show. The consultant sent back 29 email addresses, no names. The consultant told the host that the list was useless and she needed complete addresses and names by today to secure the show. The host should explain to the host that the system is not set up to enter e-mail addresses without names and that the host should also send a reminder postcard to all of the guests.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I don't know how many of you ask your host for her guest list, but I do. For those of you who do, I am needing some advice. I ask my hosts to have the GL to me 1 month before her show date (I am generally booked 6-8 weeks out).

This particular host (a Partylite consultant that I met at a few shows I did for a local Chamber of Commerce group) booked her show exactly one month ago today. Her show date is 11/18. I sent her a reminder email yesterday telling her I needed her guest list by today to secure her date (I have a show tonight - my last Oct show and probably my last chance to fill her 11/18 date if she fallls through).

So this morning I wake up to an email from her saying that she has attached the guest list and she gave me addresses for the 5 people she did not have emails for. (huh? I didn't ask for only emails - my form I gave her asks for names, addresses, email and phone) and she gave me 29 email addresses (no names - just email addresses...our PWS doesnt allow us to send emails w/o names)

I know what I need to say to her...just don't know HOW to say it -- I need to tell her this list is useless and she has 6 hours to get me a sufficient list...but I need help finding better words to use so as not to offend her...help???

Grrrrr! sometimes other party plan consultants are the worst hosts!

I would just call and explain to her that you don't have enough info - and so you still need complete info by today in order to secure her date. Let her know that you have people WITH guests lists who would like to book a show, and you are still holding that date for her for the moment...........

ChefBeckyD said:
Grrrrr! sometimes other party plan consultants are the worst hosts!

I would just call and explain to her that you don't have enough info - and so you still need complete info by today in order to secure her date. Let her know that you have people WITH guests lists who would like to book a show, and you are still holding that date for her for the moment...........

But how do I say that without sounding nasty?
I would like to sya to her "Did you even LOOK at the packet I sent you???"
I mean - the blank guest list form I sent her had blank lines for Name____Address_____Email_____ Phone_____
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Doesn't she realize that you actually snail mail these? I think I would just tell her that maybe in explaining the guest list that you failed to explain fully that you need complete addresses/names etc. I KNOW that you didn't but it's always better to blame yourself and take the high road when they haven't followed simple instructions. SHE will know that she was being lazy and hopefully comply with what you need. If you take the blame... even tho you don't deserve it.... she won't feel confronted ... does this make sense? It's my mom's "kill em with kindness" technique.

dannyzmom said:
But how do I say that without sounding nasty?
I would like to sya to her "Did you even LOOK at the packet I sent you???"
I mean - the blank guest list form I sent her had blank lines for Name____Address_____Email_____ Phone_____
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Make sure you are smiling when you say it! And use a gentle tone of voice.
She probably DIDN'T look at the host packet......she probably thinks she knows it all. You could explain to her how you do your invitations, with the assumption that she knows NOTHING about hosting a show. Go over the entire process with her, and end with letting her know you still need the info TODAY!

I LOVE sending out the invites for my hosts.....but every once in a while you get one of these! I had a show cancel last Sat. because the woman never got me her addresses - and then called me on Tuesday to wonder if we could still have a show. BUT - she was mad at me for not calling and reminding her more. Like the in-person, postcard, phone call, and email reminder weren't enough!:grumpy:

I would just let her know that our system is not set up to allow us to enter e-mail addresses without names. It also helps you get familiar with your guests names before the show.

Also let her know that it is always helpful to send the reminder postcard to all of her guests because sometimes they don't see the e-vites. I've noticed that often people delete the e-vite by accident or it is dropped in their spam folder. So the postcard is a necessary backup.

HTH

quiverfull7 said:
Doesn't she realize that you actually snail mail these? I think I would just tell her that maybe in explaining the guest list that you failed to explain fully that you need complete addresses/names etc. I KNOW that you didn't but it's always better to blame yourself and take the high road when they haven't followed simple instructions. SHE will know that she was being lazy and hopefully comply with what you need. If you take the blame... even tho you don't deserve it.... she won't feel confronted ... does this make sense? It's my mom's "kill em with kindness" technique.

This is EXACTLY the route I need to take. EXACTLY!!
Thank you Diane!
So, I will call her and say "I must not have explained what I need as far as a guest list. I MAIL out the invitations so I need mailing addresses for your guests. I also send out email reminders through my Pampered Chef website, and for those I need each person's NAME and EMAIL address." Good?
And how can I word the part about that I need this info TODAY or I will have to open up her date to others?

Any advice on how to let her know I need this by TODAY?

Tell her that you have tomorrow morning scheduled to put together the invitations, and if you don't get the info today, you'll open the date. And then add that you know she was excited for the show, and would hate for her to wait another 6 weeks to get on your calendar again.

Ann's words.. perfect! I'd add how sorry you are that she may lose that date because you are SO excited to do her show! I'm SURE that you've said it all to her already but she chose not to be listening. I think it's kind of like nurses being the worst patients ... other DS Sales people can be the worst hosts. When I host for another company I try to do it all "extra" right. And allyou nurses... don't be offended... my DD and Mom and SIL and close friends are all nurses.... and THEY tell me what bad patients they are! I realize it's a small research group but .... :)

Carolyn... have you made contact yet?

One thing I make sure to tell each host is that I only use the guest list info they give me for their show. I don't add people to mailing or emailing lists without specifically asking them. It is amazing how their body will relax as soon as I say this.

Kate.. .that is a SUPER point! Thanks for sharing!

quiverfull7 said:
Carolyn... have you made contact yet?

I left her a voicemail around 10am today and told her I rec'd her guest list and had some questions, could she please call me back? I have not heard back from her yet.

Book the date if possible tonight. Try to work out the guest list with her right away. If no one can get an invitation she doesn't have a show anyway. Worst case you have 2 shows booked--give the smaller one to a new recruit for practice. However relying on this show with only email invites and a flaky host is not profitable. Someone who books tonight for that date will take it more seriously and the party will be better for you.

1. How do I convince my friend to give me her guest list for my Pampered Chef party?

It can be difficult to ask for someone's guest list, especially if they are hesitant to share it. One approach could be to explain the benefits of having a larger guest list, such as more free products or a higher chance of earning host rewards. You could also offer to help her with the invitations or follow-ups. Ultimately, it's important to be respectful and understanding of her decision.

2. What should I do if my friend refuses to give me her guest list?

It's important to respect your friend's decision if she is not comfortable sharing her guest list. You can still have a successful party with your own guest list and by reaching out to other potential guests. You could also offer to have a smaller, more intimate gathering with just a few of her closest friends.

3. How can I make sure my friend's guests know about my Pampered Chef party?

If your friend has agreed to share her guest list, make sure to follow up with her guests personally. You can send them a personalized invitation or reach out to them directly through a phone call or text message. You could also ask your friend to personally invite them to the party.

4. Should I offer any incentives to my friend for sharing her guest list?

It's always a nice gesture to offer your friend a thank you gift or a small incentive for sharing her guest list with you. However, make sure to check with your company's policies before offering any rewards or incentives to guests or hosts.

5. How many people should I aim to invite to my Pampered Chef party?

It's best to aim for a guest list of around 10-15 people for a successful Pampered Chef party. This will give you a good chance of earning host rewards and having a fun, interactive gathering. However, the size of your guest list ultimately depends on your personal preference and the space available for your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies