• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

PTO Meeting: Discussing Pampered Chef Fundraising Concerns

but that is what works for me.Anyone ever do a FR with packages? I think fundraisers are AWESOME!!! I did a fundraiser with the PTO of a school and what they did was this. Each pto member was given 2 catalogs and a bunch of order forms. Each person went out and collected orders and all turned them in on the event day. There was no cooking show just a booth. It turned out great for everyone. Some people did combine orders, but I had nothing to do with it, they just did it on their own. Then all the stuff was shipped to the school and the PTO members seperated everything and passed it out. I always
jrny2001
Silver Member
Ok, I gave a presentation at my kids middle school PTO meeting tonight, along with several other candy/gift wrap companies.
They want to go with a PC fundraiser but had these "concerns":
1) 4.00 s&h per order
2) sales tax
3) they do not want to sell knives because they are afraid the kids will kill each other on the bus.
4) I have to resign from the E-Board (presently secretary) which I have no problem with.

Is this more of a headache than this is worth? What do you all think about "packages" to sell in place of the entire catalog (minus the knives)?

1 - Have them pay $4 S&H per kid and just put all items ordered through that kid on one order.2 - Sorry, no way around the sales tax - not that I know of, anyway. If they're a "tax-exempt" organization, you might be able to do something, but I'm not sure what.3 - Have the parents pick up the orders from the school instead of sending orders home with the kids.

gift certificates ONLY----GO FOR IT--

I have fund-raisers shipped to me. Then, I personally sort the show, and would, in this situation, separate the orders by student. The student would then be responsible for passing out their own orders. I also would put each child's orders under the child's name, and it would only generate one shipping charge per student, except for if the student had LOTS of orders; then, I would create at least one or two more orders in that student's name.
You could add an extra letter to their name on their "second" order, so that you would still know easily whose order is whose, too!!

I understand the idea of combining orders to save on shipping costs; however, you really need to keep in mind that, the more our shipping is "abused", the higher it will continue to get. Shipping is expensive, to be sure; but, it is what it is, and is has to be paid. If enough isn't collected, the company will have no choice but to raise it, again! That being said, just be cautious when doing this, is all I'm saying.
I mean, combine a few orders, but do it within reason, kwim??

As for the knives, that is "tricky", as well as the stones and anything else that might be easily broken, such as batter bowls. It might be a good idea to have the parents or a guardian come to the school to pick up orders, rather than to try and send them home on school busses!

Best of luck!

Paula

Do not combine shipping for a couple of reasons1. Warranty/ receipt needs to be given to each customer plus it will set you up to "always" do that and it is against policy 2. If everyone or several did this it will eventually increase our shipping, and if they complain now about $4 wait until you charge them 10% of a set of cookware shipping would be $45.00 somehow that $4 doesn't seem so bad!

Teresa Lynn said:
Do not combine shipping for a couple of reasons

1. Warranty/ receipt needs to be given to each customer plus it will set you up to "always" do that and it is against policy

2. If everyone or several did this it will eventually increase our shipping, and if they complain now about $4 wait until you charge them 10% of a set of cookware shipping would be $45.00 somehow that $4 doesn't seem so bad!

That was my point exactly! I personally don't see it as a big deal. I'd rather pay s&h for a quality product than pay it in the hidden cost of the stuff the fundraising companies sell. This one woman in particular wouldn't move past the s&h thing.
And I totally agree that everyone should have their own receipt.

Anyone ever do a FR with packages? If you did, do you have a sample of what you put together?

I think fundraisers are AWESOME!!! I did a fundraiser with the PTO of a school and what they did was this. Each pto member was given 2 catalogs and a bunch of order forms. Each person went out and collected orders and all turned them in on the event day. There was no cooking show just a booth. It turned out great for everyone. Some people did combine orders, but I had nothing to do with it, they just did it on their own. Then all the stuff was shipped to the school and the PTO members seperated everything and passed it out. I always throw in an additional 10% if they get over $600 making it 25%. I know that is alittle liberal, but with all the leads and bookings and customers, it is totally worth it to me. I would say have the parents be the hosts and not even let the kids be the ones delivering the stuff. Then there would be no problems. Good luck!

Related to PTO Meeting: Discussing Pampered Chef Fundraising Concerns

1. What is a PTO meeting?

A PTO meeting is a meeting of the Parent-Teacher Organization, where parents and teachers come together to discuss school-related matters and plan events for the school community.

2. What is the purpose of discussing Pampered Chef fundraising concerns at a PTO meeting?

The purpose of discussing Pampered Chef fundraising concerns at a PTO meeting is to address any issues or concerns that may have arisen during the fundraising process and to come up with solutions or improvements for future fundraisers.

3. Who can attend a PTO meeting to discuss Pampered Chef fundraising concerns?

PTO meetings are open to all members of the school community, including parents, teachers, and staff. Anyone who is interested in the fundraising efforts of the school is welcome to attend.

4. How often are PTO meetings held to discuss Pampered Chef fundraising concerns?

The frequency of PTO meetings varies from school to school, but they are typically held once a month or once every few months. The specific schedule for PTO meetings should be communicated to all members of the school community.

5. What should I bring to a PTO meeting to discuss Pampered Chef fundraising concerns?

It is helpful to bring any relevant documents or information related to the Pampered Chef fundraiser, such as sales reports, feedback from participants, and any concerns or suggestions you may have. It is also a good idea to bring a positive attitude and a willingness to collaborate and find solutions together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • daniellemorgan
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
daniellemorgan
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI