• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Started With Pampered Chef in October.....and I've Just

In summary, starting with Pampered Chef in October allows for potential sales and bookings during the busy holiday season. To ensure a successful show as a new consultant, communicate with your host and plan and practice your demo beforehand. When handling distractions and interruptions, remain professional and politely redirect back to the demo. Have a system in place for orders and payments, and encourage future bookings by mentioning the benefits and offering incentives. Providing excellent customer service and creating a fun atmosphere can also encourage guests to book a show in the future.
saisei
I just started with Pampered Chef in October.....and I've just qualified with my last show.

I was excited to have done this show, actually...since it was my first show that wasn't either hosted by me or someone I knew....and I had NO IDEA what I was in for.

I was thrilled at how organized the host was in the initial phone calls..she had invited everyone she knew and had at least 10 RSVP's already....plus a few outside orders. She knew which recipe to pick...and she was considering the business for herself.

I arrived at her house...to find two *constantly* barking dogs (they barked and ran around through the whole show...and stole my parmesan cheese and ate a hole in it!)..the host didn't offer to put the dogs elsewhere. At that point, I was getting a little rattled.

She also had two kids. A three year old and an 18 month old....and THEY were running around the entire time (...and me with my knives and mandoline...and etc). She set my table up in an archway between her dining room and living room...with a narrow passageway to walk by. During the whole show, her guests were constantly getting up and walking past....forcing me to stop what I was doing and step aside. None of them were watching my demo....they kept asking me questions that I couldn't answer (What page is it on??? wait..don't you KNOW? You're the consultant, aren't you? Now, I see you have a garlic crusher..but do you have a garlic SLICER? Because I really want a garlic slicer.....). One of the guests was allergic to nuts (one of the recipes was mini pesto pizzas).....They were discussing their secret santa gifts during my demo...and NO ONE volunteered to be interactive with the recipe....and then they started to get up and give me their orders to total up in the middle of the demo...with my hands covered in cheese...saying they had to leave and could I please hurry it up?

Sigh...I was at my wits end when on the drive home....I don't know how I made it through.....

And then we closed the show...she'd had over 500 dollars in sales...no bookings...but all in all....a decent show, money-wise.

Oh my....but I definitely worked hard for my commission that night.

Wow! That sounds like a tough show to get thru.

What state and town was that?

You can end up with bookings after you make the customer care calls.

Good luck. I'll bet the guests found the dogs and kids annoying too.

heatherkiss said:
I'll bet the guests found the dogs and kids annoying too.

Could be why they were in such a hurry to leave.

I decided awhile ago not to get frustrated with the page number question/ you are the consultant comment. I answer now that my job is to sell the products and not the catalog. (Not in a snotty sassy way, but as a comment.)
Sounds like you will appreciate that commission check!

That's not typical. I mean you do get shows like that here and there, but typically once you get away from family and friends it gets easier. At least you got through it and it was a decent $$ show. Better shows are bound to be in your future!!

climbercanoe3 said:
I decided awhile ago not to get frustrated with the page number question/ you are the consultant comment. I answer now that my job is to sell the products and not the catalog. (Not in a snotty sassy way, but as a comment.)
Sounds like you will appreciate that commission check!

I also tell people that they change our catalog every 6 months so I've stopped trying to memorize page numbers. It has the category in the top corner so they can browse through and find the section they are looking for, such as, kitchenware, cutting edge, stoneware, etc. That will get them closer to what they are looking for.

I use the sheet that was posted here in alphabetical order with the page numbers. I had it laminated and I ask for a volunteer and then that person gets to choose a price from my basket at the end. I cannot memorize page #'s and I tell them just like stated above that with the catty's changing every 6 mo's... I just can't worry about memorizing.

It was in Lynn, Massachusetts (I live in Salem, MA)and, yes...I will appreciate the check.heh.

1. What are the benefits of starting with Pampered Chef in October?

Starting with Pampered Chef in October allows you to take advantage of the busy holiday season, when people are often purchasing gifts and looking for new recipes for holiday meals. This can lead to increased sales and potential for future bookings.

2. How can I ensure a successful show as a new Pampered Chef consultant?

It's important to communicate with your host and make sure they are organized and excited about hosting the show. This will help attract guests and create a positive atmosphere. Additionally, be sure to plan and practice your demo beforehand to ensure a smooth and engaging presentation.

3. How can I handle distractions and interruptions during a show?

Distractions and interruptions are common during Pampered Chef shows, but it's important to remain calm and professional. Try to politely redirect the conversation back to the demo and encourage guests to participate. If necessary, take a moment to pause and address any concerns or questions.

4. How can I handle orders and payments during a show?

It's important to have a system in place for taking orders and payments during a show. Some consultants use order forms and collect payments at the end, while others use a digital ordering system. Just make sure to stay organized and keep track of all orders and payments to avoid any confusion.

5. What can I do to encourage future bookings?

During the show, make sure to mention the benefits of hosting a party and offer incentives for booking a show. You can also follow up with guests after the show and remind them of the host rewards they can earn by hosting their own show. Providing excellent customer service and creating a fun and engaging atmosphere can also encourage guests to book a show in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christine Hughes
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
  • Paula Poole
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Christina Wood