• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are These Designs Too Busy? Feedback Needed!

In summary, Kelly ordered premium, full color business cards from VistaPrint for $47. She also ordered a calender magnet, 100 postcards for her Christmas sale invite, and a sticky pad.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Before I order these...anyone want to critique them? Are they too busy?

One is the postcard invite for a Christmas sale...

The other is a new business card with a recipe on the back!

ETA: Look down at posts #5 and #6...they are posted there and you don't have to open them!!

Attachments

• Christmas Sale Postcard Invite.jpg
    Christmas Sale Postcard Invite.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 396
  • Christmas Sale Postcard Invite Back.jpg
    Christmas Sale Postcard Invite Back.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 431
  • Foil Business Card with Recipe.jpg
    Foil Business Card with Recipe.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 489
Last edited:
they look great kelly

and i only have 4 more posts to reach my daily goal

*sorry for the hijack* :)

Ugh! For some reason I can't get the FRONT of the business card to upload!

Yea! Here it is!! The "shiny" parts are going to be foil!

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/livepreview.gif

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/FoilBusinessCardwithRecipe.jpg

Last edited:
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/ChristmasSalePostcardInvite.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/ChristmasSalePostcardInviteBack.jpg

Looks good to me. The only note I have for you is that RSVP includes "please" so it's technically redundant. You're better off replacing "please" with a deadline date. RSVP by 11/16. Just my .02 ;-)

Thanks Cath!

Looks great. My only suggestion is that you change the order of the kitchen needs on your business card.

Start with shows, business... and end with tips and replacements. Put the focus on your main functions and your income producing activities. I would definitely keep the others in there though to show that you offer customer service and it's important to you.

kelly
i love those business cards

r those from vista print?

Where are these from? They're very cute:D

Yes, they are from VistaPrint! I had to use their free (sometimes free) design your own card. I couldn't find that apron on any of their pre-set up cards. I have to admit...most of the idea for my card came off of Alison's cards (gourmetgirl) Since I have been seeing so many cards coming in for the card swap, I set hers aside since I liked it the best!

Beth- I totally agree with your point about putting the "best" that I have to offer on the card first...I just set it up that way so it would visually LOOK nicer...smallest on the top on down to the largest (most letters) on the bottom. Maybe I will go mess around with it and see if it looks OK without them being set up like that!

I really appreciate all the constructive comments! That's what I need! Since these are the premium cards, have foil accents, and a full color back...they certainly are not going to be free. I have two other business card set ups that I have gotten mostly for free, but I am just not happy with them! So, if I am going to spend the $$ to get nice ones, I want them PERFECT so I am glad that I did it!

Very cute... I can't read the type on the back of the bus. card but I love the idea of putting a recipe on the back of your card. I'm guessing you're ordering from vista print... what do they cost with the backs printed? I am waiting for my first order of postcards from them--I personalized some cards to use as thank you notes for bookings, and I also ordered a tiny rubber stamp to stamp my name/website/phone onto the glossy recipe cards from PC (my big stamp takes up too much space on the card).

I placed my order! I ended up getting all of this for $47:

500 PREMIUM, FOIL, FULL COLOR BACK business cards
10 large calender magnets
100 postcards (for my Christmas sale invite)
1 sticky pad
2 small stamps that say "Thank You" will use these as giveaways when I am a director
one note pad that looks like this:
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/NotePad.jpg

Here are the cards I ordered:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/livepreview-1.gif

dwyerkim said:
Very cute... I can't read the type on the back of the bus. card but I love the idea of putting a recipe on the back of your card. I'm guessing you're ordering from vista print... what do they cost with the backs printed? I am waiting for my first order of postcards from them--I personalized some cards to use as thank you notes for bookings, and I also ordered a tiny rubber stamp to stamp my name/website/phone onto the glossy recipe cards from PC (my big stamp takes up too much space on the card).
Black and white printing would add about $6 I think...the full color added $12. The foil accents were $15 for 250 cards, but it only went up to $20 for the 500 cards that I ordered. The cards were the only thing I ordered that weren't free. Then shipping was about $8.

dwyerkim said:

I got the idea about the recipe from Ann on here...she did an artichoke salsa recipe on the back of her cards...the front had an artichoke design- so cool!

Here is the recipe/wording I used:

Garlic Quick Bites

1 can of buttermilk biscuits (7.5 - 10.5 oz)

1 or 2 cloves of garlic

2 Tbs. of Pampered Chef Italian Seasoning Mix, Divided

3 Tbs. of butter

4 Tbs. of Parmesan cheese (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350° Melt the butter in the Pampered Chef Sauté Pan on top of the stove. Using the Garlic Press, press garlic in the melted butter. Sprinkle 1 1/2 tbs of Italian Seasoning on top. (Add ¾ of the Parmesan cheese into the butter, garlic & seasoning.) Using the serrated bread knife, cut each of the biscuits into 4 pieces. Toss pieces in the butter mixture. Then, arrange them in a single layer in the bottom of the cookware (some may go up the sides). Sprinkle with the remaining Italian Seasoning Mix (and cheese). Place in the oven at 350° for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Slide onto a platter, and use the small serving tongs to serve the pieces.

Variation: Instead of garlic and Italian seasonings, use a combination of 2 teaspoons Pampered Chef Korintje Cinnamon (or Cinnamon Plus) and 3-4 tablespoons brown sugar.

Kelly, I LOVE your cards....they are AWESOME! I love the shiny purple! (Also a big "Prince" fan! :cool: )

Great job. Very different.

Kelly, I love them too! You know, for some reason I have been thinking this whole time that we couldn't say "The Pampered Chef" if we used Vista. DUH! It just clicked that THAT isn't the logo!!! Now I have to get some!

Debi~

Yep! Just make sure you don't use our tag line...Discover the chef in you or anything resembling the tag line...that's a no-no! And make the ® sign after TPC! (Hold down the alt key while typing in 0174 to make that symbol!)

I am soooooooooo loving the apron art on these cards!

They look great Kelly!

KellyTheChef said:
Debi~

Yep! Just make sure you don't use our tag line...Discover the chef in you or anything resembling the tag line...that's a no-no! And make the ® sign after TPC! (Hold down the alt key while typing in 0174 to make that symbol!)

I am soooooooooo loving the apron art on these cards!
For the life of me I couldn't figure out how to make the R in a circle symbol when I ordered my thank you postcards... the distribution isn't super wide so I"m not that concerned about it, but now I'll know in the future. Thanks!

Okay, I'm trying to do the ALT-0174 on Vista, and it's not working. I'm typing in a field creating my own design. Am I doing something wrong?

Sometimes you need to use the number pad instead of the numbers above the alphabet.

I have a laptop with no number pad. I think it would work if I could turn on the keypad lock (under the alpha keys), but I don't know how to do that. For example, the "U" key has a "4" and a backwards arrow on it in grey. If I hit ALT FN U, it does the same as hitting the back button on your browser. But I can't figure out how to get to the 4. Does that make sense?

In that case, Chelsea, you'll need to use the special character button on VistaPrint. It looks like an a with an accent. Click that, then click the R.

HaHa! I figured out how to do the number lock. Thanks Ann! :)

Is the recipe easy to read on the back of the bus card? I have never seen one with a recipe on the back.

Mine is. It's a really short recipe, so I didn't have to go too small on the font. http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/BC2.jpgI used the greyscale back, and it's very nice.

What is the best way to proofread a document?

The best way to proofread a document is to read it aloud and slowly. This will help you catch any spelling or grammatical errors that you may have missed while reading silently. It is also helpful to take breaks and come back to the document with fresh eyes.

How many times should I proofread a document?

It is recommended to proofread a document at least three times. The first time, focus on spelling and grammar. The second time, check for sentence structure and flow. And the third time, review for overall clarity and effectiveness.

Should I use a spell checker when proofreading?

Yes, using a spell checker can be helpful, but it should not be relied on entirely. Spell checkers can miss certain errors or make incorrect suggestions. It is important to still carefully review the document yourself.

What are common mistakes to look for when proofreading?

Common mistakes to look for when proofreading include spelling errors, punctuation errors, incorrect verb tense, and sentence fragments. It is also important to check for consistency in formatting and style throughout the document.

Is it necessary to have someone else proofread my work?

Having someone else proofread your work can be beneficial as they may catch errors that you may have missed. However, it is not always necessary. If you do not have someone available to proofread for you, taking breaks and coming back to the document with fresh eyes can also be effective in catching errors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ilovpc
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • chefjeanine