• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Promoting Your Website: Tips & Strategies

In summary, everyone promotes their website in different ways. Some people send out catalogs, postcards, and newsletters with links to their website. Others talk about their website at every show and let their guests keep the catalogs if they are not sure they are going to throw them away. Elaine Ballard has been promoting her website for one year and has made $362 in online sales in October and $352 in November. Her website address is currently the same as her web address, which can be confusing for customers. She is working through this by using
slj1229
How does everyone promote their web site?

It is on every catalog, outside order form, and postcard I send out. I send a monthly newsletter that has links to various pieces of my site throughout it.

On the new batch of catalogs I am going to order I am just putting my web address and phone number.

If they have a computer, they can do everything from the website (email me, call me, place an order, book a show).

If they dont have a computer they can at least call me.

I too put it on EVERYTHING I hand out. EVERYTHING.

HTH

I mention it about 7 times at my show as well as include it on everything PC that leaves my office (emails, catalogs etc).

Do you all get a lot of business from it? Other than setting up shows and things?

chefsteph07 said:
Do you all get a lot of business from it? Other than setting up shows and things?
I usually get 1-2 orders a month...nothing stellar, but I'll take it! (That excludes show orders)

I dont get any website orders. I am hoping with the holidays I will get some last minute shoppers. But as of now, nothing. My director gets a lot of business on hers.

Oh and I have the car magnet. Yes magnet. One fell off while driving on the parkway!

I think it depends, my customer base is small, I've been with PC one year. My director has been doing it for 4 years.

In the New Year, I am promoting the HECK out of my website. I just renewed it for a year and I want to make back my $96!

chefsteph07 said:

My wife and I just started (last days of October) and held 3 shows in November. We had orders for all 3 shows come in through the website and we had 3 individual orders come through, too. For us the website is there as a convenience for our (potential) customers and hosts. In addition, we feel it makes us look a lot more professional. For the minimal cost, in my opinion, it is a great asset to have.

My signature on all outgoing emails says something like:

Elaine Ballard
Independent Director and Consultant Trainer for The Pampered Chef
H-(***) ***-**** / C-(***) ***-****
www.**************/elaineballard
Save my website under "Favorites" for 24 hour shopping! You'll be only a click away from exceptional products, savings, service and opportunity!

I talk about it at every show. I let my guests keep the catalog if they are pretty sure they aren't going to toss it. When I do my survey slip I let guests know they will get emails from me as a form of customer service. This way if they want to buy something or if something breaks they will easily be in touch with me at least once a month.

I only recently have been sending regular weekly emails. In October my online sales were $362 and November's were $352. But...April they were $619!

Once you get the hang of sending the emails- the few minutes it takes to do it really pay off. So far my website has made me over $800 in commission and almost 3,000 trip points.

I hope to triple it next year...

There is only bad thing about my website. My sites address has been the same since we were able to have them. Now, there is someone with the site as /elaine . If people don't type my name in as elaineballard and do elaine ballard ,the sale goes to the other consultant.

This also happens when I use some the web designs PC offers us. The sent email will have a hyperlink with www.***********.***/elaine
ballard (With Ballard being on the second line) Tech support said they can't do anything about it.

I am working through that by using basic HTML code like you see when you add bold or different fonts here. Lately, I have been able to make my address fit by making it smaller!

Elaine, you could change your website address if you wanted to so that other Elaine doesn't get your sales by mistake. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
Elaine, you could change your website address if you wanted to so that other Elaine doesn't get your sales by mistake. :)

wouldn't that be kind of a pain if you already have EVERYTHING imprinted with the current web addy?

Related to Promoting Your Website: Tips & Strategies

1. How can I increase traffic to my website?

There are several strategies you can use to promote your website and increase traffic. Some options include using social media, creating compelling content, utilizing search engine optimization techniques, and collaborating with other websites or businesses.

2. Is it important to regularly update my website?

Yes, it is important to regularly update your website with fresh content, as this can help improve your search engine rankings and keep visitors engaged. Consider adding new blog posts, updating product information, or creating new landing pages to keep your website current.

3. How can I use social media to promote my website?

Social media is a great tool for promoting your website. You can use platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to share links to your website, engage with your audience, and build relationships with potential customers. Make sure to post regularly and use hashtags to reach a wider audience.

4. What is search engine optimization (SEO), and how can it help my website?

SEO is the process of optimizing your website to improve its visibility in search engine results. This can help your website rank higher in search engine results pages, making it more likely that potential customers will find and visit your website. Some SEO techniques include using relevant keywords, optimizing page titles and descriptions, and building backlinks.

5. Are there any paid advertising options for promoting my website?

Yes, there are several paid advertising options that can help promote your website. These include pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, social media advertising, and display advertising. These options can help drive targeted traffic to your website and increase your online visibility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Susan Metheny
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Kimberlymmj
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies