• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Product Adjustments: Why Doesn't PC Cover Return Shipping for Broken Items?

In summary, customers are charged $4 for returns, and if the product is within 30 days of purchase, PC will send Fed Ex to pick it up. If the product is more than 30 days old, the customer has to send the product and receive a shipping label.
tinat51796
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I wasn't sure where to look. Why doesn't PC pay for customers to return broken products? I had a customer who bought the large stone with handles in Feb. It broke last week and she's returning it for a replacement. She emailed me yesterday saying it cost her almost $12.00 to mail it. She said that most companies supply a shipping label for returning products. Is that true? Why don't we do that?

Did she have to send the whole thing? Usually when I do an adjustment, they only ask for a palm sized piece of the stone. As for your question, if it is within 30 days, PC will send Fed Ex to pick it up.

mpkegley said:
Did she have to send the whole thing? Usually when I do an adjustment, they only ask for a palm sized piece of the stone. As for your question, if it is within 30 days, PC will send Fed Ex to pick it up.
...or a USPS mailing label.

This issue is something that a lot of customers have trouble with. Many don't think they should pay shipping to get their products in the first place and feel like their paying double if they have to use the warranty.

I tell them to send it the least expensive way and with stones, just a palm size piece. I nod and understand when they complain and say I know...

Personally I wish they would raise the price of everything by $0.25 or $0.50 and get rid of shipping altogether, then charge the flat $4 for any returns past the 30 days.

I don't understand why anyone thinks there should not be shipping charges (it is only $4...way cheaper than most) or return shipping charges. If I ordered something from any store online I would have to pay to have it shipped to me. Then if I wasn't satisfied w/product I would have to pay to send it back. If I broke it, well I guess I would just be SOL. I don't know of many places that have a warranty on the products. JMHO

I think the problem is that those who complain don't order anything on line. And there are several direct sales companies (Mary Kay and Creative Memories for example although CM has recently changed) that do not charge shipping. So they are complaining about our shipping because of their personal perspective.

stacywhitlow said:
I don't understand why anyone thinks there should not be shipping charges (it is only $4...way cheaper than most) or return shipping charges. If I ordered something from any store online I would have to pay to have it shipped to me. Then if I wasn't satisfied w/product I would have to pay to send it back. If I broke it, well I guess I would just be SOL. I don't know of many places that have a warranty on the products. JMHO

I couldn't agree more!

So if they break a pyrex dish they bought at Target, would the expect the store manager to drive over to their house and pick it up to do the exchange?

This is the first time one of customers has had to return something so big. I should have thought about telling her to just send a smaller piece of the stone.

As for not paying for the return shipping, I've ordered several things online and received a return shipping label with the products, in case there was a problem. So I guess I can see her point.

Related to Product Adjustments: Why Doesn't PC Cover Return Shipping for Broken Items?

1. Why doesn't Pampered Chef cover return shipping for broken items?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to provide high-quality products that meet our customers' expectations. However, in the rare event that an item arrives damaged or defective, we ask that the customer contact our customer service team to initiate a product adjustment. Unfortunately, due to the cost of shipping, we are unable to cover the return shipping for broken items. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

2. Do I need to provide proof of the broken item for a product adjustment?

Yes, in order for us to process a product adjustment, we require proof of the broken item. This can be in the form of a photo or video showing the damage or defect. This helps us to better understand the issue and improve our products in the future.

3. Can I receive a refund instead of a replacement for a broken item?

In most cases, we will provide a replacement for a broken item rather than a refund. This is because we want to ensure that our customers receive a working product. However, if the item is out of stock or no longer available, we may offer a refund as an alternative.

4. How long does it take to receive a replacement for a broken item?

Once we receive proof of the broken item and process the product adjustment, it typically takes 7-10 business days to receive a replacement. However, this may vary depending on the availability of the item and the shipping location.

5. Can I return a broken item to a Pampered Chef consultant instead of shipping it back?

Yes, if you purchased the item from a Pampered Chef consultant, you can return a broken item to them for a product adjustment. They will assist you in initiating the process and can provide a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
Replies
Views
sarahsellcm
  • Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies