• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Privacy Considerations: Is My Second Web Order Anonymous?

Just say something like, "Hey Sue, thank you for placing an order on my website. I hope you enjoy your products!"
jenniferlynne
Ok, I just got my second web order ever the other day. The first one had all of the customers info as well as email and phone number. Well, when I go under check shipment to check on this second order it says this:

Purchasing Customer
Note: Due to privacy considerations, we cannot display purchaser information.

Is this something new or does it mean the person buying it doesn't want me to know who they are? When they sent me the email saying I got an order, it did have a first initial and last name, so I have figured out that it is someone on my PC distribution list. I probably got her info at a booth or something that I had. I was going to email her a thank you note, but I'm wondering now if she is wanting to remain annonymous.

jenniferlynne said:
Ok, I just got my second web order ever the other day. The first one had all of the customers info as well as email and phone number. Well, when I go under check shipment to check on this second order it says this:

Purchasing Customer
Note: Due to privacy considerations, we cannot display purchaser information.

Is this something new or does it mean the person buying it doesn't want me to know who they are? When they sent me the email saying I got an order, it did have a first initial and last name, so I have figured out that it is someone on my PC distribution list. I probably got her info at a booth or something that I had. I was going to email her a thank you note, but I'm wondering now if she is wanting to remain annonymous.

I had an order like that, it was for my wedding registry. I took it as she just wanted to order something & that was it!;)

The customer has an option to check if they'd like to NOT be contacted by a consultant. If she checked that box, then she is electing to not be contacted by you. Alot of people think we're going to harass them in to having shows, etc... so they don't even want us to have their info. ;)
Personally, I promote that at my shows, LOL. I tell them that my website is on my catalogs... and if they'd like to order in the future they're welcome to, and they can even do it "anonymously". Usually gets a laugh, and anon online orders every month. ;)

As much as you would like to thank the customer for the order, you need to respect her privacy. Even if you can figure out who the person is respect their wishes. If you happen to run into her at a future show, you might want to say, "Oh Sue, I think you placed an order on my website. Thank you so much!"

Customers have a choice to be contacted. I have found that sometimes they don't know what it means. They interpret it as "I don't need her help right now, so I'll check no."

I wouldn't sweat it.

1. What information is collected from my second web order?

When placing a second web order with Pampered Chef, we collect your name, email address, shipping and billing address, phone number, and payment information. This information is necessary for us to process and fulfill your order.

2. Is my personal information shared with any third parties?

No, we do not share your personal information with any third parties. Your privacy is important to us and we take all necessary precautions to protect your information.

3. How is my personal information used?

Your personal information is used solely for the purpose of processing and fulfilling your second web order. We may also use your email address to send you updates and promotions, but you can easily opt out of these communications at any time.

4. Is my second web order anonymous?

Yes, your second web order is anonymous. We do not disclose your personal information to any other customers or third parties. Your privacy is important to us and we take all necessary precautions to protect your information.

5. How do you protect my personal information?

We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We use industry standard encryption methods to protect your data and all personal information is stored on secure servers. We also regularly update our security measures to ensure the safety of your information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies