• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pressured to Get Bookings...help

In summary, your recruiter wants you to book more shows per month than you want to book. She is pressuring you to do more than you feel comfortable with and this is making you feel uncomfortable. You should be firm with her and tell her what your goals are. You can either want her to hold your hand through the process or have her call after the show to check up on you.
PamperedJess
I have a question....My recruiter has but a little pressure on me to get bookings. I obviously would like to get as many as possible. I work a full time job and my Pampered Chef buisness is because I love the products and love to cook. By no means is it for money. I don't want to be mean to my recruiter but I think that her goals are unrealistic for me. Please help...

Let her know what your goals are. Tell her that you would like to book x many shows a month and that you feel this is a realistic goal for you since you do work full time. Let her know if you get more bookings in the month that it would suit you fine but for now your goal is ___.

This is terrible but I have already told her that. I told her that my first show is Saturday and that I had two other shows for July. Her reply was that my goal should be that everyone at my Saturday party have a party for me.

I agree with cheflorirayJust like every host has different sales goals so they can get what they want, as consultants we all have different goals. Not every host wants to have a $1,000 show and not every consultant wants to be an NSE. We all come to the table for different reasons. :)

Don't be pressured into doing more than you want to do. It will frustrate you and that's not good. Let her know that you're happy doing X shows a month.

I don't want to be pushy with people because that's just not me at all. She told me that I need to be pushy.

That's a great goal... but unrealistic.
PamperedJess said:
This is terrible but I have already told her that. I told her that my first show is Saturday and that I had two other shows for July. Her reply was that my goal should be that everyone at my Saturday party have a party for me.

Not everyone at every show will want to do a show for you.

If you've already told her that you are happy with doing a certain amount of shows per month, then I think you need to be more frank with her. I'd say something like this:

Recruiter, I understand that you want me to be a successful consultant and I appreciate your enthusiasm and encouragement. But I have to tell you that the pressure you're putting on me is making me feel very uncomfortable.

Then let her know what you want instead of the pressure. Do you want her to hold your hand through the process or do you want her to call after the show and check up on you? Everyone has a certain way they like to be trained.

There's a differencebetween asking and being pushy. No one will want to do a show for you if you force them into it.

Are you this person's first recruit? Perhaps she's new herself or is overzealous because she's excited that you've joined her team?

Appreciate the adviceI really appreciate the advice. I love PC, the products and I love to cook. I think this recruiter has just put a bad taste in my mouth....Also is there a required training that I must do. This recruiter asked me to leave my day job early so I could go to a few shows with her.

She said that she has been doing this for 8 years

It is my goal to have everyone at every show book off me too. :D Wouldnt that be great if all 20 people would book off of that particular show, think of the money! ;) Anyway, maybe she just meant that should be your goal as far as what you should go to the show thinking. Then if you get everyone to book fine but if you get one then that is fine to. That is why PC is so great and flexible because we are our own boss! There is no way I could keep up with booking lots of shows for each month because of full time work, ballgames, house work, ect! Stick to your guns and have as many shows as you feel comfortable with. There will be shows that you do not book from at all. Dont get discouraged and good luck to you!

You guys are so helpful I really appreciate it !!!!!!!!! :D

Don't let her sour you.Jess,

Your Director is probably pushing you so hard to receive a bonus from the company, like the Director Challenge. Since you have already told her how you feel verbally. Maybe a frank email would help, that why she cannot interrupt you and you get your point across better. Be sure to let her know again what your goals are and that you cannot compromise your full-time job for Pampered Chef right now (she probably has visions of you replacing it with PC). I think her approach leaves alot to be desired.

It really sucks because she is your director and you need to go to the training meetings each month. It is not like you can disassociate yourself from her. I hope you get the issue resolved without giving up PC.

Good luck!

I don't know anything about monthly meetings what do they consist of? Also what is the requirement to stay active with PC ?

Usually each director has a meeting with her cluster to tell news or set goals or give prizes and talk about recruiting, bookings, goal settings etc. They are ver beneficial and I wished I lived closer to mine to go to them once a month but I am three hrs away from them. To stay active in PC you are required to have $200 in sales every 2 months, which is a very easy goal to obtain. Good Luck and let us know how your first show goes on Saturday and what you decide to fix!

Usually everymonth your Director holds a training session for her cluster. You will learn selling and recruiting tips along with valuable information from the company. Its a great way to network with you fellow cluster members. The only requirement is to submit $250 in sales everyother month. Unless that has changed. Really thats a catalog show everyother month. :)

I was wondering....if the relationship b/n consultant and director is uncomfortable, is it possible to request a transfer to another director?

I wondered the same thing but didn't know who to ask

Try Advanced DirectorIf it is strained to work with your Director try your Sr. or Advanced Director. I am not sure if consultants on the consultant level can call the home office to request the switch. But I am not sure.

I was just wondering how you got hooked up with this particular director to begin with. Did you know her personally, go to a show she was doing and decided to join, contact HO, is she a hospitality director, or....????
I don't think I would like it if someone treated me like that either, I also work full-time, but I am doing this for the money, I have 4 little boys at home, wishing I could be the one staying home with them, hoping this is how I can make it happen, but I have fell in love with the products. :D I put pressure on myself though, I had a great month last month for me and this rinky-dink town, but this month, (of course it being an incentive month) I have absolutely nothing.

Remember, too, Jess . . . that your PC business is just that . . . it's yours! Your business, your way! PC has very minimal requirements of their consultants, so don't let your recruiter tell you otherwise.

Into the ExperienceSometimes the problem can be that, for your recruter (jeez, how am I ever going to recruit anyone when I can't even SPELL IT???), anyway, for her Pampered Chef is her main priority--you say she's been doing it for 8 years? Does she have another job as well? Young children? For some people, if PC is the biggest part of their life, or if they are very driven and ambitious, they can't really understand someone like yourself for whom P.C. is more of an enjoyable hobby (not to suggest that you don't take it seriously, I mean simply that you aren't salivating to reach particular sales goals).
It could also be a personality clash. My recruiter (whom I like very much) really doesn't care for our Director. I, on the other hand, find her (our director) perfectly fine when I talk to her. I think the two of them just have very different attitudes.
Maybe this aggressive attitude on your recruiter's part has worked for her in the past--she probably sees herself generating enthusiasm and getting you excited (trying to "aim high" as they say) where to you it feels like being pressured to push yourself beyond what you are comfortable with.
I would give her the benefit of the doubt, that she's trying to be helpful (in a misguided way), and listen politely to her advice (using words like "I'll keep that in mind") and simply say no when you don't want to do something (you don't have to make excuses--you aren't working for her) and just handle your business exactly the way you want.
Good luck--
I'm sure you'll do great in whatever way you choose!
D.C.

Jess,

I agree with all the other posts. Just remember a few things...

1.) This is your business. You choose whether anyone else helps you with it.
2.) I agree that training is imperative - however, you should not have to rearrange your day job schedule to attend it. Ask if you can tag along to one of her shows. If her schedule does not work with yours, then ask to tag along with a show from another one of her consultants
3.) Stay positive! Sit down, mark your calendar and determine exactly what you want to do each month. Write your goals down and send them to her. Then she has your goals in writing. No one can make you do what they want you to do.
4.) Worse case scenario - talk to your next level director. Tell them the problem you are having and have them work with you to find a solution.

Hang in there!

You guys are awesomeThank you so much for the advice. To answer some of the questions. I have really tired to be nice and tell her that I would keep things in mind that she tells me. She doesn't understand that I have another job too. PC is her life and that's great but it isn't mine 100%. When she asked if I had children and I said "no not yet" her response ....was just "OH". When I first thought about PC I just went onto the webpage and they gave me her name and email address and she contacted me. She isn't my director so I'm not really sure what she is.

Jess,

If you contacted her through the website, she definitely is at the director level or above, so she would be considered your director (sorry!)

Like I said, just write down your goals (in the Welcome Booklet) and give her a copy. Tell her this is what you will be working on.

I have 3 kids, run Vacation Bible School and Sunday School. PC is my p/t job as I have no time for all of it! My director knows my goals and helps me strive for them.

If she won't help you - go above her and seek help from the Advanced Director or call the Home Office and see if they can help. I don't know if they ever re-assign... I've never asked. But if they do, maybe you can choose someone from the message board.

Good luck!

1. How do I handle the pressure to get bookings as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, it's normal to feel pressure to get bookings. The best way to handle this is to set realistic goals and focus on building relationships with potential hosts. Don't be afraid to reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances and offer them the opportunity to host a party. You can also use social media to promote your business and reach a wider audience.

2. What if I can't find anyone to host a party?

If you're having trouble finding someone to host a party, try thinking outside the box. Consider partnering with a local business or organization to host a party or offer a cooking class. You can also offer incentives for current hosts to refer their friends to host a party. And don't be afraid to ask for help from your team leader or other consultants for advice and support.

3. How can I make booking parties a more natural part of my interactions?

One way to make booking parties feel more natural is to simply mention it in your everyday conversations. When someone compliments your kitchen tools, you can mention that they can earn free products by hosting a party. You can also offer to do a cooking demonstration for friends or family and use that as an opportunity to book a party. Don't be pushy, but make sure people know that hosting a party is an option.

4. How can I incentivize people to book parties?

Offering incentives can be a great way to encourage people to book parties. Consider offering a discount or free product to the host for reaching a certain sales threshold. You can also offer a booking bonus to guests who book a party at the event. Make sure to communicate these incentives clearly and make them time-sensitive to create a sense of urgency.

5. How important is it to follow up with potential hosts?

Following up with potential hosts is crucial in booking parties. Many people may be interested in hosting a party, but life can get busy and they may forget. By following up, you are reminding them of the opportunity and showing that you value their interest. Make sure to keep track of who you've reached out to and follow up at least once or twice before moving on to new potential hosts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msmileyface
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sherylscooking
  • Morgan032032
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • RMR1984