• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are People Starting to Avoid You????

and if they don't answer... leave a message. After two years of hosting cooking shows, it is time for a change. You have to change what you are doing to get new bookings. Try contacting out of town friends and family, contacting catalog shows, prize draws, or even advertising in your local paper.
SILV1234
Is it Just me or are friends, co workers and family starting to avoid you because they think you are going to ask them to have a show or talk about Pampered Chef. A couple moms from my sons school who canceleed parties wont return my calls or emails because they don't want to have a show and feel pressured. I just get the feeling after silling for almoet 2 years people are Pampered Chef'd out and don't want to hear about it anymore. The sad thing is I can't seem to get new bookings and all the people who have already helped me feel like they have done enough already!!!!:(

Well, after 2 years you probably have a good list of contacts from guests at shows. I would start phoning those and just start talking about the new products that are available. I know its hard not to rely on friends/family to help you out, but the phone really is our friend. And just remember, that even if they say no, they are not rejecting YOU. YOU can do this, just break out of your comfort zone - even if it is a little at a time. Is it scary? Sure, but it IS worth it. Good luck and keep us posted.
Oh, someone on here has a list of like 118 things to do to get bookings, check that out too!

Thanks I will. I think I'm just starting to take the NO'S to personally. A show I had 2 weeks back had 3 people show up out of the 22 invited. My sister in law was so upset she kept apologizing because no one showed up. I acted fine at the show but then broke down and cried the whole way home.

If after two years, you are still in your circle of family and friends, you have to change up what you are doing.

Talk to your director about how to change your host coaching and your show presentation to encourage bookings.

Work some events and booths. This is a great way to branch out from your friends and family also.

Have you thought about contacting out of town friends and family? One thing I am doing to break things up a little is booking shows in my home state through my mom and my husband's mom- and getting bookings from their shows to come down again. It just gives me a little something different and a reason to visit. Plus the travel becomes a tax write-off.

I have tried to send out flyers and post cards but no takers. Last week I spent $86.00 on postage and flyers and sent them all out to NEW people and neighbors and not one person called or emailed me back. It's hard to make phone calls because I do not have a lot of these peoples phone numbers. I also spent the money and got my own website about a month ago and have not gotten one order or booking from it yet. I'm just getting so upset that people just don't want to book shows.

One of my flyers was all about catalog shows and how easy they are and you still get the free products and again NOTHING!!!!!

Seriously. Get hooked up with a vendor fair, expo, or anything like that. Look in your newspaper and call the people advertising these events. Do a prize drawing at the fair, so you can collect everyone's contact info. Call every single one of those contacts and tell them they've won a "free cooking show". Provide the ingredients. This WILL get you out of your slump.
Sending flyers and postcards and even gold coins with lotto numbers will NOT get you a response unless its your voice asking for what you want. :)

Just went to a Susie Lite seminar today and she said something that really hit home with me and may help you as well. We were talking about making customer care calls and how we all at times tell the customer to call us if they need anything. She said, "It is not THEIR job to call you, it is YOUR job to call them. They don't get paid for calling you, YOU get paid for calling THEM."

Made me stop and think about all of the times I have said, "... but no one has called..." and made me realize, they shouldn't be calling me... I should be calling THEM. If you want to get people's phone numbers, you can go to www.whitepages.com or your local phone book. If you can't get their number... you have their address - so if they are close enough... ring their doorbell. Even if they can't talk then, you can ask for their number to follow-up later.

Also if you really think people are avoiding you because they think all you want to talk about is booking a show, don't forget this (another phrase I stole from somewhere, but don't know where... probably this site!)... Not every customer connection - whether in person, on the phone or by email - needs to be about booking or recruiting. Talk about the products they need or want. Talk about the products they purchased from you... how they like them, what they have made, how the products help in the kitchen. Talk about the upcoming guest specials and remind them they can get these specials by placing an individual order on your website or with you. Talk about anything EXCEPT booking and recruiting. And probably most important, have MANY conversations WITHOUT MENTIONING PC AT ALL. That will remind them that you still think of them as a friend, that you still want to have "normal" conversations as always and that you and are not going to become a PC stalker.

Hope this helps! Good luck!!!!!!

Pc Stalker. That's Cute Because That's How I Have Felt Like Lately!!!

I agree with the fairs, etc. I have a post on increasing sales, anyway I had day 1 of 2 yesterday at my first fair, and I am giving away prep bowls. I had 114 people enter for the drawing! 8-10 want to have shows and 2 are interested in learning more about making money with PC! I am defintely going to do another! Day 2 is today probably won't be as busy but you never know!!

Wow That's Great.....

Katie and the others have given you great advice. I especially like the point that you need to make sure you're not always mentioning PC. You don't want people to think you only view them as possible hosts/customers.

I just have one thing to add. You mention that you're beginning to take the "no" personally. Remember that you are simply offering something of value. Their no is to the offering, not to you.

The best example I've heard is a waitress offering ketchup. How many times a day do you think she hears, "No, thank you"? When that happens, do you think she walks into the kitchen and wonders if her customers don't like her? No. She just thinks they don't want ketchup.

Last edited:
That was such a good example. I really appreciate everyone's advice and comments. Thank You so much!!

Love the ketchup comment Rae - I'll have to remember that one!!

I'd take credit for it, but the facilitator used it on a FAME call I was on. I think it's a great analogy.

Sometimes, I feel like a stalker, too. When I start to feel like that I back off from those people. My opinion is that I have that feeling for a reason.

I had my first person email me last week requesting to be taken off my e-mail list. This coming after a week or so ago I made a follow-up call from the show she purchased from and she went on and on about how great it was to get the call and how professional I was and how she had just read one of my emails yesterday. I just replied to let her know she had been taken off and feel free to contact me if she changes her mind or needs anything form me. At first I took it a little personally, but then I thought it is her lost not getting all this great PC info and if she feels that way she is not going to benefit my business anyway. The main thing I was perplexed about was what seemed to be a COMPLETE turn about in it.

If I have someone tell me they want to do a show and after 3 or 4 calls they do not book or do not call me back, I bless and release. I am not going to make myself feel like I am begging for anything.

I feel that God put me in this business and as long as He wants me to continue He will provide the bookings for me and when He quits providing then He has something else for me. Of course I know that everyone does not share my feelings about God but I give Him and will continue to give Him all the glory for my success in PC.

Oh, Rae, I LOVE the ketchup line!

jrstephens said:
I had my first person email me last week requesting to be taken off my e-mail list. This coming after a week or so ago I made a follow-up call from the show she purchased from and she went on and on about how great it was to get the call and how professional I was and how she had just read one of my emails yesterday. I just replied to let her know she had been taken off and feel free to contact me if she changes her mind or needs anything form me.

Maybe her husband sent you the email requesting you not to contact her? Just a thought. Of course, i would follow thru with the request.

I also agree with giving God the glory on your bookings. I say a prayer before each of my shows, and try to keep in mind that this IS a blessing to me and my family.;)

When I'm making new contacts - I wait until we've talked for awhile about whatever - and then bring up PC. I think if you start off right away with PC - people think that you don't really want to talk to them - that you're only interested in them being a host or customer - and I would be turned away from someone if I felt like that.

What do you mean by "Are People Starting to Avoid You?"

Some people may start to avoid you if they feel that you are constantly negative or bring down the mood of a conversation or gathering. This could be due to complaining too much, being overly critical, or having a pessimistic outlook.

Why is it important to recognize if people are avoiding you?

Recognizing when people are avoiding you can help you understand how your behavior may be affecting others and give you the opportunity to make changes. It can also prevent you from feeling isolated and lonely.

How can I tell if people are avoiding me?

You may notice that people are not as responsive to your invitations or seem uninterested in spending time with you. They may also make excuses to avoid plans or seem uncomfortable around you.

What can I do if people are starting to avoid me?

Take some time to reflect on your behavior and try to identify any patterns that may be causing others to avoid you. Consider reaching out to a trusted friend or family member for honest feedback. It may also be helpful to seek professional help or practice positive self-talk and mindfulness techniques.

How can Pampered Chef products help improve relationships?

Pampered Chef products can help bring people together by making mealtime and entertaining easier and more enjoyable. By using our high-quality kitchen tools and hosting cooking parties with friends and family, you can create positive experiences and strengthen relationships. Plus, cooking and sharing meals can also be a great way to bond and communicate with loved ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alicia Denman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
texaschef1
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kristine2011
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies