• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Get Them to Book in Close!

In summary, the conversation is about the struggle to get guests to book shows closer in time. The main issue is that people in the area are planners and tend to book shows 2 months in advance. Suggestions for getting closer bookings include offering incentives, such as small prizes or bringing food, and using a booking tree or "book in close" flyer. Another idea is to create a special Easter basket with eggs containing different booking incentives. "FC" stands for food chopper, which is a more valuable incentive compared to the other $10 ones mentioned.
Morgan032032
My recruit and I both seem to be having the same problem lately--we can't get anyone to book in close (even relatively close!). I had a party Friday night and then another Saturday night..I got 5 bookings (woohoo!) but two were for July, one for June, one for May, and only one for April. I only have two shows in April (I've been trying to do about 5 each month) and I'm starting to worry.

What can I do to get the guests to book closer? They all have legitimate reasons--one wanted to wait for HWC, someone just moved and wanted to settle into their new house before their show. Another said work was crazy at the moment and would calm down in the summer. I don't like pressuring people into having shows when they're obviously stressed out, so it's a tricky situation.

I considered doing something where I write down the available dates I have on small prizes or something and the guest would get that prize if they chose the date? I don't know how well that would work. Any suggestions??

In my area, people seem to be planners - they always book 2 months in advance. After a while, I was always booked 2 months in advance, so it wasn't a problem, but in the beginning, it was a pain. You can try to do incentives to have people book shows earlier, or try the "weekly calendar" idea so people don't automatically look at the end of the month to book a show. Other than that, I know personally I have commitments on my calendar through May right now and wouldn't be able to host a show until then if I went to a show today, so it might just be your area.

You can also ask more probing questions to find out if people REALLY have stuff going on in the next few weeks, but with Passover and Easter coming soon, I have a feeling they probably do. Good luck and hang in there!!

I do a booking tree (a photo tree) that has index cards of close in dates I want to book. Date on 1 side, small gift like mix n chop or small batter bowl that I buy at their show. Booked one today for April 11th as she wanted the gift I was giving. Usually works pretty well. However, sometimes things happen and they can't book sooner and that's just how it is with some shows.

I use a "book in close" flyer. I offer to bring the food if they pick certain dates that I am looking to fill. I only put 2 dates on the flyer and they are always within 2 week. I more than likey fill those dates if I use the flyer

Easter is coming up.. I like to fix up a small Easter Basket with 3-4 plastic eggs in it. I put a slip of paper in each egg with things such as Free Kitchen Show, free $10 item of your choice, buy the FC for the price of your party date, etc.
I let them know that I only do this once a year and when they book a party they get to pick an egg and they will recieve that product with their show. I would order the FC on their hostess order.. that way they will hold the show and if they don't your not out the money for it.

Yes ditto here too. I only give the gift if they hold their show and order it on hosts order as well.

Great egg Idea :) love it and it is great if I hold a party around easter

crissy11 said:
Easter is coming up.. I like to fix up a small Easter Basket with 3-4 plastic eggs in it. I put a slip of paper in each egg with things such as Free Kitchen Show, free $10 item of your choice, buy the FC for the price of your party date, etc.
I let them know that I only do this once a year and when they book a party they get to pick an egg and they will recieve that product with their show. I would order the FC on their hostess order.. that way they will hold the show and if they don't your not out the money for it.

my preggo brain isn't working properly. what does "FC" stand for? food chopper? that's more than the other $10 incentives you listed.

What are some tips for getting more bookings and closing sales?

1. Host a cooking show: Invite friends and family to your home or virtually to showcase Pampered Chef products and demonstrate their usage. This will give them a firsthand experience and increase their interest in booking a party.

2. Offer incentives: Give your potential hosts a reason to book a party by offering exclusive discounts or free products. This will make them feel special and more likely to book a party with you.

3. Utilize social media: Share your Pampered Chef business on social media platforms to reach a wider audience. Post about upcoming shows, products, and promotions to generate interest and bookings.

4. Follow up: Don't be afraid to follow up with potential hosts who have shown interest but haven't booked a party yet. Sometimes a gentle reminder or a personal touch can make all the difference.

5. Provide exceptional customer service: Make sure to provide excellent customer service to your hosts and guests. This will leave a positive impression and increase the likelihood of them booking another party with you in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Granny52
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pattikake45