• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for the Holidays: Christmas/Holiday Shows

In summary, the author suggests that you cook a turkey in a microwave using a recipe that they found online. The turkey will be cooked to an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
DebPC
Staff member
Christmas/Holiday ShowsDo you do them? If so when do you start doing them?

I'm thinking about doing a Hide the Turkey show in November and possibly a Bar Cookie show in December. The Bar Cookie show is one dough in the Bar Pan with three different toppings - one recipe with three ways to finish it.

Where is the recipe for the bar cookie with 3 different toppings? Sounds like a great idea!
For Hide the Turkey do you do the Turkey Cranberry Wreath?

The recipe for the cookies is with a sister director - she has promised it to me. As for the Hide the Turkey, find a good recipe that uses turkey (like the wreath or a braid or some kind of casserole) and use what you want. The idea is to be able to use the turkey up without getting sick of turkey.

I want to find a turkey recipe I can do in the DCB to sell more of those going into the holidays. Need to scour my recipe collection and find one! :)

finley1991 said:
I want to find a turkey recipe I can do in the DCB to sell more of those going into the holidays. Need to scour my recipe collection and find one! :)

What about a turkey roast in the DCB? I know they sell white or dark meat ones and it takes about 1 1/2 hours in the regular oven...don't know if it has micro directions....I may just have to go buy one and let ya'll know!

turkey in the microwaveI did a search for microwave turkey cooking and got this recipe to share~it sounds like if you got a smaller turkey breast, you could have it cooked in about half an hour:

Microwave recipes
Microwave Turkey Breast
1 tablespoon flour
1 medium onion, sliced
2 ribs celery, sliced
1 (4- to 7-pound) turkey breast, defrosted
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
Pepper and paprika
Shake flour in large (14-by-20-inch) oven cooking bag. Place in a 2-inch-deep microwave-safe baking dish. Place onion and celery evenly in bag. Brush turkey breast with oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Place turkey breast on top of vegetables in bag.
Close bag with enclosed nylon tie. Cut 6 (½-inch) slits in top of bag. Calculate cooking time at 11 to 13 minutes per pound. Rotating dish every 15 minutes, microwave on medium (50 percent) until timer pops up and turkey breast reaches 170 degrees using a meat thermometer. Let stand 10 minutes before carving. (Recipe from Reynolds.)
Makes 8 to 14 servings, each (3½-ounce serving of breast meat without skin): 157 calories; 30 grams protein; 3 grams fat (17 percent total calories); no carbohydrates; no fiber; 69 milligrams cholesterol; 64 milligrams sodium.

I also found that you can use a turkey with a pop-up timer safely in the microwave as they are made of nylon and are invisible to microwaves.

Maybe Pampered Chef will come out with one this month that we can promote. They have been so on the ball lately!

Tried the turkey recipe.....that I had mentioned above and it was wonderful! I had a turkey breast from Butterball andit was 3 pounds. I cooked it in the DCB for 36 mins on HIGH and let it sit with the lid on for about 15 mins. I checked the internal temp and it was right at 160 degrees, so it was just right! I cannot wait to talk about it at my shows (a little too long for a demo) and I plan to cook it at our next TEAM meeting! We are going to give out a flyer with alot of turkey recipes on it to show the consultants lots of ways to "hide the turkey" that they can then pass on to guests! I am really excited about this in addition to the pork tenderloin, the chicken and the ribs! I hope not actually showing the demo doesn't hurt the sales.....

I just started wearing eyeliner 1 1/2 years ago. It wasn't liquid or powder- something inbetween. I didn't like it because my eyes were sensitive to it and because it was water proof I had to specially clean the brush all the time.
Then I heard this tip. Wet an angle brush with water and dab around in dark powered eye shadow and apply. No more sensitivity or special cleaning and its a softer look. I'd never go back.

Thats a great tip! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for sharing! I usually use mary kay eyeliner..the pencil one (self sharpening)

i use Avon, good tip, i'll have to try that...

What are some popular dishes to make for Christmas and holiday parties?

Some popular dishes for Christmas and holiday parties include traditional favorites like roast turkey or ham, as well as festive options like glazed ham, prime rib, or roasted pork loin. Appetizers like cheese platters, holiday dips, and deviled eggs are also common choices.

What are some tips for planning and organizing a successful holiday show?

First, start by setting a budget and deciding on a theme for your show. Then, make a detailed list of all the products you will need and plan out your menu. It's also important to advertise and promote your show to attract customers. On the day of the show, make sure to have everything set up and organized beforehand and have plenty of order forms and catalogs available.

How can I make my holiday show more interactive and engaging for guests?

Consider incorporating games or activities into your show, such as a holiday-themed scavenger hunt or a recipe contest. You can also offer live cooking demonstrations and allow guests to sample the dishes. Don't forget to have some fun holiday music playing in the background and offer festive drinks and snacks to make the atmosphere more lively and enjoyable.

What are some must-have products for holiday cooking and entertaining?

Some must-have products for holiday cooking and entertaining include a roasting pan, carving set, serving platters, and festive dinnerware. Other useful items could include a slow cooker, food processor, and baking pans. Don't forget about essential tools like knives, measuring cups, and mixing bowls.

How can I best utilize the Pampered Chef products for my holiday cooking and entertaining needs?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of products that can be useful for holiday cooking and entertaining. For example, the Deluxe Cooking Blender can help with blending creamy soups, dips, and sauces, while the Stoneware Collection is great for roasting meats and baking desserts. The Quick Cooker is also perfect for making quick and delicious holiday meals. Don't be afraid to experiment and get creative with the products to make your holiday cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
kisrae
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea