• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for Open House: Advice Needed!

In summary, the historical society is having an open house and Christmas tree tour. They are looking for a PC consultant to set up a display and if possible be on hand to answer any questions. The good news is they don't know how many people to expect but they wouldn't be surprised to get 500-700 people through the door. The person writing this summary recommends making a small display with cookies and serving it off the cooling rack. They also suggest having signs in front of recipes with the tools used so people are not surprised. Another idea is to put on your door prize drawing for a free cooking show.
pcjulie
Okay, I know December is a few months away, but I need some advice on what to do for this open house I'm doing.

Here's the situation: A member of the historical society for a community near mine is having an open house one weekend and a Christmas tree tour the next weekend, and they are both being held in an historic house they wish to renovate. They wanted a PC consultant to set up a display in the kitchen and if possible be on hand to answer any questions. I am able to give them something to include in the packet of info. they give to each person who buys a ticket, but the good news/bad news is that they don't know how many to expect but wouldn't be surprised to get 500-700 people to come through!:D :eek:

I think for my display I'm going to make it look like I'm baking Christmas cookies in there (it's a very small galley kitchen) and decorate with some of the linens and SA pieces in the deep window sill available. There is a place where I can have them fill out survey forms and I can draw one for a prize (I'm buying a stone with the special this month).

I need suggestions on if or what I should serve for food as they come through, and what I should include in the packet of info. they hand out. I'd like to get started on this ASAP so I don't have to worry about it at the end of November.

Thanks for reading my rambling and for any advice you can give!

I have never made them but are oreo Truffles easy? make something small before hand. With that many people you dont want dips or anything. You could also do little baggies with the festive bark (i dont remember the name, it is in All the Best) and tie them with a cute ribbon. that way people are not touching everything. i would do a flyer with host benefits and website promotion.

ooo! also, have out a food chopper and some nuts, and a few other little gadgets (that you dont mind people using) have on your apron and whatever you made for people, pretend to make it there. have stuff in mixing bowls, buy a "Christmas cookie" candle from Yankee Candle! let people be hands on with the products but not with the food!

Open House Samples IdeasKeep it simple! Make it look Great! Draw them in! :)

Here are some ideas:

The Wine and Cheese set-up, non-alcoholic of course. :p
A baked apple dish, have the APCS ready w/bowl or WS of apples. ;)
Cinnamon/Apple Cider in our Carafe, coffee too! :rolleyes:
Gingered Harvest Nuts. :p (I like this idea of placing the nuts in a baggie with your b.card and a tip)

Cookies are always good, b/c you can show how nice they look on the bottom since you made with stoneware. You can also cross sell the cookie press, EAD, the new decorator bottles, baker's roller & mat. Serve them off the cooling rack with the mini spatula. Everyone loves cookies at Christmas so show them how to make it easy!

At my last open house, I had recipes already made with signs in front of them saying what tools I used. Can't hurt!

Oh and put on your door prize drawing you are also drawing for free cooking shows! Then no one is surprised if you call with that ;)

Related to Preparing for Open House: Advice Needed!

1. What should I do to prepare my house for the open house event?

To prepare your house for the open house event, first declutter and clean your space to make it appear more inviting. Then, set up a designated area for your Pampered Chef products and make sure it is well-stocked and organized. You can also add some personal touches like fresh flowers or scented candles to create a cozy atmosphere.

2. How can I promote my open house to attract more attendees?

Utilize social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram to create event pages and share them with your friends and followers. You can also send out personalized invitations to your contacts and spread the word through word-of-mouth. Don't forget to mention any special deals or promotions you will be offering at the open house to entice potential attendees.

3. What should I have available for guests to sample at the open house?

It's always a good idea to have some of your favorite Pampered Chef products available for guests to sample at the open house. You can also prepare some tasty treats using your products to showcase their versatility and functionality. Make sure to have enough samples for everyone and provide serving utensils and plates for easy snacking.

4. How can I make sure my open house runs smoothly?

To ensure a smooth open house, plan ahead and create a schedule for yourself. This should include setting up the space, preparing any food samples, and having product demonstrations ready to go. It's also helpful to have a friend or family member assist you during the event to handle any questions or purchases while you focus on engaging with guests.

5. What are some ways to encourage guests to make purchases at the open house?

One way to encourage purchases at the open house is to offer exclusive deals or bundles that are only available for that day. You can also have a raffle or giveaway for those who make a purchase, which can create excitement and incentivize guests to buy. Lastly, make sure to genuinely connect with your guests and showcase the benefits of the products to help them see the value in making a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies