• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for My First Vendor Fair - Too Much or Just Right?

In summary, it sounds like you're bringing a lot of great items for the first vendor fair, but it might be nice to focus on some of the other things Kristin mentioned like gift ideas, cooking tools, etc. It sounds like you have a lot of space so you can do whatever you want!
ginamkiely
Hi, i have my first vendor fair tonight and i'm afraid i'm bringing WAY too much for display. here's what i have so far
3 mixing bowls with ribbon around them,
food chopper,
bamboo cheese board,
small batter bowl with celebration cookie mix,
large batter bowl set up like a gift set,
2 trifle bowls, one with a floral centerpiece, one with a party in a bowl,
small bowls and caddy with reindeer corn in it,
dots plate with small cranberry square and small round bowl as a place setting,
rect woven tray with rect platter w/cran set up with candles in it,
2 saute pans
and i was THINKING of bringing the roasting pan with meat lifters and turkey cards and seasoning.
i was also thinking of bringing the 3 tiered stand with squares and making the silocone cupcakes and putting them on there like someone else on here did.
i also have a small 2 foot light up tree that i'm hanging pretzel wreaths from.

am i bringing too much??? should i lose the mixing bowls?
any help would be apreciated!

It sounds great if you have a lot of room. I personally am a fan of less is better sometimes. It depends what your trying to do. Are you trying to sell product or are you trying to recruit or book shows? I think if your main focus is selling then sure why not, but if your in it for the recruiting, you don't want people to think, "Ugghh, I have to carry this much stuff". Know what I mean?

definitely. to be honest with you i have no interest at all in recruiting, i'm having a hard enough time booking my own shows. lol

thanks for your advice.

One suggestion Gina - when I've done vendor fairs I always bring my tool turn about with my tools in it - people love to look through it and if they want to order - it tends to be (at least for me) those products - just a thought!

Do you know how much space you have?
I did one last weekend, and had a space that included a 6 ft. Table, and an 8 ft. table.
Here is what I was able to display nicely: (I brought more, but couldn't make it all fit)
On the 6 ft Table
SS bowls in a tower w/ a bow
DCB
Large Stone w/ Handles (sitting up in a plate stand)
Microplane Grater
Easy Read Cups w/ a bow around them
Oven Mitt w/ kitchen tools & bamboo inside
Selection of spices (including sprinkles)
Small Batter Bowl w/ Cookie Mix inside
3 cookbooks

8 Ft Table
Basically did the display that is in the mini holiday catalog of the SA Buffet Table - I had Cranberry Crunch and Celebration Cookies on the 3 tiered stand,

Ornaments and pinecones in the Trifle Bowl
and did the Candle and ornament display in the Rectangle SA platter.

If I had it to do over, I would allot more space for the tools and stoneware, and less for the SA - people liked the SA display - but they all shopped from the table with the tools and stoneware.

I agree with Kristin... if you've got the room (set it up in a comparable sized space so you're realistic about what it'll look like too). If you're in for orders, focus on what folks need to make life easier for the upcoming holidays... gift ideas, cooking stuff... I think the roast things are great as are baking items cuz even non cooks and bakers tend to at least try their hand at it this time of year and a lot of our products make it easier for them. If you're looking at maximizing space and not overpowering with a lot of larger things, go down to 1 trifle bowl (have it set up decorated with a sign "not just for food" or something more clever.. LOL) and maybe only 1 saute pan (not sure the significance of two)... perhaps ditch the mixing bowls... get creative with other visual touches that won't kill your back... get creative with flyers and such... maybe do a collage of decorating ideas with PC stuff from our mini catalog and regular catalog like a before and after collage with various items in their 'natural' state and in their 'holiday' mode... have hand out cards with batter bowl gift ideas and gift sets for the shopper who doesn't have a lot of time to shop... and don't forget to put your contact info on anything folks can walk away with!The three tiered stand would give you height but not sure that I'd do that AND the place setting.. the tree might end up being another large thing to carry too... you could 'sprinkle' the wreaths about your display in interesting places without the tree... another idea I really liked and so did folks who stopped at my table were stocking stuffers... I laid a stocking on the table (I padded the toe and sleeve of the stocking with tissue paper) that I had PC stocking stuffers 'spilling' out of... little stuff that was under $15 each... I put it toward the back of the table too which seemed to make folks look ALL the way across... Anyway, I'd say practice your set up and see if it looks 'too busy' to your eye... the idea is to entice and educate, not overpower... tall things in the back... keep shorter things varied around so it leads the eye in a pleasing manner around ALL your items. Don't forget hand outs... I had one I adapted from the files here that had the 'bark' recipe on it and I added my own twist to the coupons it presented as incentive... note, NO ONE took them at the open house but I've been using them at shows ever since. Go in looking to learn more than anything else... you'll see folks that come in just for catalogs and nothing else... folks that SEEM interested and really aren't... and plenty of others... the most important thing to remember is relax and have fun... THAT will shine through!Good luck! Let us know how you make out!

I have done 5 booths in the past 2 months and I have found if it is to busy people miss alot. I know the SA is beautiful and the special this month, but people really love to touch. The tools are so handy to have. I find that most people love to touch and try out the stuff. I have sold more Easy Adjustable Measuring spoon/cups because people actually got to try it and then loved it.

climbercanoe3 said:
I have done 5 booths in the past 2 months and I have found if it is to busy people miss alot. I know the SA is beautiful and the special this month, but people really love to touch. The tools are so handy to have. I find that most people love to touch and try out the stuff. I have sold more Easy Adjustable Measuring spoon/cups because people actually got to try it and then loved it.

People LOVED playing with these at the one I just did! They also liked looking through the cookbooks, and I let them sample the sprinkles.......sold several of those!

Yes, like kids in the toy store! :) Good idea for the sprinkles.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the great advice. The organizer of tonight's event said I can have as many tables as I need. lol. maybe i should just take them all so no one else can set up. (jk)

I think i'm definitely going to get rid of the mixing bowls, and bring my tool turn about instead. someone from my cluster suggested against that because people apparantly steal from them. (good luck taking my santoku knife and not getting cut with it, lol)

i am bringing a lot of tools, i have a few gift bowls set up so the tools are in there but you can also take them out and look at them. i'm going to go re-evaluate what i'm bringing with me and see what i really don't NEED. i wanted to bring the new pizza stone and cutter, so now i have to make room for that as well.

good thing my mom is helping me carry all this stuff, if my orthopedist knew i was carrying as much stuff as i do before double knee surgery i'm sure he would have something not so nice to say about it. ;)

Oh also something to remember (your mention of knees reminded me)... you'll want to dress nice but make sure your shoes are comfy! I stood for 4+ hours at that open house in heels and thoroughly regretted it (the shoes not the standing - I think it's important to stand and be ready to greet folks to your table)!! My toes go numb, so I found out. I've now invested in some comfy stylish clogs (I've even gone back and bought them in all the colors they came in) that go with everything from dresses to nice trousers and they're warm, fuzzy and flat. I've worn them to two demo shows now where I'm on my feet for 2 to 3 hours and felt GREAT afterwards.

Thanks everyone for the great advice. Last night went well. The turnout wasn't as good as expected, it was the first one held by this school. I wound up getting $120 in orders and 8 YES's for shows. I also got a lot of maybe's so they will all be getting a FREE cooking show.

Just wanted to thank you again.

oh yeah and if anyone winds up needing holiday mini's... let me know i have over 150 left over!! lol

8 bookings is a fantastic amount in my area!! Way to go :cool:

I just sent you a PM about the minis.

1. How much inventory should I bring to my first vendor fair?

It is always better to bring more inventory than you think you will need. This will ensure that you have enough products to meet the demand of potential customers. However, make sure to not bring too much that it becomes overwhelming for you to manage and transport.

2. What types of products should I focus on for my first vendor fair?

It is important to bring a variety of products to appeal to a larger audience. Consider bringing popular and versatile items, as well as new and unique products to catch the attention of potential customers.

3. How should I set up my booth for the vendor fair?

Make sure to have an eye-catching display that showcases your products and draws people in. Utilize tablecloths, banners, and other decorations to make your booth stand out. Also, have your products neatly arranged and easily accessible for customers to see and touch.

4. Is it necessary to offer discounts or promotions at a vendor fair?

It is not necessary, but it can be a good strategy to attract customers and encourage sales. Consider offering bundle deals or discounts for purchasing multiple items. However, make sure to still make a profit and not devalue your products.

5. How can I make sure to stand out among other vendors at the fair?

Aside from having an attractive display, make sure to interact with potential customers and engage them in conversation about your products. Offer samples or demonstrations to showcase the quality and usefulness of your products. Also, have business cards or flyers available for customers to take with them for future reference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie4PC