• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pregnancy Surprise: My Exciting Journey to Motherhood Begins!

In summary, Rebecca is pregnant and is planning on revealing the news to her husband at a later date. She has come up with some creative ideas for surprising her husband.
nikkijo
I am so excited :D :D :D I'm also a little in shock right now (a very good shock). We were not "actively trying" but we were not preventing it either. I've been off of bc for two years and nothing happened. I only have one year left of school so this works out pretty good. I spotted for a couple of days and it went away so I decided to take a home test.

My DH is at work today, so what fun way can I tell him when he gets home tonight?

Congratulations! Is this your first?

Yes it is our first. If figured correctly the baby will be born at the end of June, for school this will work out perfect.

Hurray!

A cute way to tell your DH is to gift wrap the test...

Or go and buy a pair of baby booties for him...

Or go buy a bib that says "Baby's First Halloween".. for next year.

Just some thoughts! Good luck!

How exciting! Children are such a blessing. Our first child (a son) was born 9 weeks ago. He is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. Enjoy your pregnancy...you have a life growing inside of you! How incredible is that!?!?!!! :D :D :D :D

Congratulations! I was planning on gift wrapping a book called The Expectant Father for my DH. I'm not that creative with ideas.

Congratulations!!!!!!

Congratulations Rebecca!! That's all I can think about how exciting it is to have a baby growing inside of me.

Target had a couple of really cute expecting cards. When DH gets home I'm going to have him open the card then I'm giving him a baby gift bag with a little football in it (DH LOVES football), my first Christmas bib target didn't have any for Halloween and a baby photo album with a picture of the test results in it...and I'll probably put the tester on top with the cap on it of course.

My husband was watching the test with me but this is how I told my parents.

My mom crochet's, so, I gave her a book with the blanket I wanted her to do for me.

My dad loves horses, so, I took a picture of a pony and gave it to him and told him he may want to get one within the next 9 months.

We gave my inlaws coffee mugs with "Best Grandma/Grandpa" on them.

Yes, I did not get as creative with my inlaws, but we all know how that goes.....

Congrats and welcome to the club! We can be preggo PC buddies! I am due between June 4th and June 11th, but I haven't seen a doc yet, so I am not positive...

Congrats Nikki! I am sure DH will be excited which ever way you decide to tell him. Being pregnant is so exciting, if you don't have the sickness. Best of wishes to all of you with little lives growing inside or you.

I remember reading that one woman took her husband shopping at walmart or something with her and she put a pack of diapers and a couple other baby things in the buggy and when he noticed them he asked what she was getting them for and she said they might as well start stocking up now so they will be ready in 9 months.

OOps, I forgot to say CONGRATS!!!

Gillian we can so be pc preggo buddies! I think my due date is the end of June. I'm calling the dr tomorrow so hopefully in the next couple of days I'll have an idea.

jdavis said:
I remember reading that one woman took her husband shopping at walmart or something with her and she put a pack of diapers and a couple other baby things in the buggy and when he noticed them he asked what she was getting them for and she said they might as well start stocking up now so they will be ready in 9 months.

That's cute! Though I don't know if my hubby would even notice that... but then again we already have 2, so he's usually focused on keeping them near us! I think that's a really clever idea though. :)

I was just thinking that since Nikki said this was their first that it would fit pretty well, lol. When I was preggo with my first I told my father by just leaving a bib on his bed that said I love my Grandpa.

Congratulations!

My little one is 18 months now...I loved every second of being pregnant! (Even the not so fun times, it was still so awesome thinking of what a miricle a baby is!)

Good luck!
Let us know how you surprised your hubby with the news!

What about a Baby's first Christmas ornament or some other Baby's first if you don't celebrate Christmas (just covering my bases!)??

congrats!!!! have fun and enjoy!!!

Inside of the contratualtions were expecting card I had put a close up picture of the pg test that said positive (i had the digital one). He thought I had gotten him a Halloween card so he didn't get it right away. As soon as he realized what he was looking at he was very excited. He loved the bag of goodies I had a mini football (he loves football) a baby album in pastel colors with a pic of the results and a babys first Christmas bib. He is very excited for me to call the dr tomorrow. He doesn't want to tell anyone until they confirm it.

Thank you for all of your support!

I wish I would have thought to be creative. But... I was in school and we were not trying. I was on bc and we had other forms of backup. I thought of getting him a shirt I saw in a mag that says "my boys can swim" He'd be too embarrased to wear it.
Congrats, despite all the pains and sickness it is the most amazing experience in the world. Especially when you are the only one that can feel all the movements. I still love lying on my side and watching my belly move around (7 months along!! w/ #2)

Congratulations:D :D Is there something in the water here on CS?!

Keep the water away from me, we want to try for #3, but I want to wait so it doesn't interfere with National Conference, is that bad?

Congrats, Congrats:):)If there is something in the water, pass it this way!!! Pass it on to Anne too!

Congratulations!!!Congratulations!!!
How exciting!! I can't wait to be pregnant!!!
You and Gillian can be PC prego buddies, and both of you being due in June, that's cool!! I hope Anne and I can be prego together!!

Any morning sickness yet?

WE want to hear all the details about your pregnancy!! We will be praying for you, that this pregnancy is fun, easy and enjoyable!!

Debbie :D :D

That's right Debbie... we'll form our own preggo club!

You all are alot more creative than I was. I couldn't wait for my husband to know so I just called him up right away while he was at work and told him. With my 2nd baby, my husband was gone all day(military) and didn't get back til later that day so I had already called everyone and told them I was pregnant before he found out. Can you tell I can't keep a secret very long. :p

Congrats Nikki!

Positive TestsMy two oldest are my husband's step children. He is a great daddy!!

With our daughter who is two, I served him a romantic dinner for two of
BAby Back Ribs
Baby carrots in honey, brown sugar glaze
Baby corn
Baby rolls (rolls I just quartered)
and I handed him a menu and asked him to give me the theme!! He said "Baby?" and I said YES and handed him the test.

With our son who is eleven months, I dressed our three kids with T-shirts that say "Big Brother Michael" "Big Sister Nicole" and of course "Big Sister Naomi" for our nine month old at the time. My husband came home and didn't think much of the older children's shirts except, "Those are nice." Then he read Naomi's shirt and smiled! The kids handed him a gift box and he tore it open to see the positive test and a T-shirt I had made that read: Coolest Daddy of 4 kids!!!

My husband is an eBay fanatic. His favorite thing to buy:
Christian books (the older the better)
I thought that I would wrap up my test in tissue and in a hard book like case I bought with greeting cards in it and wrap it up in an envelope to look like it came from eBay. When we feels it and realizes it may be a book I know he'll tear right into the envelope and work his way down to the box. Then when he opens it, he'll be sure to get a surprise!!!

I haven't decided yet, I guess I need a positive test first!! :rolleyes: LOL
I will let the creative wheels in my head keep turning until then.

I was cracking up with this idea about sticking the positive test in the Turkey at Thanksgiving and letting him pull it out and read it!! LOL :D
JUST KIDDING!! I want everyone to eat my turkey!!! I thought it was a funny idea though!! :D

I can't wait!!!
Debbie :D

I think you should have a special seduction evening all set up with candles and you waiting in something really sexy.

After you break the news, you can remind him that this will probaly be the last time he gets to have sex for years and years!

Congratulations!

PChefAbey said:
Keep the water away from me, we want to try for #3, but I want to wait so it doesn't interfere with National Conference, is that bad?
I agree with you if we decied that we wanted to try for #3 I would time it out so that it was away from conference also!

Congratulations Nikki I don't remember how I told my husband about our first but fo rthe second one I put the home pregnancy test on the counter because when he comes home from work every day that is the first place he goes, and he walked in and walked out and said what is this? I said what does it look like, and then he got excited! Good luck and Haveing childern is one of the best things that could happen!

The way my DH found out about my first is actually a pretty sad story I went home from work sobbing and told him my sister had lost her baby and I was preggo it was pretty difficult for all of us. She now has 2 healthy children also congrats on your pregnancy

Last edited:
I took the test while my DH was at work, he worked over that day so I didn't get to see him before I went to work. I went to work so excited but afraid to say anything. Then when I got home, I was telling him about my night and so on, and then oh by the way it looks like you are going to be a daddy. He said I wondered how long it would take you to tell me, I saw the stick in the trash.If we get preggo again, I think I will do something cute!

Congrats to u!

At my DH's former place of employment, which was mostly men, the tradition was to bring in a dozen donuts when your wife had a baby. His friend brought in 2 dozen. Dan saw him carrying them in and asked him, "Twins?" It was!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heat123
  • DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heather223
  • tlag1986
  • General Chat
Replies