• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pregnancy Possibilities: Confused and Exhausted?

In summary, Sarah is trying to get pregnant and is experiencing lightheadedness, nausea, tiredness, and "premenstral" cramps. She took a home preggo test and it came back negative, but she is still hopeful. Leah, her cyber friend, is pregnant and has had similar symptoms, but her results from a home test came back positive.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I have been light headed, bolting out of chappel at church yesterday so I can toss my cookies, being hungry all the time, my legs hurting and heavy, I have no engergy.... We are trying to get prego... but I am suppsoed to start my cycle this week.. so I am not late yet.... BUT... I am :confused:

Hmmm. Light-headed, nauseated, tired. If you're trying to get pregnant, it sounds to me like you might have succeeded. Of course, if you're using fertility drugs, it may simply be hormonally based.

hmmm....sounds like you can stop trying to me....those symptoms should go away in say, 9 months? j/k...maybe?!

I went off the pill in January...... after long talk and praying.... we have only been married since December... not that it matters.....

Have you taken a home preggo test yet? Sounds like you could be - maybe? You might want to go ahead give it a try (but you don't have to post the results....ony if you want to!) LOL!!

Take a test. Most will be able to tell before your first missed period. Or so the commercials say.:rolleyes:

I will post the results tonight... either way......I am neverous about taking one... because I have a condition that makes getting preo diffuiclt.... anyone here know what Poly Sisitic (sp?) ovaries are??

Leah, my SIL has that as well and has had 2 successful pregnancies. It's not impossible!

Good luck with the tests! Let us know. :)

Good luck!! Can't wait to hear :)

I had polysistic ovaries too Leah. I say had as I had my ovaries removed 5 years ago when I had my hysterectomy. I hope you have good news tonight!
Take care and try not to stress out too much while you are waiting.

I found out 3 weeks ago that I was pregnant. I stopped the pill in December. I took a test about 3 days before I should have started and it said neg. I waited about a week and a half and took another and it said pos. The only symtoms that I had were "premenstral" cramps. I just thought that I was fixing to start. Boy was i fooled!

PamperedChef GURU said:
I found out 3 weeks ago that I was pregnant. I stopped the pill in December. I took a test about 3 days before I should have started and it said neg. I waited about a week and a half and took another and it said pos. The only symtoms that I had were "premenstral" cramps. I just thought that I was fixing to start. Boy was i fooled!

Congratulations!!

Congratulations, Sarah.

pamperedlinda said:
Have you taken a home preggo test yet? Sounds like you could be - maybe? You might want to go ahead give it a try (but you don't have to post the results....ony if you want to!) LOL!!

Speak for yourself Linda! She does have to post the results!!

Her cyber friends deserve to know!!

Good luck Leah. Hope the results are as you want them to be!

jrstephens said:
Speak for yourself Linda! She does have to post the results!!

Her cyber friends deserve to know!!

Good luck Leah. Hope the results are as you want them to be!
Oh, that came out wrong.....I meant that she didn't have to post the pee-stick picture (like Gillian did) LOL!!! Yes, she definately has to tell us the results!

Congratulations, Sarah!!

Leah I hope you get feeling better. As my parents would say is you have the mummy's curse. You are sick for 9 months then all of a sudden you feel better.;)

I wouldnt' even begin to knwo how to post a pee-stick photo...LOL But I will let you guys know....... I have a five year old daughter that asked me and my hubby the other day if she could have a brother or sister to play with..LOL I havent' been prego in 6 years ... so I dont' even knwo what it begins to feel like LOL.... Congrats Sarah....

Congrats Sarah - and Leah you better take that test and let us know!!!!! We're all waiting with baited breath!!

Jennie4PC said:
Leah I hope you get feeling better. As my parents would say is you have the mummy's curse. You are sick for 9 months then all of a sudden you feel better.;)

Thanks Jennie..... I am having a hard time rembering things lately... my Dh ask me now who is the one with the brain injury me or you... He has a tramatic brain injury from a horrible car accdient form 10 years ago.

Congratulations Sarah - Leah, I hope it is good news...I puked right after I got pregnant with my daughter, before I was late, had that "sea leg" type feeling and felt dizzy...sure enough...it had happened. But, I'm so done with the pregnancy stage...enjoying watching them grow up now...

My memory began to go at the beginning of my pregnancy too. Sounds like you have several of the symptoms, so it just might be!

Leah
it is so amazing how each pregnancy is different I was so sick with #1 lost 20lbs #3 I puked a total of 5 times. Good luck

pamperedgirl3 said:
My memory began to go at the beginning of my pregnancy too. Sounds like you have several of the symptoms, so it just might be!

Mine too! The worst part is that it still hasn't gotten back to normal, 9 YEARS LATER! LOL! Gotta love pregnancy insanity!

Congrats Sarah and hopefully you too, Leah!

PamperedChefDebi said:
Mine too! The worst part is that it still hasn't gotten back to normal, 9 YEARS LATER! LOL! Gotta love pregnancy insanity!

Congrats Sarah and hopefully you too, Leah!

Hmmm...wonder how long we can blame that on the pregnancy? Months, years, decades????;)

pamperedgirl3 said:
Hmmm...wonder how long we can blame that on the pregnancy? Months, years, decades????;)

At least until they're out of the house! ;)

Jennie4PC said:
Leah
it is so amazing how each pregnancy is different I was so sick with #1 lost 20lbs #3 I puked a total of 5 times. Good luck

when I was pregrant with my daughter I was sick all 9 months 24 hours a day.

Okay, so what is my excuse then?? I have heard age & pregnancy are 2 reasons, but about a 23 year old that doesn't have any kids? hehe...

I was 23 when I had my daughter...... hehehe

jenniferknapp said:
Okay, so what is my excuse then?? I have heard age & pregnancy are 2 reasons, but about a 23 year old that doesn't have any kids? hehe...

Ummm, you're practicing? ;)

LOL that might help to Jennifer.....;)

I have PCOS. And I have 3 beautiful children. The one thing that worked for me was losing a ton of weight. (okay, not quite a ton!) I felt really good about my body....until the baby weight came....about 2 months later!!!!lol happy to be chubby to have my babies..... wouldn't trade it for anything. Can't wait to hear your news, leah!

Yeah I am losing weight right now... here is my other concern....I suffer from depression so I am on wellburtin....... nervous..... scared.... and oh my I think ihave to pee again LOL

I have seen a maternity shirt that says, "Pregnesia: 1) temporary confusion and memory loss brought on by the growing bun in one's oven; 2) a gap in one's memory during those nine long months; 3) a good excuse, 'cause you've got to be preggers to use it!"

Too cute! No excuse for the time afterward though... :)

Congrats, Sarah! How are along are you? (Leah, I'm not trying to hijack another one of your threads... Sorry!)

Last edited:
that's cute where did you get that shirt at??

You can get it at Due Maternity, online at 2 chix or Due. They have lots of cute "novelty" pregnancy shirts.

There's one that says, "I'm really an A-cup." There's one with stick figures of a daddy and a pregnant lady that says, "Bullseye!"

At least I think they're funny. Not everyone might agree... :)

mommyhugz1978 said:
Yeah I am losing weight right now... here is my other concern....I suffer from depression so I am on wellburtin....... nervous..... scared.... and oh my I think ihave to pee again LOL

Check with your doc. There are several drugs that are safe. I take Paxil and will have to go off of it when i have kids due to some recent research, but I don't remember reading anything about wellbutrin. I took it originally, and couldn't deal with the side effects (dizziness mostly). I know that zoloft is safe during pregnancy b/c a friend of mine took it.

keep us posted!
tara;)

Tara1021 said:
Check with your doc. There are several drugs that are safe. I take Paxil and will have to go off of it when i have kids due to some recent research, but I don't remember reading anything about wellbutrin. I took it originally, and couldn't deal with the side effects (dizziness mostly). I know that zoloft is safe during pregnancy b/c a friend of mine took it.

keep us posted!
tara;)

Thanks... I will do that... I have heard differnt things from differnt people.... I havent' had any side affects other than weight loss from wellbutrin...

Stay away from Paxil! A dear friend of mine has a beautiful little girl with horrible issues because of it.

If you're taking a test "early", use your first morning pee. Hormone levels are higher/more concetrated then, and a "positive" result will show up better...although there are no guarantees with the early testing.

I used the term "pregnesia" my whole pregnany, especially during shows! A downline gal who is also pregnant told me about it, and I loved it!

Last edited:
Oh, yeah....

And congratulations!!

(Fixed first post to read "beautiful little girl")

Keep us posted!

Oh, and on the memory loss...if I ever forget anything at a show (which happens ALL THE TIME), I tell my guests that my son took half of my brain with him when he came out 3 1/2 years ago. That always gets a laugh b/c they know what I'm talking about...LOL!

Prayers are with you girl! If it's negative, keep trying and it will happen!!

I am an Adoptive mother! After 8 years in trying! When we decided to adopt, he arrived in 6 weeks! He is now 8 and we have been there since the beginning.

Lots of luck and post the results! We are all waiting!!

Congrats Sarah...and Good Luck Leah. Evening pee works too...get the test in a two pack!

Well after looking at a calender I realized this afternoon that I am 5 DAYS LATE... I got brave enough to call my DH at work.... to let him know..... he says well go get a test.. I said I am too chicken too......

If you were trying then what are you afraid of?? I can't stand to not test!!

You want me to take it for you? I have a feeling that we would yield the same result, LOL!

What I am afriad of is something that happen with my exhusband.....I am opening myself up here... but here it goes becasue I consider you guys very good friends....When I got pregreant with my darling daughter 6 years ago... when I told my then husband that I was pregrenat he beat me....to the point that I landend in the ER....Not that my new husband would do that to me... But the fear is their on that part ... my other fear is that it would come back negative...I have taken so many pregancy test that have came back negative that it scares me.. if that makes sense... LOL

That makes sense Leah...I pray that you have chosen wisely with this husband and that he will be blessed with the pregnancy.

If it is negative, it is a chance to try again...

I'll be praying tonight that you overcome your fears and enjoy this time no matter what it brings.

BTW, follow his advice and go get a test...

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!! (...and potentially celebrate with you).

Thanks for the prayers I so need them right now......

<h2>1. What are common symptoms of early pregnancy?</h2><p>Some common symptoms of early pregnancy include light-headedness, nausea and vomiting (also known as morning sickness), increased appetite, fatigue, and body aches.</p><h2>2. Can these symptoms also be caused by other factors besides pregnancy?</h2><p>Yes, these symptoms can also be caused by other factors such as stress, illness, hormonal imbalances, or changes in diet or exercise. It's important to consult with a healthcare provider if you are experiencing these symptoms to determine the cause.</p><h2>3. Is it possible to experience pregnancy symptoms before a missed period?</h2><p>Yes, it is possible to experience pregnancy symptoms before a missed period. Some women may experience symptoms as early as a week after conception. However, it's important to note that these symptoms can also be caused by other factors and should not be relied on as a definitive sign of pregnancy.</p><h2>4. How can I ease my pregnancy symptoms?</h2><p>There are a few things you can do to ease pregnancy symptoms, such as taking frequent breaks to rest and relax, drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated, eating small, frequent meals to combat nausea, and incorporating gentle exercise into your daily routine.</p><h2>5. When is the best time to take a pregnancy test?</h2><p>The best time to take a pregnancy test is after a missed period. This is when the hormone hCG, which indicates pregnancy, is most likely to be detected in a urine test. However, some tests claim to be able to detect hCG earlier, so it's important to follow the instructions on the specific test you are using.</p>

Related to Pregnancy Possibilities: Confused and Exhausted?

1. What are common symptoms of early pregnancy?

Some common symptoms of early pregnancy include light-headedness, nausea and vomiting (also known as morning sickness), increased appetite, fatigue, and body aches.

2. Can these symptoms also be caused by other factors besides pregnancy?

Yes, these symptoms can also be caused by other factors such as stress, illness, hormonal imbalances, or changes in diet or exercise. It's important to consult with a healthcare provider if you are experiencing these symptoms to determine the cause.

3. Is it possible to experience pregnancy symptoms before a missed period?

Yes, it is possible to experience pregnancy symptoms before a missed period. Some women may experience symptoms as early as a week after conception. However, it's important to note that these symptoms can also be caused by other factors and should not be relied on as a definitive sign of pregnancy.

4. How can I ease my pregnancy symptoms?

There are a few things you can do to ease pregnancy symptoms, such as taking frequent breaks to rest and relax, drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated, eating small, frequent meals to combat nausea, and incorporating gentle exercise into your daily routine.

5. When is the best time to take a pregnancy test?

The best time to take a pregnancy test is after a missed period. This is when the hormone hCG, which indicates pregnancy, is most likely to be detected in a urine test. However, some tests claim to be able to detect hCG earlier, so it's important to follow the instructions on the specific test you are using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
JAE
  • emiscookin
  • General Chat
Replies