• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers Needed for Boy Scouts in Iowa

In summary, there was a tornado in Iowa that hit a Boy Scout Camp around 7 p.m. Four fatalities have been reported and many others have been injured. The conversation participants all express their deep sorrow for the affected families and their prayers for them. Some are personally connected to the Boy Scouts and are especially affected by the tragedy. The bravery of the boys who helped others during the disaster is also mentioned.
pampchefrhondab
Oh gosh,

Just while I was coming back to CS I read there was a tornado in Iowa about 7 p.m. tonight that hit a Boy Scout Camp. They say at least 4 have died! My son is 13 and goes to Boy Scout Camp! My heart just aches for the parents of these children! I can't even imagine.

I will be saying many prayers for them.

OH WOW!!! I'm VERY involved with my DS's cub scout pack and our local BSA council. I'm sure we'll hear about it at our distric meeting tomorrow, but if not, thanks for the info so I can pass it along!

pampchefrhondab said:
Oh gosh,

Just while I was coming back to Chef Success I read there was a tornado in Iowa about 7 p.m. tonight that hit a Boy Scout Camp. They say at least 4 have died! My son is 13 and goes to Boy Scout Camp! My heart just aches for the parents of these children! I can't even imagine.

I will be saying many prayers for them.

No---- I will pray for the parents and the boyscouts. How terrible!

WOW! Thanks for the info. I have 2 sons both in scouts. 13 and 10. My oldest is going to camp next month. So scary to have that happen. My heart just aches for those families.

Just heard about this on the morning news - sad!

janetupnorth said:
Just heard about this on the morning news - sad!

Same here, I was listening to the news while getting ready, and then it was mentioned again on the Mancow show this morning. How tragic, I am so proud of those boys who were able to act in the emergency by helping others in the disaster. Those kids are so brave, and I was so sorry to hear that there were fatalities and many other injured :(

My stomach sank when I heard the news this morning. They are all in my prayers.

Heartbreaking. Prayers sent.

Related to Prayers Needed for Boy Scouts in Iowa

1. What happened to the Boy Scouts in Iowa?

On August 10th, 2021, a severe storm hit the Boy Scouts of America's Camp Mitigwa in Iowa, causing significant damage to the campsite and injuring several scouts and staff members.

2. Are the Boy Scouts in Iowa okay?

While some scouts and staff members sustained injuries, all individuals have been accounted for and are currently receiving medical treatment. The Boy Scouts of America is working closely with local authorities to ensure the safety and well-being of everyone affected by the storm.

3. How can I help support the Boy Scouts in Iowa?

You can support the Boy Scouts in Iowa by donating to the Boy Scouts of America's Emergency Assistance Fund, which provides resources and support to scouts and staff members affected by natural disasters. Additionally, you can reach out to your local Boy Scouts council to see if they are organizing any volunteer efforts or fundraising initiatives.

4. Is the campsite in Iowa still open for use?

At this time, Camp Mitigwa in Iowa is closed for repairs and will not be open for use. The Boy Scouts of America will provide updates on the status of the campsite as they become available.

5. How can I stay updated on the situation with the Boy Scouts in Iowa?

You can stay updated on the situation by following the Boy Scouts of America's official social media accounts and checking their website for any announcements or updates. You can also reach out to your local Boy Scouts council for more information on how you can support the scouts and staff affected by the storm.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
~*Heather*~
  • Karen
  • General Chat