• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for My Two-Year-Old Son at the Hospital | Crystal's Update

In summary, Sam went to the hospital due to not breathing and was having a difficult time breathing. His mouth was light blue around his lips and he was choking when he coughed. He had a fever of 102.2.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
Sam, who will be two in January, just went to the hospital. My DH took him over b/c he wasn't breathing well. His mouth was light blue around his lips & he was choking when he coughed. It was really scary to hold him & have him be completely listless in my arms. He had a fever of 102.2.

If you could, just say a prayer for him, I would appreciate it. It's 2:40 AM & I can't sleep. I couldn't go to the hospital b/c of our two girls at home. They left at 1:40 to go & the drive is about 30 minutes, but we've got 3 inches of snow & sleet on top of that. :grumpy:

Thanks.
Crystal

Praying for all of you. Keep us posted.

Oh Lord please be near and keep this little guy and his family safe. I pray that they arrived safely and that he is getting the medical attention that he needs quickly.

Praying right now - and hoping to hear good news soon!

I am praying Crystal!:angel:

Any news Crystal????

Your family's in my prayers. Hoping to hear good news soon!

Wow, Crystal. I hope everything turns out ok!!

Prayers going your way

God bless and bestest thoughts for all

~

I'm praying.

Those of us who are Moms, and have sat up through sleepless nights listening to our sick babies breathe, are so there with you right now Crystal......I'll keep praying throughout the day for good news!

Love, hugs and prayers. Keep us posted.

Praying for your little boy Crystal - hope he is feeling much better today!

Sorry it took me so long to post a reply. They got home around 5:00, DH came to bed & we got back up around 6:30 to get Emily off to the bus. Then, we all crashed again. Sara's sick too & will be going to the doc this afternoon.

Sam has croup & is on medicine for that. He's drinking lots of fluids which is good. He's still just kind of laying around not wanting to do anything.

Thanks for your prayers everyone! We certainly appreciate it!

Crystal

Poor baby! Glad that he is home and at least on meds. Praying your family will be well soon!

Thanks for the update.

Crystal~

Somehow I missed this thread earlier this morning!

Praise you Lord for watching over this little boy! I pray that he recovers quickly! (Your DD too!)

crystalscookingnow said:
Sorry it took me so long to post a reply. They got home around 5:00, DH came to bed & we got back up around 6:30 to get Emily off to the bus. Then, we all crashed again. Sara's sick too & will be going to the doc this afternoon.

Sam has croup & is on medicine for that. He's drinking lots of fluids which is good. He's still just kind of laying around not wanting to do anything.

Crystal

:::::whew::::::
Glad to hear he's home and is going to be ok!
I hope Sara feels better, soon, too!
...and I hope the rest of you don't catch it!

crystalscookingnow said:

Crystal
You know, I was thinking Croup, but I didn't want to act like I knew it all and I didn't want to tell you not to worry because that is pointless! I have been in your situation with my son too, and it's scarey! I know 2 things that help. Bundle him up in a jacket or blanket and take him out in the cool night air, sounds weird but it helps! The other is to turn on the shower in your bathroom to the highest heat possible, close the doors and let it get all steamy and then take him in and let him just breathe that steamy air! You will be in there with him too and be prepared to sweat but it's worth it!;)
I think Nebulizers work too, but I don't know if you have that! We do, my daughter had infantile asthma and my insurance company bought it for us!

I'll pray for his speedy recovery!:angel:

So glad to hear he's ok. I was wondering about croup too. I've dealt with it about 8 times in the past 3 years with my 5 year old son. He's almost 6. It's scary as heck. Especially when you have no clue what it could be. My son's first bout with it, I had a feeling I knew what it was because I had it when I was in 2nd grade and ended up in the hospital for 3 days. I can remember it pretty well...sitting in the steamy bathroom, having blood taken at the hospital, the breathing treatments, etc. Now with my son because it seemed to be recurrent, we did see an ENT to just double check nothing else weird was going on. Had some various tests and nothing was abnormal...he's just susceptible to it.

Luckily now they seem to be able to treat it with an ER visit...we've had about 6 or 7. My son actually knows the routine now. IF the steamy shower doesn't work and it's cool enough to go out into the cold air but that doesn't work, then it's off to the ER. He gets a breathing treatment and those oral steroids. Then he's fine a day or two later. We've never had to return to the hospital within the same episode, so hopefully you're in the clear.

It's very common this time of year (in the colder states, probably not down south). When my son was in for it just a couple weeks ago, within the span of 20 minutes of us being in there at midnight, TWO other kids came in barking like seals with croup.:(

Good luck, I hope it all goes well and he bounces back quickly.

Crystal I'm praying for a speedy and complete recovery for your son...God Bless

Dear me! That is SCARY! I am SO THANKFUL all is well. I lived with croup when I was little! My mom is SO old school and could not believe it when my dr. told her to take me out into the night air, but as we all know - it works wonders!

I am praying that all are well soon!!!

Thank you again for all of your prayers. It hasn't been a very fun past 24 hours.

I think we're all going to crash out pretty quickly around here tonight. I've had about 3 hours of sleep in the last 36. :(

Sam is still as junky as he was but he's on a decongestant. Sara has bronchitis & is on amoxil. Sam still isn't breathing as well as he should be, but he's doing better. Sara's still coughing & hacking, hopefully, she'll settle down a bit.

Funny thing about the nebulizer (I can't remember who posted about that) - we do have one from when Sara had RSV (I have breathing trouble, too). We had given Sam a breathing treatment before DH took him over. The nurse yelled at him for giving Sam the treatment! I guess this is going to be the course for them. I've got horrible breathing troubles & I was praying that they wouldn't get this from me. Emily doesn't seem to have it, so hopefully we lucked out there. Sam & Sara were both preemies though, so maybe that's why they're prone. I don't know. :(

Thanks again, everyone. Night, night...... :indif: :indif: :indif:

I hope everyone is feeling better. I know what it is like to hold a little one like that - my 4 yr old DS had asthma really bad for a while. It was a little hairy until we got all the medicine sorted out and really knew what to watch for in a little person who couldn't tell us what was wrong. Best wishes while you work through this and I hope everyone is feeling much better very soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

What is "Prayers for My Boy"?

"Prayers for My Boy" is a collection of heartfelt prayers and blessings specifically written for boys. These prayers cover a range of topics such as protection, guidance, strength, and gratitude.

Who is the author of "Prayers for My Boy"?

The author of "Prayers for My Boy" is not specified as it is a compilation of prayers from various sources. However, the book is published by Pampered Chef, a well-known company that offers kitchen tools, cookbooks, and other products for families.

Is "Prayers for My Boy" suitable for all ages?

"Prayers for My Boy" is suitable for all ages, but it is specifically written for boys. The prayers are simple and easy to understand, making it suitable for young children as well as teenagers.

Can I customize the prayers in "Prayers for My Boy"?

While you cannot change the existing prayers in the book, you can certainly use them as inspiration to create your own personalized prayers for your son. You can also modify the prayers to fit your specific beliefs and values.

Is "Prayers for My Boy" only for Christian families?

No, "Prayers for My Boy" is not limited to Christian families. The book contains prayers from different faiths and can be used by families of any religious background. The focus of the book is on instilling positive values and blessings for boys, regardless of their religion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
TiffanyK
  • ellietheresa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cwinter474
Replies