• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for My Grandson...and Me

In summary, Josiah is being kept company by his grandmother while his mother is at the hospital. He has thrown up multiple times and is being given 1/4 tablespoon of Pedialyte every 10 minutes to try and prevent further vomiting.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
He started throwing up at 8:30 tonight. He has thrown up multiple times... I have a couple of washer-loads of towels to clean up. Anyway, he is with me so Ali & John Paul have not been exposed. She is being induced at 9 a.m. Thursday to have little Maggi. Ali called the pediatrician about 9:30 after the 4th time he threw up and she told her that neither Josiah nor I can be around her or the baby for at least 12 hours after the last time he threw up. I am the only one with him right now and can't have anyone around me either since I am exposed to him. I told Ali not to worry... She threw up like this until she was about 5 years old. I am to give him no more than 1 tablespoon of Pedialyte every 10 minutes for an hour. Right now he has taken only 1/4 tablespoon since I am giving it to him in his medicine dropper. That has stayed down about 30 minutes. He is asleep for now and hopefully that will last. I hope to get a little sleep if he doesn't throw up any more. He didn't throw up for two hours and the last time was very little and that has been almost an hour ago, so maybe all this is slowing down. I know Ali was very upset and wanted to be with him. John Paul assured her since I had been through this with her (although that was a long time ago), I was the best person to deal with it. Please pray he will stop throwing up so I will be able to be at the hospital at some point tomorrow to meet little Maggi. Also pray that I don't take this virus. I never took them when Ali was sick but I am a lot older now! Thanks for all the prayers for us!

Oh, honey I am SO sorry that you have one more thing to deal with when you are so anxiously awaiting Maggi's arrival! I'll bet that Josiah is glad to have you keeping him company though. Prayers to you and to Ali and John Paul as they welcome their new little one...and to Josiah that he gets better quickly so he can meet his new little sister!!!

Poor little guy. I'll be praying.

Prayers for you & Josiah! I hope your night improved as it went on :)
Please let us know how you are all doing & when Maggi arrives!!

Awww...I hope the poor little guy is doing better this morning! I pray that he gets over this quickly, that you don't get sick, and that you are able to go see your daughter and new grandaughter when she gets here!

Keep us posted!

Agreeing in prayer for all of the above.

He quit throwing up at 11:50 last night. He has drunk 1 bottle of Pedialyte. I told him it was "special juice" so he is drinking it. His other grandparents came in last night so they just picked him up from me. I didn't sleep until 5:30 a.m. since yesterday at 3 when we woke up from his nap. I am headed to bed now and hopefully will get some sleep.

Ali is at the hospital. She was 3 cm dialated yesterday and 80% effaced so it will probably be not a long labor.

Keep praying for all of us! Thanks!

What is "Prayers for My Grandson...and Me"?

"Prayers for My Grandson...and Me" is a book written by author and founder of Pampered Chef, Doris Christopher. It is a collection of prayers and reflections for grandmothers and grandsons to share together.

Who is the book intended for?

The book is intended for grandmothers and grandsons of all ages who want to deepen their relationship and spiritual connection through prayer and reflection.

What kind of prayers are included in the book?

The book includes a variety of prayers, including thanksgiving, blessings, forgiveness, and guidance. Each prayer is written specifically for grandmothers and grandsons to share together.

Can this book be used by grandmothers and grandsons of different faiths?

Yes, this book is meant to be inclusive and can be used by grandmothers and grandsons of any faith or spiritual background. The prayers are universal and focus on the bond between a grandmother and her grandson.

Is this book available in other formats besides paperback?

Yes, "Prayers for My Grandson...and Me" is available in e-book format for Kindle and Nook devices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefjane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • pcchefjane