• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request for Grand Daughter

with radiation and chemo. I just want her to get well again and to not have to go through this again. I am sending out more prayers for her.Thank you for sending out your prayers for Laura. We are all here for her through this difficult time.I am so sorry to hear about Laura's relapse. I know she is going to need all the prayers she can get during her treatment. Sending lots of love to you all.Prayers for your granddaughter. Sending you lots of love and light during this difficult time.I will continue to send prayers for your granddaughter Laura.I am so sorry to hear that Laura has relapsed. My prayers are with her and her family during this difficult time.
[email protected]
Gold Member
My 7 year old grand daughter Laura has just relapsed with Neuroblastoma Cancer. She has been NED (no evidence of disease) since 2-08. She will turn 8 on 4-11-2011. We are heartbroken. I would like to ask for prayers as she begins chemo again this Monday. It will be another tough fight.

OH NO Carolyn. I will definately pray for her. My heart just broke for your family. As we have discussed in the past..this is a horrible horrible disease. I will also put her on our prayer chain at church.

I just sent it out to my Prayer list. I have known of 2 kids w/that awful disease - and my soon-to-be 8-year-old's best friend was also born on 4/11/03...Love & Prayers

So sorry to hear of the relapse. My prayers go out to your granddaughter and her family.

Praying for you and your family...If she has a Caring Bridge or Care Pages (or the like), and you feel comfortable sharing it, please do!

She does have a carepage. She is on carepages.com and her page name
is LauraVDB. Thank you for the prayers.

Many prayers for your granddaughter and family....

Will be praying for all you during this journey. I am still dealing with chemo side effects 2 1/2 years later.

Many Prayers offered up

Prayers sent to you & your family.

Such sad news! I got tears in my eyes just reading your post. Prayers for all of you!! Hope you get better news real soon!!

Lifting you all in prayers!! I'm so sick of cancer and pray someone finds a cure for this horrible disease!

ME TOO!!! I am sending out as much positive power as I can!

Sending prayers for your granddaughter. May God remove the cancer from her little body quickly and painlessly and use her story as a way to bless his holy name. Amen!

Love and prayers for your granddaughter and all of you.

Agreeing with you for Laura's healing! We will be praying for her and your family as you go through this trying time together.

I wanted to give everyone an update on Laura. She has been inpatient since Monday receiving high dose chemotherapy. The staff has worked to get a good balance with anti nausea meds and pain medications. Mornings have been rough, but afternoons are better. We can feel all our prayer support around us.

Prayers for a healing for your granddaughter and for comfort and strength for everyone who loves her!

Quick update on Laura. She received high dose chemo Mon-Fri last week and is home on IV hydration. It was a pretty rough week, however, she does have periods of feeling spunky. Today is her 8th Birthday!!! Thank you for all your prayers!

Happy 8th Birthday to Laura! Hope it's a wonderful day for her:) Glad to hear she has some spunk too! Praying for her as she goes through this tough time.

Prayers for you and your family

Laura is once again in the hospital for fever and low counts.

For those who are praying for Laura and wanting updates, here is her recent one.
Read the update now: http://www.carepages.com/carepages/LauraVDB/updates/2996525?client_code=umich&ipc=mur

Carolyn, looking for updates but the link you just posted brings up a membership login screen, no info on Laura.

If you sign in, you can read it any time. You just have to create a password and sign in. Let me know if that does not work and I will email the update to you.

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/LauraVDB/updates

This is the update on my grand daughter Laura from Trisha: Good news: No New Spots. Bad News: Her tumor didn't respond at all to the high dose chemo. We are switching to radiation immediately. Appointment with the radiation oncologist on Monday.

Prayers continue.

With tears in my eyes, for this sweet baby I pray, God in Heaven, hold this child in your hands and make her strong and well again. Bring comfort, hope and strenght to who love her. Amen.

Sandi

Will be praying for your family God Bless

I wanted to send an update on my grand daughter Laura. She has completed high dose chemotherapy, several rounds of low dose chemo, and high dose radiation. Her tumor has shown improvement and she is now considered no evidence of disease. Because neuroblastoma is so aggressive, she will continue on low dose chemo and hopefully will participate in a new clinical trial in New York. Thank you for your prayers.

Thank you so much for the update! I pray that she continues to be NED!!

I know it has been awhile since I asked for prayers for my grand daugher Laura. She has relapsed once again with a tumor in her femur and in her neck. She travels from Michigan to NY for her treatments. This is another heartbreak for us. She is 9 now and really knows what this all means. She cried because she would lose the hair she has grown back. Please please keep her in your prayers and feel free to add her to any prayer list you know of. Thank you.

Please continue to keep her in your prayers. This is a very nasty relapse.

praying for all...

1. What is Neuroblastoma Cancer?

Neuroblastoma is a type of cancer that develops from immature nerve cells. It usually occurs in young children and can be found in various parts of the body, most commonly in the abdomen, chest, neck, or spinal cord.

2. What does it mean for a child to relapse with Neuroblastoma Cancer?

A relapse occurs when the cancer comes back after a period of remission. In this case, Laura had been in remission since 2008, but the cancer has returned and she will need to undergo treatment again.

3. How old is Laura and when did she first get diagnosed with cancer?

Laura is currently 7 years old and was first diagnosed with Neuroblastoma in 2008 when she was only 3 years old.

4. What is NED (no evidence of disease) and why is it significant?

NED means that there is no sign of cancer in the body. It is significant because it means that the treatment was successful in getting rid of all the cancer cells and the person is considered to be in remission.

5. How can we help and support Laura and her family during this difficult time?

The best way to help and support Laura and her family is to offer your thoughts and prayers for a successful treatment and quick recovery. You can also reach out to them with kind words, offer to help with daily tasks, or provide emotional support. Additionally, you can donate to cancer research or a charity that supports families affected by cancer in honor of Laura.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefkristin
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies