• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request: Overcoming Emotions for Heroic Speech at Church Service

In summary, Heidi is giving a speech about her father, who died six and a half years ago from cancer. She is crying while reading her speech, and asks for prayers for strength. She says that it is ok to cry, and that her audience will not think anything of it.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
Hi everyone, I almost feel silly asking for this prayer request but I thought that maybe if I have a lot of people prayer for me then maybe it will be easier. Tomorrow night my church is having a special honoring our heroes service and I am giving a speech. It is on being the family member of a fire fighter. I am mainly talking about things that have to do with my dad and that is kind of hard for me to talk about...my dad and I were very close and he died 6 1/2 years ago of cancer and I was trying to read my speech to myself and just kept crying so if you could all lift me up in your prayers tomorrow I would appreciate it more than you know.

Thank you.

Heidi,

I'm so sorry!! You'll be in my prayers just remember that your dad will be smiling down on you the entire time!!! Good Luck!:)

Will be praying for you. I know it's hard to do something like this when it's so close to your heart.

I'll be praying for you as well. I'm sure you father would want you to celebrate him rather than only be sad.

I cry so easily about anything close to my heart. I'll be praying for you for sure!

He will be so proud of you! I will be praying for your strength!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Most of us ladies I'm sure are close with our dads and losing them is unthinkable. I'm sure most of us looked for our Prince Charming with our dads in the back of our mind. My dad is also a firefighter and I'm as tight as can be with both he and my mom.

I truly hope you make it thru your speech as best as you can. I'm sure your dad is smiling down on you and giving you strength. Please let us know how it went...:angel:

Heidi~

I pray that God will give you the strength and the words that you should be saying tomorrow. I pray also that your audience will have open hearts to hear what you have to say...and that God uses your words in a BIG WAY! Just remember to say a prayer beforehand (that helps to calm me when I am up in front of everyone at our church) and if you start to get overwhelmed, just pause and take a few deep breaths of prayer to Him. He will give you what you need!

Sorry to hear that you lost your Dad, even though time has passed, I am sure you still miss him like crazy. I lost my Mom a little over a year ago and there are still times that I just want to give her a call and talk to her!

Heidi,

I will say a prayer for you. I cannot imagine how hard it will be for you. Remember though, it is ok to cry people know you loved your dad and they will not think a thing about it if you cry while giving your speech. i will pray for God to carry you through it.

jrstephens said:
Heidi,

Remember though, it is ok to cry people know you loved your dad and they will not think a thing about it if you cry while giving your speech.

Well I just wanted to let everyone know how this went...First of all thank you all for your prayers and Jennifer I wanted to say thank you for telling me that it is OK to cry...I really didn't even think of that as being an option...Well there were 4 speeches and I was the 4th one, the first two were military and they both got very choked up so then I felt a lot better because if they could cry why couldn't I. I made it all the way to the last 2 points that I wanted to make and then I started to get very choked up so I took a deep breath(visibly) and continued. It went very well and everyone kept telling me how good it was. We had a powerpoint with some pics one of our whole family, one with my dad doing fire prevention and one with my dad and I standing in front of his fire engine with me dressed for my prom...anyway I had a lot of the people tell me that seeing my dad up there really choked them up too.

Anyway all of that was to say thank you all for your prayers.

Glad to hear that Heidi. I know he is proud of you!

Heidi, I am so glad all went good for you. I am sure you touched many.

1. How can I overcome my emotions while giving a speech at church?

One way to overcome emotions during a speech at church is to practice deep breathing and positive self-talk before the speech. Remind yourself that you are capable and prepared, and focus on the message you want to convey.

2. Can prayer help me with my emotions during a speech at church?

Yes, prayer can be a powerful tool in overcoming emotions during a speech at church. Take a moment to pray before your speech, asking for strength and calmness. You can also ask for guidance in delivering your message effectively.

3. How can I prepare myself mentally and emotionally for a speech at church?

Preparing mentally and emotionally for a speech at church involves practicing and rehearsing your speech beforehand. It also helps to visualize yourself giving a successful speech and to focus on the positive impact your message will have on the audience.

4. What should I do if I start feeling overwhelmed with emotions during my speech at church?

If you start feeling overwhelmed with emotions during your speech at church, take a moment to pause and breathe deeply. You can also try shifting your focus to the audience and their reactions, which can help you feel more connected and in control.

5. Is it okay to show emotions during a speech at church?

It is natural and understandable to show emotions during a speech at church, as long as it does not detract from your message. However, if you feel that your emotions are hindering your delivery, it is okay to take a moment to compose yourself before continuing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
Replies
Views
pchockeymom